The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:49:32 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Oh me, oh my! I thoroughly enjoyed that! I actually missed the preorder somehow. Got involved with playing Wonder5 Masters, and forgot all about the IMPORTANT stuff. Well, having just finished book 2, I'm already getting the munchies for book 3. SO worth it.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:21:57 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I would like to poke T-A-G with a pitchfork to prod him to write faster.

Unfortunately, the only Pitchfork Warehouse store location is in the Courts of Chaos and I am pretty sure I'm demona non grata there at the moment. Wonder if I can them to open a second store in Mount Doom?

BTW...The DoomSpa will be re-opening next week down in the lower levels, near the lava basin under the Great Hall.

It's been closed since Doom went inactive. But we got D'Orcs working on cleaning it up (lots of work after 4000 years of neglect) It's much nicer than Hellsprings Eternal. It's more of a full service D'Orcish Bath.

We have your standard lava spa tubs and pools, water swimming pools with near boiling, half boiling and nearly freezing water; there are several sauna's both dry and steam. We have some really great scalding steam saunas, as well as a Mercury Steam sauna for the really hardcore bathers. FYI Mercury steam is over 674.1 degrees Fahrenheit, 356.7 C. Personally, it's a bit warm for me, but some like it, they slowly work up to that one, and then run out and jump in the icy cold water bath! There was talk about having a liquid Nitrogen bath shortly before Doom went quiet. Not sure if we'll add that later.

The reason they took so long to decide on the liquid Nitrogen bath was that we weren't sure if it should go in the spa or the torture chamber. If you dip a demon, D'Orc, mortal, etc. in it, they freeze up solid, and then you can shatter them with a hammer. Regenerating from frozen shards is rather painful.

Anyway, there is also a gym and several massage rooms. Darg-nargoloth tells me those were used even after Doom shutdown.

However, we won't let T-A-G go to the spa until after he finishes book 3.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 3:13:36 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Ok, about to finish THH for the third (fourth...fifth?) time. I keep loving it. When I started hearing about Hilda before THH came out, I wasn't sure I was going to like her. But I think the scene of her in Wargtown cinched it for me. I like her. Hope her and Trisfelt actually get a chance to create a relationship beyond the friendship they have now.

I think I've started changing my opinion on Rupert. In ITA, I was thinking maybe he was Tom's brother. After all, we only know that Tom's dad died in an accident about ten years before ITA. If Tom's dad was summoned at that time, he COULD have conceived Rupert in nearly the correct timeframe.

BUT, now that the World Gate has entered the picture...and seeing how I watched many of the SG-1 episodes, I see another possibility. Now I'm thinking Tom really IS Rupert's father...or WILL be. After all, Tizzy continues to call Tom Rupert's father, even though he knows good and well he can't be at the moment. I mean, what good is being The Concordenax if you don't KNOW things, right? I can think of several ways it can go if this is the case. All of them quite amusing...well, for us, not for Tom. :) IF that's the case, then that means Tom won't end up the Eternal Virgin Demon Prince (R).

I mean, seriously, I still remember what *I* was thinking about nearly 24/7 when I was seventeen. Heh. What's the point of being the Dark Overlord of the Abyss if you can't have a few groupies over to your pad?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:46:47 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, if he's going to keep inviting his buddies over....I am going to have to start charging for my cookies!

Demobutter doesn't make itself! It's a lot of work to clarify the butter with the Demon Weed in it and then bake the cookies, plus regular baking supplies aren't that easy to come by in the Abyss. Actually, that's really the bigger problem. Demon Weed grows pretty well in the Abyss (if you know how to fertilize and moisturize it) and you get flour etc, but butter? Do you have any idea how much effort it is to transport butter? You have to keep it much cooler than the ambient temperature of the Abyss. Chocolate chips can also be a problem...but not like butter.

I mean, maybe if I can borrow the keys to the World Gate and some of those coins Völund is making, I would only have to charge for my labor; I can pay my assistant cooks with cookies. Actually, considering how much the sneakily eat while baking, they should consider themselves paid in full!

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#25 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 11:53:34 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Do you have any idea how much effort it is to transport butter? You have to keep it much cooler than the ambient temperature of the Abyss. Chocolate chips can also be a problem...but not like butter.

Ooo, I didn't think of that!

Of course, getting melted butter for any recipe would be no problem. Heh.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Puck  
#26 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 3:53:42 PM(UTC)
Puck

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post

I mean, seriously, I still remember what *I* was thinking about nearly 24/7 when I was seventeen. Heh. What's the point of being the Dark Overlord of the Abyss if you can't have a few groupies over to your pad?

Why ruin whats a good thing with something horribly complicated and terrible. T_T
Offline Tizzy  
#27 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 4:31:26 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

That is what Reggie is thinking about, I can guarantee you. That is one disadvantage us naked male demons have.

Tom does have a voluptuous blond in a revealing pink harem costume that calls him master! And who wants to grant him wishes. (and I have to say in my experience, one of the main reasons a djinni agrees to be bound is so the djinni can explore 'earthly pleasures' with their master--see Crispin--Djinnistan is a very odd place dedicated to pure intellect and isn't particularly material in the traditional sense, the djinn incarnate on the worlds of orc/men to experience physical sensations.)

Of course, that might make Zelda jealous. Zelda isn't that much older than Tom or Tamarin, all three are very young for their species. Although both Zelda and Tamarin think Tom is a lot older than he really is.

I only know how old he is because he told Boggy and I his age when he first arrived. Otherwise I wouldn't believe it myself.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2015 3:28:01 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Originally Posted by: Puck Go to Quoted Post

Why ruin whats a good thing with something horribly complicated and terrible. T_T

Oooo...kay. <_< Granted, as a Gelatinous Cube, my only "action" is digesting my current prey, but it's still pretty nice. Drool

Tom does have a voluptuous blond in a revealing pink harem costume that calls him master! And who wants to grant him wishes. (and I have to say in my experience, one of the main reasons a djinni agrees to be bound is so the djinni can explore 'earthly pleasures' with their master--see Crispin--Djinnistan is a very odd place dedicated to pure intellect and isn't particularly material in the traditional sense, the djinn incarnate on the worlds of orc/men to experience physical sensations.)

Of course, that might make Zelda jealous. Zelda isn't that much older than Tom or Tamarin, all three are very young for their species. Although both Zelda and Tamarin think Tom is a lot older than he really is.

I'm sure that most demon princes wouldn't think that "dipping the pen in the company well" was an issue, or even a thing, but I doubt Tom will think that way. Should be quite amusing if Tamarin and/or Zelda decide to take things into their own hands. Heheheh.

You know, I just realized that we know NOTHING about Rupert's mother. Not her name, what she looked like, where she and Rupert lived, what she told Rupert about his father...nothing. I mean, Rupert said he was at Lenamare's school to learn to summon his father. How was going to do that with no name or description?

Another mystery to be revealed in AoD! Dancing

And I am SO looking forward to Jenn learning about Edwyrd/Tom. Heheheheh.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2015 11:40:42 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm,

That is a good question, not sure how Rupert was planning to do that. Maybe his mom told him his dad's true name?

Or maybe he hasn't quite figured that out yet, but was planning on learning how to research it. Do we even know if he knows his own true name?

I would assume he must have been born and grew up somewhere near Lenamare, he's a little kid and I doubt he could travel that far to get to Lenamare's school.

Well, I suppose he could have...he is a demon after all, and he knew he was a demon, so he wouldn't have to worry about free range kobolds and similar brigands mugging him. He didn't know how to fly though, didn't have wings, so he'd have been hoofing it....and while he probably thought he was hungry, he would not have died of starvation etc.

Maybe T-A-G should write a prequel at some point?

Of course, there I went talking about free range kobolds, making me hungry! I only eat organic free range kobolds, of course. Got standards on food safety and all. Won't touch any of those cave grown kobolds, all raised inside those tiny little caves.

Of course, I suppose being a Gelatinous Cube you probably eat anything you can ooze over. Guessing that means lots of salads since grass can't run away very easily. Met a few trees that could though.

Of course, as an avid sportsman, I believe in a pure carnivore diet. What's the fun of eating if your dinner does not run, scream and try to fight you?

That's why I think vegetarians are evil! At least 'fauna' can run away, fight and try to escape, but the vast majority of 'flora' is just stuck there in the ground and can't run away. Vegetarians are very unsportsmanlike! Plus, they eat their prey alive! Think about it! you pluck an onion, potato, etc. They keep growing until you cut them up and eat them! So if you eat a vegetable, you are eating a living thing!

OK, now I admit, I have done that more than a few times. But again, when I'm eating someone alive, they can kick, scream, hit me and try to force me to stop. Not a poor helpless green onion, radish or turnip though!

Hmm, although what about Demon Weed? Well, I don't do the whole plant, just the buds, really. And once the buds dry out they are dead...so I think I'm OK on that. Well, if nothing else once burnt in my pipe they're dead before I smoke them.

Edited by user Monday, November 9, 2015 11:41:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline EyeDeKay  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:55:45 PM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Tizzy him walking doesn't make sense as in the first book book tom had to carry him while they escaped lenamare's school.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 11:54:32 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Originally Posted by: EyeDeKay Go to Quoted Post
Tizzy him walking doesn't make sense as in the first book book tom had to carry him while they escaped lenamare's school.

Yes, he did seem to be in about the same physical shape as a normal human boy about that age. So probably unlikely he walked all the way to Lenamare's school. Still, I doubt there would be many farmers that wouldn't give a small boy a ride. And from what little Rupert DID say, it sounded like he did travel for a bit.

As for being a omnivore, you'd be surprised at the number of adventurers that decide that a Gelcube is fairly harmless. Mighty tasty. Drool
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:59:44 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Are the adventurers mighty tasty or do they think gelatinous cubes are tasty?

Actually, thinking of that you might enjoy the movie The Stuff, it's not a gelatinous cube, it's more like sentient yogurt. You eat it, then it eats you.

Production values are well, Abyssmal, but that's what I like.

So good point on the walking. Maybe I'll bug T-A-G to do some prequel stories, riding wagons doesn't make sense. He keeps saying he's got lots of shorter stories in mind, he just never gets to putting them down.

I do think learning more about the lesser people in Astlan could be amusing. I only ever get to meet and eat very powerful wizards and their associates. I've been told that most Astlanians can't spew lightning bolts and fireballs at will. However, I have not met any that can't, so far.

We demons do have a rather jaundiced view of Astlanians. A lot of demons are scared to death(?) of Astlanians. Mothers scare their baby demons with tales of them. However, I've been around long enough (and eaten enough of them) to realize many of them are no more powerful than a sprite or imp, and some even a lot weaker.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#33 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 10:51:42 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Are the adventurers mighty tasty or do they think gelatinous cubes are tasty?

Actually, thinking of that you might enjoy the movie The Stuff, it's not a gelatinous cube, it's more like sentient yogurt. You eat it, then it eats you.

Oh, that's my cousin George. He's the actor of the family. He's got that knack of eating prey from the inside. I always thought it was cool.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#34 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 12:44:48 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well dining habits do vary by culture.

I'll be honest, I thought George's table manners were a bit...off...but I am used to food going the other way so I suppose it's all just a matter of what you are used to.
Offline Al'mudo  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:58:06 PM(UTC)
Al'mudo

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Maybe T-A-G can share with us the parts that were cut after beta...like the roller coaster or whatnot...Especially needed for those who have gone in withdrawal after Book 2 happened to be so short....(compared to Book 1)
Offline Tizzy  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:54:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, that's an interesting idea.

The roller coaster would be an excellent example of dribble to put on the site.

Some of the other cut bits, however, are going to be rewritten and expanded to deal with Captain Asmeth and his crew and the inter dimensional brigands that stole the book for Lenamare. Tentatively, that will be in a shorter book (and potential series) call the Seas of Astlan: Red Sky at Dawn (or something like that)