The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#81 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:18:21 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think I've seen those before...... oh right! it was on the Moving Picture device. An advertisement for some sort of bug killer, showed one of those in a cage/pit thing, they poured something on it that i can't remember what it was, and the thing made the damnedest squeaking noise I've ever heard and poofed into a cloud of dust like when those War of The World Tripod Devices blast someone. Although it could easily have been a mutated cockroach rather than what that thing is, but they didn't have metal anywhere around where it was kept. I'll get back to you on what that substance was just in case you wanted to order some for Doom.
Offline Tizzy  
#82 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:38:21 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Rusty is not a little bug! Note the size of him compared to the sword he is eating! Any can of bug spray potent enough for him will probably kill the sprayer!

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#83 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:41:37 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

I never said the thing they killed was small, and you underestimate the power of Science™
Offline Tizzy  
#84 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:57:06 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Nope. Will not, shall not, cannot.

You know there is a reason why very intelligent people when faced with a ridiculous Rube Goldberg style mechanism of action that should not/could not possibly work, they wave their hands and say "It's all science to me!"

Science is all make believe hocus pocus that follows no clearly defined principles, like magic.

Although, admittedly, Chief Engineer Grommet Spit-Eye said practically the same thing to Trig Bioblast in relation to what shamans do.

Curious cross-perspectives.

Oh well, only one perspective matters! Mine! Obviously! Dancing
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#85 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:19:39 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Personally, and from personal experience, something that has Science And Magic involved in the process ends up being greater than the sum of its parts.
Offline Tizzy  
#86 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:32:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, you must have great stabilizers or skill, my experience says that combining the two results in explosions greater than the sum of their mana...

But that's me and a few dead wizards...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
BigGrin
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#87 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:50:01 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Sometimes an explosion is the desired outcome, but yes i do have that. When this realm formed i'm guessing something interesting happened because science and magic are far more compatible than regular here. That's one of the main reasons i call it my home.
Offline Tizzy  
#88 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2017 9:50:10 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm

Maybe you are in the same localverse as Gormegast, where Trig lives. Shamans work fairly close to normal, no wizards that I know of, but lots of high tech spacecraft.

Well, technically, he doesn't live on Gormegast, but his horde and clan arose on that planet. They patrol the Antilles Cluster. The Horde fully claims it and the associated worlds.

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#89 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 4:07:13 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

No idea, it's a big Galaxy out there, anything's possible, from Universe to Localverse to Multiverse, and finally the Ultimate Ensemble, the heart of Everything.

Think of a universe as a leaf, a localverse as a Tree, and the multiverse as a forest, naturally the Ultimate ensemble is the congregation of all forests, and this isn't even including all Dimensions. It's enough to drive men stark raving Mad or to drink to self destruction.

Edited by user Monday, June 5, 2017 4:11:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#90 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 3:19:03 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, that would explain why the only multiversal philosophers that aren't passed out by mid-morning are all women....

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#91 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 7:18:00 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

I resent that comment, I'll have you know I only Partake on weekends and Universal Drinking days.
Offline Tizzy  
#92 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 7:59:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Dirk Flamberge Go to Quoted Post
I resent that comment, I'll have you know I only Partake on weekends and Universal Drinking days.

BWAH HAH HAH

And thus you prove my point! And that is precisely the problem!

That is what all multiversal philosophers/scholars say.

However, when one encompasses the entire multiverse it's always both a weekend and a Universal Drinking Day somewhere, in some combination of universes.

Thus, for multiversal scholars/philosophers who live on multiversal time, every day is a "double powered drinking day"

Now you might ask "what is a double powered drinking day?"

Well, the first "double powered drinking day" on Earth was discovered by a fellow named Saint Patrick, and post his discovery, this date is now named in his honor.

So if you ever visit Earth on Saint Patrick's day, you will understand what a double powered drinking day is!
Offline Tizzy  
#93 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 8:02:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

BTW in some Earth cities, like Chicago, they claim to dye their rivers green in honor of the holiday.

However, in point of fact, this it is not true, the river turns green due to the incessant drunken vomiting of St Patrick's illuminaries and worshipers.

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#94 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 10:04:40 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Difference is that I'm not a multiversal philosopher, that was my minor, my two majors are the Majority (no pun intended) of what my Work is.
Offline Tizzy  
#95 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 10:27:15 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Dirk Flamberge Go to Quoted Post
Difference is that I'm not a multiversal philosopher, that was my minor, my two majors are the Majority (no pun intended) of what my Work is.

Sorry, missing what were your two Majors? Witchcraft and Engineering? Astrology and Astrophysics? Or with your hybrids, Botany and Veterinary Science? Or Biology and Engineering? Genetics and Aesthetics? Wait? Are you responsible for Chia Pets? Are those your works?

Offline Tizzy  
#96 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 10:34:01 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Also, trying to recall, but before the avatar problems, weren't you employed as a Haberdasher?

Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#97 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 10:52:49 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Sorry, thought i wrote those. My Majors are EuƒzƒŠƒ“ƒOv@ƒWƒƒ“ƒv’†‚ɃWƒƒƒ“ƒv‚µ‚½•ûŒü‚ð‰Ÿ‚µ‚Á‚Ï‚È‚µ@¦ á{¬K@@@EwƒCƒ‰ƒ}ƒ`ƒIxs‰ñEµ‚½‚È‚ç‚W‚̂܂܁@‚Vx‚Ł@uŒã‚ëv¨u‘Ovv‚µ‚½‚ç‚V ‚̂܂܁@‚Æ Œ¾‚¤ˆÓ–¡ @.

....I apologize, something is going wrong with the encryption on my GigaSystem again, Suffice to say is that what i do involves Flora and Fauna, O̷̫͉͈̪̥̖̪̞͚͋̇͑̿̈́͑́̂͋̿͜m̴̩̱̼̱̺̙͕̩̾̈́̾̊̌̑͋͑̽͋̈́̚͠n̶̡̥̣͈̤͓͔̟̥̬͖̄̓͒̑́̔́̈́̆̃̈́̉̈́͘i̵̲̼̞̖̔̆̏̒͝ͅG̵̞̟͖͉̒͘i̸̹͓̔̌͒̑̍̕ņ̶̹̻̠̣̖̻̳̦͕̖̙̥̺̓͊̍͒̌͆́̋̋͛̉͝e̷̤͇̖̝̦̬̹͚̖͇̞̪͗͆̍͝͝ệ̴̡̝̮̹̤̥͓͚͕̥̐͑̓ȓ̵̳̰̾̌̍̌̃̃͘ͅi̴̧͔̭͂̓̌́̈́͐͘͜͝͝ǹ̸͔̪̮̟͉̰͊̎̈́̑̓͋͋͐̔̈́̎̔̆ͅg̸̼̙͖̜͖̹͙̖̝̖̭̟͍̾̾͜, hands on Multiversal and cross dimensional Science, and Lots of Mana Exploitation Theory. I do however try to keep myself open to new ideas and fiddle in a lot of other areas, but i'm not going to go to the trouble of listing all that.

Offline Tizzy  
#98 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 10:57:47 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Ooh love the vertical text. That's particularly cool. Not at all sure what character set it is.

Seriously freaky though.

But, yes, the majors do make sense once I copy and past to MultiPad that has most normal character sets across the multiverse. This forum is 'ing a lot. The vertical stuff however is not getting translated. I assume that's the encryption problem.

Offline Zeravar  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:07:19 PM(UTC)
Zeravar

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Wait a second, THAT'S where Rusty went?! I've been looking for his undying ass for a few centuries! Bastard stole my favorite elf head! Granted the head was impaled on a pike and decaying, but it's the principle of the matter! Also, Tizzy, I've had Zelda hide your microphone so you can't make that damned feedback again! BWAHAHAHA!!! Flapper

Edited by user Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:09:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:33:12 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yep that is where he went.

Bwah! Hah! Hah! If you take my microphone, I'll only have to screech louder and I can guarantee you I won't be as pleasant as the dulcimer tone of mic-speaker feedback. My beautiful screaming voice has been compared very favorable to claws on a chalkboard!