The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:05:05 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well, that's a very good question!

If I knew, I would be one. Unfortunately it's a tightly guarded secret.

Well, sort of, it's really more like if you can hold your own against the other princes, they pretty much call you a prince. It's power, pure power (or brains and a good facade).

Sammael and Lillith are probably the exceptions, if you believe the story that Antefalken tells about the jilted bride.

Now, I've heard other versions than the one he's told, but they're all similar and there are (were) only 4 people that know the truth.

In that story you had a a primordial quartet, a strand of sentient reality that split into four parts, 2 pairs of male and female.

Adam and Lillith
Sammael and Eve

And they lived contently on a really nice outer plane, nice garden lots of plants and they basically had lots of fun and joy and orgies.

The problem was there was this tree in the garden that was sort of the focal point, it kept the garden together; it wasn't really a tree, it just appeared as a tree, but was really the power source for the outer plane and a gateway to the rest of the multiverse.

Eve somehow got in her head to tinker with the tree and in doing so, she realized that an entire multiverse existed outside their outer plane.

In fact she discovered the Planes of Man, the material planes. The material planes were a lot more solid, they were in fact real. See, outer planes are rather immaterial and wishy washy, they reflect the thoughts and desires of the residents, or at least the most powerful residents, so they are rather dream like. (Or nightmarish as the case may be)

Eve shared all this information with the others, and Lillith and Sammael were not particularly moved. For one thing, there was no such thing as true immortality on the Planes of Man. You go there you live and you die. You are 'mortal' even the longest lived elves eventually die.

But what you could do is reincarnate, with some help, some power etc.

So long story short, Adam and Eve ditched the outer plane and went to the Planes of Man where they incarnated as mortals and had a crap load of babies. Now, because their bloodline was primordial/divine, their initial children and grandchildren etc lived for a very long time, much like elves. Some of them could also plane hop, and basically, or so the story goes, they populated the Planes of Man.

Now obviously there are some serious logistical questions here, and to be honest it's seems pretty naive. But that's their story and they're sticking to it.

Anyway, Adam and Eve eventually died, went out of the picture. They were mortal.

Lillith and Sammael were still around, but without the other two, they didn't have enough energy to maintain the outer plane, and they didn't want to go to the Planes of Man as previously discussed.

So they ended up in the Abyss and lived miserably and spitefully ever after.

The end.

Yeah, well, that's the myth. Again, I have no idea if this or similar versions are true, it's just the basic plot storyline that seems to have gone viral throughout several planes.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:06:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:01:05 AM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Darn my plan to become a Demon Prince and subjugate the Abyss has been foiled

Oh well on to the next scheme I suppose
Offline Tizzy  
#63 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:23:01 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, I sort of think that's exactly what Ramses and Exador are planning to do.

Bess, of course, is just using them to get the book for her buddies on the moon. And then kick Tiernon's butt.

So, should Exador and Ramses ever figure this out, they might need a new partner.

Maybe you should polish your resume and have it ready?

Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 3:11:22 AM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Already on it, Do you think they would count murder as a skill?

Whistle
Offline Korwin  
#65 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:50:23 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ba' Go to Quoted Post
What about Demon Princes? How exactly are they created?Think
If I got it right, they are not created.
But are Type 4 Demons, with enough experience (and magic) to get enough minions, to call themself Demon Princes.

Offline Tizzy  
#66 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:57:22 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, presumably they could start out as an Imp or Shadow and spend thousands of years "leveling up"

Of course, that has not been working out for me. But then for some reason, I don't have a lot of initiative. If I were to be honest, I think I just enjoy chillin with my pipe a bit too much.

If you can have a Greater Shadow maybe a Shadow Prince?

Very cool title at the least. Ooh, maybe the shadows are ruled by The Prince of Shadows?

Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#67 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:05:59 PM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Since a shadow is typically a low-level demon would a Shadow Prince be inferior to the other princes?

Also on other threads I heard people mention posting Jenn's diary or something like that, where exactly would that be?

Edited by user Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:07:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#68 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2015 2:52:12 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Probably not.

Shadows are the same power level/range as imps. But they are bodiless dark regions. (which is odd because in the Abyss, there is no Fierd and thus no shadows? Except in the Court and in caves of course.) On the Planes of Men, shadows can move freely at night, but there is no night in the Abyss. That would sort of suck. You'd need to get to a cave and you'd be stuck there. Although that Morthador fellow seems to show up at Exador's tower in broad daylight somehow.

Really should start paying more attention to those things.

I would assume if something is a Greater Shadow, it would have roughly the same strength as a Greater Demon (again there are lots of variations among all demon levels) but if presumably an 'average' shadow would be able to deadlock or have a 50/50 chance of beating an 'average' greater demon.

So presumably a Shadow Prince would be somewhere on the same range as the other princes.

But again, once you get up into that stratosphere, it's not all about "power" it's also about "clever/intelligent/resourceful" use of power.
The ability to out maneuver your opponent.

I have not seen Jenn's diary online, or offline. She doesn't have interdimensional access so not sure how she would have posted it. Plus being private not sure she would want to post it.

However, maybe what you read was about an alternate version of the first summoning written from Jenn's perspective. T-A-G was going to put that online, not sure if he did. It would be in the Library, either in the wizardry section near Conjurors, or maybe, but doubtful demon section.

Taking a quick look, not seeing it there, he may not have posted it...I'll bug him.

Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#69 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 3:26:45 AM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Speaking of Books, what about that book Lenamare and Jehenna are going coo-coo for coco puff for?
My theory is that its a cook book.
Offline Tizzy  
#70 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 4:00:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

What they want a book? Wasn't aware of that.

There is an entire library in that giant wizard fortress in Freehold. Saw it myself.

It was really a creepy place what with all those wizards all in one spot. The only redeeming thing was that they had pretty much wall papered it with demons, you know, to give that cozy 'lived-in' feeling.

Of course, speaking of books, I probably better go looking for my diary. I left it someplace, now I just gotta remember where. Haven't seen it in centuries...

Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#71 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 11:57:10 PM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Oh Freehold sounds dreadful..... my kind of city
Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#72 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 11:58:43 PM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Also did you lock this diary of yours by any chance?
Offline Tizzy  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:45:37 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

d'oh!

Knew I forgot something.

However, as Argh-nargoloth mentioned, it's very hard to open!

I like my thoughts private, which is why I am so close-mouthed and non-communicative.

A lot of people have trouble telling what I'm thinking because I am so tight lipped! At least that's what I've self-diagnosed as the reason for my difficulties in communicating with people.

Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:26:51 PM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Off topic question here but I do not know how big Astlanian Dragons are so how big are they compared to a dragon like Smaug?

Tom is 12 ft tall and he killed that Dragon so maybe a better comparison would be how big is a Dragon relative to Tom?

Edited by user Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:29:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#75 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2015 4:35:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, I'm not an expert on Astlanian dragons, because I don't get to see that many, I know the Demon Dragons which I suppose are D'Dragons...

I sort of think that the Abyss dragons are the demon form of dragons summoned from other worlds like humans/elves/etc that become demons. But not sure.

I have seen quite a variety of size in demon dragons from almost human sized to really really huge, bigger than Smaug, btw, he was a great fellow, little paranoid, admittedly, but nice guy as dragons go...

I can speak to the ice dragons that I fought, those had about a 25-30 wing span (hard to tell cause they were flapping) So they would have a slightly large wingspan and body than Tom. Probably about the same size as the one he fought, although I never saw his myself.

Of course, not sure those things are really dragons cause, they were meltable/made out of ice. I am reasonably certain that the dragons those orcs ride in their raiding parties are organic, living creatures.

Actually, if you look at that picture on this website. You can get a pretty good idea of the organic type in Astlan.

The orcgre is about 10 feet tall, his slave is about the same height as Rupert, maybe a bit taller. The other orcs range in height from about 5'7 to 8' tall.