The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dspring  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 5:57:16 PM(UTC)
dspring

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

There are 666 doomalogs out there and Tom has only connected 1 of them to this point (Nysgard). Which means another doomalog can be activated soon. Tom has indicated a preference to slow this down and keep to the magic side (vs the high tech side). That preference is not going to matter much... Not talking

Reasons
1) The process is driven by mana availability. So each doomalog that is hooked up will eventually start contributing "net" mana to Mount Doom. That means the next doomalog can start opening up. And with all these doomalogs in operation, I suspect that mana availability will keep growing - and allowing faster and faster re-activation to occur. Of course, Tom can slow things down if he wishes except for.... Dancing

2) There is going to be a strong push from his followers to speed things up -- to open up trade, reconnect scattered tribes and simply because the news that Orcus is back will encourage new shamans to seek out Doom. Pray

3) Nysgard had a number of d'orcs. If the other doomalogs have even a couple of d'orcs each, that can add a lot of d'orcs to Mount Doom. After all, Tom only has 3,000 or so D'orcs today. Another thousand or two from the doomalogs would be a big boost. Angel

4) We already know that the tech world orcs are going to be in trouble (another book), so hard to see how Tom can refuse to help them d'oh!

5) The Lords of Chaos and the Elven Gods are going to be attacking orcs everywhere they can -- and Doom will need act even if not ready Shame on you

6) at least one doomalog has probably gone wrong in some way. We already know that one of Orcus's old minions went insane and took over when not properly supervised. I suspect it has happened again since then and Tom will feel obligated to fix the problem. Brick wall

I am sure there are another 660 reasons, but the six above are good enough for me. Boo hoo!

Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:37:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
There are 664 Doomalogues thought to be feasible to reopen.

We lost the one a long time ago thanks to that damned Necromancer. (We didn't know he was a necromancer at the time, we just thought he liked to make jewelry)

Then Etterdam was toasted, and has other issues that will be discovered in Book 4.

So by default the system has a restoration order/default priority of Doomalogues to power up in certain order.

We put that on hold so we can control the openings and not get surprised. The idea being, let's try to get to the Doomologue form outside to check it out before powering it up.

So that's the tasks of the current group of shamans.

Tal Gor is moving to open up Astlan
Farsooth Gore Tusk is heading to the one on Romdan
Ragala-nargoloth is heading to Etterdam to check out the damage
Beya Fei Geist is with Rupert & Ferog on Ithgar
Trig Bioblast is searching for the Doom of the Antilles in OOA.

They will most likely be opened (except for Etterdam which will need to be assessed and repaired) in the order they are found/needed.

And, definitely yes, we need more D'Orcs wherever we can get them.

The one on Earth is slightly problematic since silly humans built a city on top of it.

So this requires us to ask the question, is Auckland NZ truly essential? Or can the planet get by without it?

Offline Korwin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 9:00:55 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
There are 664 Doomalogues thought to be feasible to reopen.

We lost the one a long time ago thanks to that damned Necromancer. (We didn't know he was a necromancer at the time, we just thought he liked to make jewelry)

Tizzy you said there where more than 666 Doomalogues orginally. Then some things happened (including that Necromancer story) and the number shrinked to 666.
So you can't subtract that Doomaloge twice Angel

Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:34:26 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Did I?

I don't have my book, I'm working from my notes, so things are uncertain.

Let me check my notes for that.
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:57:15 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

d'oh! Brick wall Blushing

I must be getting dotty in my old age. Yes, there were 673, a prime number, my bad.

666 was the number left.

And we had shut down your Earth before the "incident"

During Ragnarok, we had to unleash a certain prisoner of Tartarus and we accidentally sunk half the continent (Atlantis) and hence Auckland NZ is at the top of the volcanos.

So, reopening it might get a little messy, in addition to wiping out Auckland, we'd probably need to spew a lot of lava and build a new continent around us, not sure how the Aussies are going to like us as a neighbor but...

Of course, what you can't easily tell from this picture but Australia was part of Atlantis too...

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:56:14 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Meh, I'd prioritize other Dooms before Earth. It's not going anywhere, and really wouldn't offer much, since the mana's so thin there. It'd take so much to repair and replace, the ROI would be centuries, if not millennia. Better to open other Dooms that would have much faster returns.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:48:12 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Good points.

T-A-G was also not in favor, apparently he's got some beta demons there and he doesn't want us to bury their houses in lava.

Although being beta demons, they'd have quite a bit of say on how the lava flowed, maybe we could route it around their houses?
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 6:38:52 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I doubt the beta demons are worried about themselves. They've probably got pets or playthings they're worried about killing too soon. Right?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Zeravar  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2019 9:07:15 PM(UTC)
Zeravar

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post
I doubt the beta demons are worried about themselves. They've probably got pets or playthings they're worried about killing too soon. Right?

Of course! How else could beta demons on a mana-deprived planet have a hope of recruiting more Minions of Doom if the former minions were killed off by Doom's arrival? The Demiurge would spin that to his advantage and make Doom even more of an enemy. Not to mention that a certain Archdemon is still inhabiting that world and would be very upset at other demons intruding on his "playpen"
Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 2:32:36 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, he would spin that horribly.

Sam was telling me that the Demi-urge has a new personal attorney to do his work on Earth. The attorney is what's called a Raver, its a type of demon that's very charismatic but completely unhinged and delusional, and does nothing but "spins" stories for their client. A lot of the Demi-urge's followers apparently believe everything the Raver says.

The funny thing, and not sure if the Demi-urge knows this, but this particular Raver is also working for an archdemon who used to live in the Courts of Chaos, but recently moved to Earth to take over some country there.