The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mikey  
#41 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:18:49 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Oooh, Kindleverse!! A subset of the multiverse that only exists in the deepest regions of the Amazon!

The place is here, the time is now, and the journey into the ten-page $14 scam ebooks we are about to watch could be our journey.
Offline Coatl  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:09:54 AM(UTC)
Coatl

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

Try out the Emerilia series by Micheal Chatfield. It starts with The Trapped Mind Project. And the Magic Academy series is great.
Offline Coatl  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:29:24 PM(UTC)
Coatl

I think that would logically work in the Fantasy forum, there is a topic on recommendations there, another topic on what makes a good fantasy novel would work.

Of course, I really don't know what you mean by a "a good fantasy book"

As I see it, you need to take worlds as you find them, and then write the non-fiction narratives of the events in that world as you observe them.

You sort of have to describe it as it is, the author can be at fault for not being able to suitably describe the events that happened, but you can hardly blame an author for the laws of physics, or lack there of, in a particular localverse or the events themselves nor their lameness.

Now true, the author might misrepresent them, but ultimately authors are just describing what they find in those worlds.

That's what T-A-G is doing. His faults are all about narrative structure, omissions of facts (now that's a serious issue for T-A-G, he is often misrepresenting my actions) etc.

Speaking of which. Was Tolkien approached by someone who witnessed the events of Middle Earth? Or was he someone who could perform astral projection and he interviewed them, transcribing the tales the way that I do with my astramastery?
Offline Tizzy  
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:11:04 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I suspect the latter, since the events on middle earth took place long before he lived.

Of course, it is also possible that he was remembering them from a previous life, perhaps he had once been a hobbit on ME?

T-A-G of course is not remembering this story, or really, even seeing these events. I am telling him what happened and he's completely botching the story telling! He's like purposefully omitting all of my most heroic moments! And for no discernible reason!

Edited by user Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:11:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Coatl  
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:49:28 AM(UTC)
Coatl

Interesting. By the way, you wouldn’t happen to know what the 21st animagic discipline is, Tizzy? I’m a novice animage, and whenever I bring it up with my teacher, he goes on a rant about how it doesn’t exist. Think you could help me out? I’d owe you.
Offline Tizzy  
#46 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 9:38:14 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Does not exist!

Nope, not at all.

However, if it did exist, there are some "beings" in the Antilles Cluster localverse that have been known to practice it, so it could show up in OOA.

Offline Coatl  
#47 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 10:29:46 AM(UTC)
Coatl

Antilles? Right!...Abyss, I’m going to have to wait for TAG to release that. I don’t have any contacts there, and astral projection across the multiverse without an anchor is the definition of stupidity.
Offline Tizzy  
#48 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:22:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, but if one is self-contained and pressurized, like a demon for example, such jumping can be a fun adventure, never know where you are going to show up. Although appearing in deep space can be navigationally challenging, trying to figure out where to head to, much worse than being lost at sea.

Offline GameGraphix  
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 8:20:31 AM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
For those of you who like The Divine Dungeon series by Dakota Krout, book 3 is available for pre-order on Amazon - due out 15th Novemeber.

Dungeon Calamity (The Divine Dungeon Book 3)
Offline The Author Guy  
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 3:15:17 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Aagh, I haven't even finished #2 yet. I bought it the moment it was released and haven't gotten to it...

I am most annoyed at M. Krout, his fictionizing fecundity makes me feel very inadequate.
Offline Saric  
#51 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2018 5:57:04 AM(UTC)
Saric

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#52 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2018 12:55:54 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You know, I read the first two Laboratory Dungeon books, but it just didn't hook me past that. Not sure why. The premise was interesting, I guess I just didn't care for where they took it.

Delvers is interesting.

Scottie Futch has some interesting LitRPG stuff. Like Earth Tactics Advance. Basically what would happen if the Earth had an apocalypse that changed it into a Turn-Based tactical RPG. I think that was just a "can I make this happen" kind of story.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 8:14:22 AM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm having issues seeing how The Nascent series by tony corden got the overwhelmingly positive views it has. The books are a compendium of ridiculously over the top Mary Sue back patting nonsense bonanza, and the amount of Contrived situations borders, and then jumps the border like a Vin Diesel mexican drug cartel drug running movie, into complete insanity, and oh my god the loot lists. The loot screens were the worst.

For the first two books, the main character is so perfect that she's definitely a Mary Sue. She gets everything she wants almost immediately. She becomes insanely rich, super powerful in her chosen virtual reality game, and is able to tactically and psychologically assess any situation out of nowhere. She instantly, in her first fight, learns how to use the game mechanics to her advantage but somehow literally no one else has ever done this same thing even with years spent in game. Throughout this series, the main character constantly knows what to say or do to resolve a situation easily. It doesn't matter if she has to literally change her entire character, she just suddenly does it. She constantly out-thinks experienced tacticians and fighters, schools people in everything they should already know, and wins fights that she shouldn't be able to win, no matter how tactically-minded she is. The main character also gets everything she wants on her own schedule, rather than anything else. Case in point: the MC attends a college and she gets to take her classes on her schedule. Sure, the classes are run by advanced artificial intelligence programs, but that doesn't mean anything worthwhile. the humans running the college classes would get to decide the schedule and she'd have to work around that if this was real life, even with AI running them. But in this universe she does whatever she wants whenever she wants, no matter what.

i could go on, but i wont. But i could.
Offline GameGraphix  
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 11:52:20 PM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
+1 for the Trapped Mind Project by Michael Chatfield - it actually took me months to decide to read the first book, I didn't like the Blurb description for the book and series and kept putting it off...eventually decided to read it - and then promptly read the next 10 books in the series....

Becoming the Orc Chieftain (First Orcish Era Book 1) by E.M. Hardy - Just read and found it interesting enough to read in 1 sitting, will look at the second book when it's released. Not a traditional LitRPG, but interesting.

New Era Online by Shemer Kuznits - just read the first book (Life Reset), and about to start on the second (Life Reset: EvP).
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#55 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 2:40:22 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Ok, I've been on a Light Novel kick lately, and I usually enjoy the more non-traditional isekai stories. I'm just going to throw this out there.

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon by Hirukuma. It's...so over the top absurd in most respects. But it's a well written story, and the characters are so likable it's hard to not read and laugh.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Mikey  
#56 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 11:23:58 AM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
Hirukuma

How can you stand the protagonists in JP web novels? It's like none of the JP authors has ever seen or heard of self confidence or independence in any of their forms.

After having gone through hundreds of CN/JP/PH web novels, this is the handful that's any good for an adult reader, and reliably updated:

"Spare me, great Lord!": https://www.webnovel.com/book/9067107706001305

"Reverend insanity": https://www.webnovel.com/book/7996858406002505

"White-robed chief": https://www.webnovel.com/book/9319692306001905

"The path towards heaven": https://www.webnovel.com/book/8799158806001005

"The daily life of the immortal king": https://www.webnovel.com/book/9320715905002805

"Emperor's domination": https://www.novelupdates...ies/emperors-domination/

"History's strongest senior brother": https://www.novelupdates...trongest-senior-brother/
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#57 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2018 3:02:44 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Sometimes I can't, but my reading goes through phases, and right now I'm into light stories that make me laugh. A story who's main character gets reincarnated as a vending machine? That gets a laugh. :)

True, there's a lot of those stories whose MC simply makes me insane. But if the MC isn't a complete moron, and the story is interesting and funny, I'll give it a whirl.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:58:06 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
Sometimes I can't, but my reading goes through phases, and right now I'm into light stories that make me laugh. A story who's main character gets reincarnated as a vending machine? That gets a laugh. :)

A vending machine?

OK, that's it. If I hear one more bitchy demon newbie whining about being enslaved as a demon, I'm going to slap them silly! They could have ended up as a vending machine! Surely being a demon is better than being a vending machine?

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#59 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 1:57:46 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Surely being a demon is better than being a vending machine?

I don't know. He makes bank because it's a low-tech medieval System world, and no one else has modern processed junk food.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#60 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 3:11:11 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, so is there like a "Vending Core" sort of like a "Dungeon Core" or a "Monster Core" or is it completely different maginology?

And if so, is the core a jewel, or a very special candy bar?

Hope it's not a Twix Core, the conflict between the Left and Right could produce a sort of dissociative identity disorder thing, which, is fine for your average demon or even human, but not sure its desirable in a vending machine.