The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Christopher Cope  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:25:26 AM(UTC)
Christopher Cope

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Okay, so what shows and books do you know that have demons as main characters? And BTW, I am NOT going to include all the "My Demon Lover" type books, of which there are too many to count.

These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head

Books
The Devil is a Part-Timer, Japanese Light Novel.

TV
Lucifer
Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:34:36 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I love "Lucy"

I'm currently in Lucy withdrawal as it is on hiatus.

YPFIGTH is also great!

In terms of a movie: I think "He Never Died" certainly counts. On Netflix, probably on Amazon in some form.

Main characters are hard, however if you include major characters:

Supernatural
Angel
Charmed
Buffy
The Messengers (CW on Netflix)
Constantine (TV show & Movie)
Ash vs the Evil Dead (Starz--yes, supposedly they are undead--but they are actually demon possessed corpses which is why they are the Evil Dead) also associated movies

Of course, if, on the other handm you want Gods as the main characters, then you are required by law to watch:

The Almighty Johnsons (also on Netflix)

For the moment, that's what comes to the top of my head, having watched them. I am not including Anime, in which case, the list really grows...

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:56:37 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Caine Deathwalker in the Demon Lord series by Morgan Blayde was raised by a demon if that counts.

uh, thinking, thinking....

Good Intentions by Elliott Kay has a main character who is a demon, a Succubus to be specific.

i think there's 1 more i know of.....

drat, completely thought out at the moment, but I'll come back if i think of more.
Offline Christopher Cope  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:56:02 AM(UTC)
Christopher Cope

I was specifically thinking purely of MC's like the "Blue Exorcist" anime, as that's much more rare. There are a number of things with demonic supporting characters. I know there's a whole slate of urban fantasy novels concerning demon/angel wars. Or something more post apocalyptic, like the former TV show "Dominion".
Offline GameGraphix  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:33:31 AM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Books...

The Imp series by Debra Dunar - MC starts off an an imp as well as having the titles of Ha Satan and the Iblis - later turns into an Angle of Chaos

Offline Tizzy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 6:21:16 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

if you include anime, you really need to include my buddy Ryuk's series, DeathNote...

Yes, yes, peeps will try and tell you that Light is the hero, but that's all BS, Ryuk is the only truly important character in the series, after all, it's his DeathNote.

Sheesh, haven't seen Ryuk in a while, we used to have lots of fun together, he's also quite handsome, if I do say myself, a true leading man sort of actor.

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:41:26 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud is another one, it's a decent read.
Offline EyeDeKay  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 1:20:53 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I recommened this story in the fantasy section, but i just re-read them. MC is devnikoulus the demon prince of destruction. The first story bit is called Celestial matters, the second is Celestial wars. Supposed to be a third, but the author seems to have disappeared.
Offline EyeDeKay  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 1:37:04 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dirk Flamberge Go to Quoted Post
Caine Deathwalker in the Demon Lord series by Morgan Blayde was raised by a demon if that counts.

uh, thinking, thinking....

Good Intentions by Elliott Kay has a main character who is a demon, a Succubus to be specific.

i think there's 1 more i know of.....

drat, completely thought out at the moment, but I'll come back if i think of more.

if you didn't know book 7 came out on jan 26 for the deathwalker series
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 1:47:15 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

is that to me? or someone else?
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 2:12:17 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

So if we are moving into books, then I will suggest The Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop

There are demonic characters, and all sorts of warlocks and witches who derive their magic through "unholy" sources etc.

Also some kinky stuff, like bonded pleasure slaves, etc.

Example characters: Saeten, Lord of Hell, and his son Daemon, who is fated to be the consort of the Dark Queen.
Offline GameGraphix  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 8:16:45 PM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Another book series is the Dante Valentine series by Lilith Saintcrow....MC is a Necromancer for hire that is turned into a sort-of demon hybrid by the Devil's demon assassin
Offline Mikey  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 10:42:46 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 11:42:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Excellent point! Completely forgot Dogma, which is odd, because it's not that frequent that the Demi-Urge exposes her true identity.

I know, a lot of Americans were disappointed to learn that God was a Canadian, which is a bit odd, given that her son was Judean, wondering if he had dual citizenship? Of course, it also annoyed people to learn that he actually had two moms, Alanis and Mary, now, given that we know that Alanis was raised Catholic, (i.e. God is a Catholic) which mother's maternal line counts for determining Jewishness?

Cause if he was Catholic and not Jewish, Church dogma starts getting a bit confusing.

Think
Offline patrickwalker460@gmail.com  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:54:27 AM(UTC)
patrickwalker460@gmail.com

Will “the walking dead” come under this category? Because I am addicted to this show. I take out time for watching shows by Andy Yeatman with my siblings but other than that I am not watching any other shows lately. After coming across this post, I feel like adding this to my watch list.
Offline Tizzy  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:18:01 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, depends on how you create your undead--for example "Evil Dead" as in Ash VS/Army of Darkness etc undead are clearly demonic, even when they're dead.

However, I am reasonably certain the Walking Dead or more traditional science based Unlife.

So not sure they are technically demonic MC's.

However, they are clearly correlated to the forum as undead slaying is a favorite pastime of many D'Orcs. Particularly the Visterothi....

Offline Korwin  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 12:47:56 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Demon Girl (Keeley Thomson Book One) by P.S. Power

Followed by
  • Keelzebub
  • Mistress of Souls
  • Demon Trap
  • Demon Bait

Edit: btw. not classic Demons, in Astlan Terms, they are incarnated and phoenix cycled.

Edited by user Monday, January 21, 2019 12:58:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Author Guy  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 11:26:30 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Hmm,

I know that name, I know I've read something by PS, however, can't figure out which they've only written about a thousand books.

Must be of the same race as the Sanderson, you know someone with access to a localverse with millions of worlds populated by monkeys with typewriters continually typing until they churn out a book suitable for publication. Which for "The Sanderson" is about every 5 minutes.