The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 6:26:01 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
In principle a full soul suck would have meant there is nothing left to cycle. That would have been murder, just like permanently slaying a demon (which actually requires something very similar).

So, the "intent" was definitely murder and an end to Orcus' ability to PC.

I am going to argue for full prosecution of Murder 1. But I fear we may get stuck accepting a judgement of attempted murder since he did survive, if barely.

Offline Guruushika  
#22 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 7:16:11 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Attempted Murder/Deicide would be the logical charges. Not to mention conspiracy and technically treason against the light. Consorting with the undead might not be considered necessarily treason, but helping them create a weapon that could kill a god seems like the gods of light might be a little angry with Sentir Fallon and co.

If Zeus and Athena are among those judging, the latter charges would get Sentir into really hot water, and arguing circles around a goddess of wisdom and an angry head of a pantheon might be a very complicated two-step. I'm not sure Sentir is up for that. Lillith, sure, she can talk her way out of that. The second Sentir tries to blame her, she's likely to start unloading all the dirty laundry in the way worst for Sentir.

Offline Tizzy  
#23 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2022 9:43:21 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Very much indeed...but as I have already seen (having been there) and you will see in Doom's Day....things are even more complicated than this!

Without giving too much away, it suffices to say that there are at least 3 pantheons, plus Lilith & Mount Doom involved in this dispute. So that means the Tribunal! Woo Hoo!

I should really think that Consorting with Unlife would be a criminal sin in the Court of Tiernon!
Offline Guruushika  
#24 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 6:56:57 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

I wasn't 100% sure that Sentir Fallon didn't figure out a way to separate the Trials, since the two incidences did happen 4000+ years apart. Obviously the accusers would want everything presented as a massive case of corruption on Sentir's part, but there are some degrees of separation between the events of the Rod of Tiernon and Orcus' fall.

As for the Unlife and the Church of Tiernon, technically Justice shouldn't discriminate between the living and the unliving, so I suppose the point could be made that as long as an undead isn't guilty of having comitted any crime (such as feeding on the living), they would deserve justice. I suppose a vegan vampire could be worthy of justice. A key part of that is true repentence, after all.

For some reason I am now imagining Tizzy in a suit with a southern Accent doing his best Matlock...
Admittedly the result would be more like Foghorn Leghorn trying to argue his case but still...
Offline Tizzy  
#25 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 2:10:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well a lot depends on who the judges are, as far as the Unlife go. But by and large, very few of the "law and order" gods like the Unlife since they are disruptive perturbations in the reality of the world they are operating in. But, yes, technically it's not that much more evil than many others...

BUT for the Church of Tiernon? Unlife is a crime! Punishable by either disintegration or a "Life" sentence!

It's only been 4,000 years, so not that long on cosmic terms, I think there is like a 7,000 year statue of limitation, but not sure....

Matlock, I'll take that, most people imagining me as a lawyer bring up 'My Cousin Vinny' so Matlock is a step up.
Offline Reptide  
#26 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 6:15:37 PM(UTC)
Reptide

Iam wondering, Will there be some derenged activist who will fight for rights of undead?
Some kind wacko privilidged maniac who will call everybody who dont like undeads racist or some different slurr?
“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Offline Tizzy  
#27 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 9:31:57 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I am sure there are necro-lawyers....

If nothing else, I am certain that there are lawyers to represent necromancers....(many of whom are alive)

Oh, what about that Nosferatu lawyer from your world? The one who's sparse hair strands bleed brown/stale blood down his face? I bet he'd do it!

I know he's represented at least one archdemon.
Offline Guruushika  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 7:32:28 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

I am sure there are whole bunches of undead lawyers, bloodsucking comes naturally to some members of that profession after all and everlasting unlife has some appeals to those desperate enough.

As for the aforementioned lawyer, they are probably better off offering a competent lawyer unlife. The pro-vampire lobby is still strong, thanks in part to unlife sympathizers like Anne Rice (R.I.P.) and Stephanie Meyer.

Settling for a washed up Nos is kind of like like settling for a cousin instead of going dating...

Assuming Anne Rice or Stephanie Meyer don't ascend/descend, there is still a strong possibility of seeing some activists.
Offline Tizzy  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 6:24:15 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Good point, there would be plenty of vampire lawyers.

Although I think most vampires on your world go in to venture capital, or business consulting.

I am sure, if any vampire lawyers showed up in a 'Celestial Court' they'd all be smokin' lawyers!
Offline Guruushika  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 7:32:34 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

I just hope nobody introduces the undead to Gastrope's little amulet. The idea of undead running around with amulets that create a neutral energy barrier so that positive energy bursts just wash over them seems like it might be a game changer for intelligent undead.
Offline Tizzy  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 1:02:47 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, such an amulet would be very useful. To some people.

But it would need to be improved, the base one only creates a cool/moisture barrier. There are continuous improvement for it, and Reed gets the newest model in Doom's Day, but fortunately, it can't neutralize or deneutralize or ???

That's the thing the Abyss depolarizes animus, sort of like un-Sun glasses. You would need sort of a polarization barrier that traps animus polarization inside, exact same sort of idea as the current amulet, but with a different type of energy.

I am now very paranoid that some of the more Chaotic Gods of Death might have such things. It's usually the Chaos affiliated gods of Death that use undead armies....hmmm
Offline Guruushika  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 3:00:26 PM(UTC)
Guruushika

Of course the amulet would need to be improved, that goes without saying. The problem the undead seem to have is that they are not very creative, some exceptions do apply of course. I assume that in Orcus‘ time, on occasion the risi joined in the fight on occasion. The undead see this and create a brute force method to enslave a risi.

They had the raw materials for the interdiction field, but needed Exador to finish it. In essence the undead are somewhat uncreative and require inspiration. That amulet would be exactly that.
Offline Tizzy  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 10:49:57 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, hmm, hmm.

Well isn't that a major topic of early Doom's Day!

OK, and really the latter part....

And, oh, yes, the middle part....

BUT!! Not any of the other parts!

Offline Guruushika  
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2022 10:43:56 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Now just imagine what the undead would do if they managed to get their hands on a certain Counselor aboard a certain flying submarine…
Offline Tizzy  
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2022 5:37:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Not sure, but pretty good bet Oorstemoth has a law against kidnapping and necroforming it's counselors.

Although, apparently no laws against having Demon Princes serve in their military---which strikes me as odd considering how 'hell bent' they are on capturing Tom.
Offline Guruushika  
#36 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 9:32:54 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Well, while it might be against their rules to necroform one of their counselors, the question of if it is illegal to have oneself necroformed is another matter. Temptation is a thing that someone competent on the side of the undead could theoretically use to try and woo Dante. Especially if the type of undeath is more appealing like Vampirism. (They probably have some really good vids along the lines of 'Vampirism and me) If undeath is an automatic 'Destroy on sight' offense in Oorstemoth, then maybe.

So, at what point will it be revealed that the Oorstemothian god of chaos is trapped in Tarterus, two cells down from 'Mommy Dearest', and that since Tom has been harassed by Oorstemoth and he hasn't been paid in 5000+ years he should just release him...?
Offline Tizzy  
#37 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 9:32:28 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I am sure there must be a law in Oorstemoth about it. At the very least, the paperwork for that sort of 'life change' or 'unlife change' would be prodigious, and possibly logically impossible to complete.

Why I think this is because unlife is a highly entropic state, which implies Chaos. Oorstemoth is not a fan of Chaos....as you point out!

If any place was going to send a God of Chaos to Tartarus, it would be them!

Unfortunately, Oorstemoth was only founded about 1600 years ago, long after we had to shutdown new incarcerations. So I am sure we don't have him/her/hir/???

Unless, Oorstemothian Chaoretics (Chaos Heretics) worship a previously imprisoned god, in which case, it's possible. We do have a number of Chaontities (Chaos Entities) imprisoned.
Offline Guruushika  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 10:50:33 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

I had forgotten about inheritance laws and similar things. Those alone would annoy the Oorstemothians to no end when complicated by undeath.

As for the deities, how many Romes? Couldn’t the same be true about Oorstemoth?

If during a previous incarnation of Oorstemoth the chaos god disappeared, he’d probably still be part of canonical church history.
Offline Tizzy  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 8:19:51 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Undead inheritance would be tricky, except for vampire/dhampyres where it's pretty well defined.

How many Romes? You mean like the city, as we know there were many of those and Alexandrias, so multiple Oorstemoths?

OK, now that's a scary thought, just think of all the copyright, patent and trademark legal claims would arise from such a thing! Trying to prove the "original Oorstemoth" the legal battles could take thousands of years!

Now that would be a good way for one of their enemies to neutralize them, just surround their land with gates to other alternate Oorstemoths and let them tie themselves into knots!

Offline Guruushika  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2022 9:55:10 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Oorstemoth would probably settle for a Marvel/DC soluction and start numbering Oorstemoths. As long as the Oorstemoths weren't created simultaneously, going through numbers 1-x and assigning them as necessary shouldn't be an issue.

The only thing that would require reworking would be adding the enumeration to existing legal documents, as otherwise there might be complications with laws from Oorstemoth 1 vs. Oorstemoth 2 etc.

Honestly, that might be scarier, because legal scholars traveling between the two to become inspired for new laws and regulations would be scary. Not to mention cross-referencing between the two cities laws for case laws...

Unless they had some really conflicting laws, I don't think the fighting between lawyers would be that intense. Some red tape, but otherwise...