The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maou  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:39:21 AM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

So horny virgin teenagers who want to have a good time or have a demon that can then hide its demonic features and pose as their attractive boy/girlfriend to make other teenagers jealous. A very common occurrence when you mix power and hormones with any means to use that power to satisfy the hormones.
Offline Tizzy  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:04:55 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Yes.

Now, of course, I should add, thinking on it.

Tom is obviously not a virgin. In fact he must have started having sex at age 5 or so.

How else does one explain that he has a son that's not much more than 5 years younger than himself, a.k.a. Rupert?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:05:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Maou  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:12:02 AM(UTC)
Maou

Yes as an obviously new demon Tom seems to have managed to father a miniature version of himself roughly ten years of age. He was clearly working quite fast. He is likely related to Rupert somehow, but I don't know how. Their has to be a powerful connection however as demons don't normally look so much alike. They are balors and they can potentially rule over all lesser demons.

The whole fourth order half-demon will freak the others out and will once more cause others to grossly overestimate Tom's abilities. He will do something unusual, amazing, and unique to escape the situation and with his acting skill appear to have done it on genuine talent as opposed to the luck and improvisation that we all know he employs.
Offline Korwin  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:24:56 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Maou Go to Quoted Post
Why haven't the demons summoned a large number of demons themselves that are protected by the more powerful demons and free from wizards as some sort of contingency plan against wizards or as some kind of demonic hoard.
A faster way to get more demon (unbound souls seems to be pretty rare) would be by breeding them...
Yes as an obviously new demon Tom seems to have managed to father a miniature version of himself roughly ten years of age. He was clearly working quite fast. He is likely related to Rupert somehow, but I don't know how. Their has to be a powerful connection however as demons don't normally look so much alike. They are balors and they can potentially rule over all lesser demons.
Since we know Rupert can shapechange, I would guess he looks like Tom, because he (Rupert) thinks he should look like him.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:26:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Maou  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:31:50 PM(UTC)
Maou

Yes he does shape change his human form to look more similar, but I speak of the demonic form, which should be unique for all demons as no two look alike.

Also breeding doesn't often work well. Two demons breeding makes both of them weaker, especially the female, which is why they often abstain from doing so. Demons unlike humans have control over if they will conceive, thus they can have sex as often as they wish.

Most energy comes from the father, so most half demons are from male demons. The child will then in most instances normally at most be a 3 if the parent is powerful. The child can be in rare instances a normal human, but will more often be a human with demonic traits/ abilities, or a rank 1 or 2. Not a significant threat, so most don''t do this. If they could on a regular basis breed 4's they would, but most don't like to think of Rupert as a half as that terrifies most of them as the child is always weaker than the parent.
Offline Tizzy  
#46 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:31:08 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Here Here! I really like Korwin's approach to getting more demons!

I'm all in, now, someone just needs to convince Bess to give it a go with me!

It may not be as efficient, but I'm willing to put in the extra effort to get it right, if we have to have sex a million times over a few weeks, then, hell I guess I can do my part. Remember, I can do double duty! Dancing

Something I will point out. Some of it is directly in the book, some you have to read between the lines.

Rupert had never seen his demon form, until on the ship.

When his demon features started emerging, he locked himself down so as not to be revealed as a demon.

This is where the confusion in his age comes from. He's not as young as he looks. He just stopped aging when he locked his form in his pre-pudemic state.

He's really more like 12 years old, he was country folk, his mom didn't really keep things marked down, so even he doesn't know exactly when his birthdate was, just a rough year.

Offline Korwin  
#47 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:22:07 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yes he does shape change his human form to look more similar, but I speak of the demonic form, which should be unique for all demons as no two look alike.
They are also able to shapechange their demonic form (see Catwoman, eh Bes?).
A subconcious wish to look like Tom might do it. Especially since Demonic Children never look like their parents.
At least we heard that a few times in 'Into the Abyss'.

Quote:
Also breeding doesn't often work well. Two demons breeding makes both of them weaker, especially the female, which is why they often abstain from doing so. Demons unlike humans have control over if they will conceive, thus they can have sex as often as they wish.

Most energy comes from the father, so most half demons are from male demons. The child will then in most instances normally at most be a 3 if the parent is powerful. The child can be in rare instances a normal human, but will more often be a human with demonic traits/ abilities, or a rank 1 or 2. Not a significant threat, so most don''t do this. If they could on a regular basis breed 4's they would, but most don't like to think of Rupert as a half as that terrifies most of them as the child is always weaker than the parent.
Uhm, what? Did I miss that?
I only red, that the child is the average strength of father and mother. (F+M)/2
If your theory where correct than Antefalken would be an human powerwise at this time. At least I think I remember numerous children by him with human mothers...
Offline Maou  
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:10:00 PM(UTC)
Maou

When breeding with humans the mother provides most of the energy required, so the energy provided from by a male demon is minimal, but the power is normally around the average, but it is sometimes less and sometimes more. Also shape changing anything beyond their basic form is somewhat uncomfortable and they always desire to revert to their natural shape.

Also two demons may look similar and have similar abilities, but they are then normally related and the parent is often quite powerful.
Offline Tizzy  
#49 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:16:45 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

To clear up, any energy loss due to impregnation and pregnancy is temporary.

Just like in human women, the weight gain and other changes of pregnancy are "only temporary"

Liar

OK, Temporaray with a hell of a lot of work to get back in shape for most women, or a lot of time.

Babies don't have much animus, so yeah you do loose some of that, but your life experiences will bring you back to where you were eventually.
Offline The Author Guy  
#50 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:22:46 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Actually you know there is a very real strain of thought in ritualistic magic (here, on Earth) that sex and sexual activity drain one's powers and thus the most power wizards/witches etc should remain celibate.

This also similar to the line of thought that magic takes lots of energy and that a fat wizard is a powerful wizard and a skinny wizard is a dead wizard.

Meaning, a wizard should eat a lot of food, store up energy in the form of fat, and as they cast spells, they burn the fat for energy.

Thus you start a wizard battle at 300 lbs and end the battle having lost 200 lbs.

I'm pretty sure I've read books with this sort of theory, I just can't think of which ones.

Although, to be honest, Trisfelt insists to everyone that this is true for Thaumaturges, which is why he's so portly. However, I don't think too many people believe him.
Offline TheOtherGuy  
#51 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 12:50:09 AM(UTC)
TheOtherGuy

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I believe i saw the weight loss thing in The Halflife Chronicles by Wm. Mark Simmons. One practitioner went from 300+ down to slim and sexy after one lengthy battle. Its a fairly good series and i would recommend it. the only problem is book 4 was published 7 years ago and book 5 has been a work in progress for just as long.

Edited by user Friday, August 22, 2014 12:50:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

Offline Korwin  
#52 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 5:02:19 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Royal Sorcereres too (but there its more Psionic than Magic).
Offline The Author Guy  
#53 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 10:27:39 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Clearly losing weight like that really is Magic.

But I guess there are some limits to my ability to believe in fantasy.

I mean, can you imagine being able to:

1) Eat anything and everything you want and as much of it as you want.
2) Be able to lose the weight you build up within a matter of hours and be svelte
3) Be a very powerful wizard able to cast magic spells.

I mean, isn't that just too good to be true?

that would be like my ultimate fantasy...
Offline Maou  
#54 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 8:30:55 PM(UTC)
Maou

Are their demons in the abyss from planes other than Astlan?

Not demons that were born to astlan, but are demons created in any other place and then just dumped there.
Offline Tizzy  
#55 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 9:48:00 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, definitely.

Although I would say a majority of them are from Astlan like worlds, meaning the laws of magic are the same or similar. or at least this is true of the ones that are in the Courts and the vicinity. The Abyss is technically infinite, so who knows who or what is on the far side of the plane.

This also all ties out to the fact that those are the only worlds Astlanian's themselves can easily get to via the Astral plane. Worlds too far removed from them are too "skewed" if you will for them to enter with their magic.

that being said, The Abyss and people from the Abyss (meaning demons) are not so limited.

For quite a number of planes, the Abyss appears to function more like a normal plane. As far as we can tell. There is regular trade with the Denubian worlds for example. The Denubians have no exact belief system that corresponds to demonology. Actually, they don't really have much in what we would call belief systems, or at least they never talk about religion. The seem to be Atheists, but it's really hard to say. They are pretty closed mouthed across all their mouths on such issues.

For Earth, or rather, the Earths, the connection seems to be very very similar to Astlan, in that those on an Earth that know of the Abyss, consider it pretty much the same way the Astlanian's do. However, this is complicated by the fact that the Earths are relatively mana poor and getting back and forth between them is very difficult.

In practice, this is where the Incubae and Succubae become handy. If a demon lord can get enough children on an Earth like world, they can potentially open up portals to let their parent through.

For other worlds that have different rules of magic for example, we can and they can, get there, but a lot of them have belief systems such that rather than the abyss, their equivalent to demons live in an outer plane controlled by some dark god or similar.
Offline Maou  
#56 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:59:40 PM(UTC)
Maou

I know that the abyss and demons are often described as having a natural affinity to fire in most instances, but shouldn't their be some that are aligned to other elements. Humans would naturally have an affinity to different things, so does being a demon simply increase/add an affinity to fire alongside their natural affinities, or does it warp their natural affinities in their binding as their soul is warped.
Offline Tizzy  
#57 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 3:49:43 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm....

Interesting.

You are very much correct in that Astlanians (humans, elves, etc) all have very strong Elemental Affiliations based on their Astrological sign.
And in fact this actually plays a role in their ability to cast spells. For example someone born under the sign of Hydros has a natural talent for Sorcery and would, all other things being equal, be a better Sorcerer than one born under Infernos. Although, obviously training/experience can overcome this, but the influences do hold throughout life.

So therefore you'd expect other signs to matter as well.

The problem of course is that the demons are all from distant planes with different elemental signs and affiliations. And on many of those worlds, the elemental affiliations aren't as strong.

I'm not sure that anyone has every sought to measure this or understand this. If demons had scientists, it would be a great thing to measure and test. However, we don't have any.

Scientists who become demons seem to sort of go overboard in a world of magic and go with: "scientific principles be damned, I can do magic!"

A lot of the fire affinity is because fire represents energy, all the elements have energy, it's just much more loosely bound with fire. It's raw energy and you need that raw energy to open portals etc. Fire provides the gateway for summoning, and fire represents the rage that demons harbor.

So in that sense fire gets most associated with demons.

The second most associated element is Cold, and Ice. Cold of course is anti-fire, and Cold+Water=Ice. There are Ice Demons. A bunch of ice demons have been wreaking havoc in the northern part of this other plane I've visited. At the moment they are trapped north of a giant wall, but I hear they are coming south fast. Well, not that fast, apparently their author guy is even slower than my author guy....

And, I should add, there are rumors of parts of the Abyss that are icy cold in counter point to the hotness we are familiar with.

Note, for example, all the elements have positive and negative aspects, thus it would make sense for there to be a "Cold Abyss" and a "Hot Abyss"

However, I don't know much about that, just what you hear on the street.

Offline Maou  
#58 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 9:33:26 PM(UTC)
Maou

Will a more thorough analysis of the events which transpired within the course of history in Astlan after the completion of Tom's story?

Edited by user Monday, September 1, 2014 9:34:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#59 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2014 10:45:09 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I think you are missing some words.

Are you asking if history section will get filled out in more depth after Tom's story?

If so, yes, and during.

It grew a little bit today in fact. There are a few related additions to the timeline, and some related cartography information updated.

As we get closer to Book II, there will most likely be more history released/posted to give background for various characters and events.

Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 3:54:34 AM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

What about Demon Princes? How exactly are they created?Think