The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Iume  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:58:34 AM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Will we ever have a Klendathu drop-type moment in the fight of FOE vs. FOG? Glorious D'Orcs dropping from the skies to smash into and secure a battlefront against overwhelming numbers of FOG. Just imagine the fight.

Also, why does FOE always seem to have more forces than FOG? Is it just FOG propaganda that they fought against overwhelming numbers rather than being sneaks who refuse to engage in true combat? Not talking
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:22:27 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm kind of afraid it'll be the opposite, where there's troops literally dropping into the Abyss on top of Mount Doom. Tiernon isn't happy with what Tom did, and with the avatars and Lilith collaborating, I think it'll happen sooner rather than later.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 5:20:37 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Do not underestimate the PR capabilities of the FOG. They are very persuasive. Generally speaking most battles are pretty even. It really depends on the plane and the time. Extra-dimensional logistics and supplies chains are very tricky; you can always get the resources and reinforcements where you need them.

FOG gets support and safe passage through many territories enroute to battlefields, FOE on the other hand as been smeared as murderers, thugs and rapists so when we have to cross people's borders to get to the enemy, suddenly you have these loud mouths from the FOG shouting that they want to build these YUGE border walls.

However, to be fair, the fact that our military divisions (infantry, cavalry, etc) happen to be: Murders, Rapists, Thugs, Thieves, Slayers, Bone Crushers, Reapers, Ravishers, Pillagers, etc; well, it doesn't really help with the PR.

Bad naming conventions are always a problem. We should probably work around to that.

So back to the question.

I think we will be seeing some FOE vs FOE battle it out in the Abyss, sort of like a primary to determine the final candidate to be FOE. Of course there will be that FOG ship from Oorstemoth taking the battle to the FOE's home field. And then there will be some FOE vs FOL (Forces of Lenamare--I refuse to call him Good) in Freehold.

I think over the longer haul we are going to see lots of crazy confusing alliances and battles.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 12:24:27 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post

I think we will be seeing some FOE vs FOE battle it out in the Abyss, sort of like a primary to determine the final candidate to be FOE. Of course there will be that FOG ship from Oorstemoth taking the battle to the FOE's home field. And then there will be some FOE vs FOL (Forces of Lenamare--I refuse to call him Good) in Freehold.

I think over the longer haul we are going to see lots of crazy confusing alliances and battles.

FOL, or FOOL (FOrces Of Lenamare)?

Ooo, maybe Hilda, Bess, and Thor (or his analog in Astlan) will join with the FOD (Forces Of Doom), against The Inferno, the Queen of Hearts, and Cthulu in an all-out cage match for the Championship title as Masters of Grayskull.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 4:32:46 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Like the FOOL!

Unfortunately, unless Thor can figure out how to get across the broken Asbrú (Bifröst Bridge) he won't be showing up. Remember that was broken during Ragnarök. Fortunately Völundr was on our side when Loki took it out.

Grayskull and Eternia ugh, last time I was there it had totally devolved into a large gym for lunkheads. All a bunch of steroidal monsters with the vocabulary of 8 year olds. Even the women took steroids, I got bench pressed repeatedly by She-Ra several times, and not in a good way.

Now one danger you want to avoid is playing with the Queen of Hearts, knowing it ain't really smart, the joker ain't the only FOOL who'll do anything for you!

Personally, I prefer sitting around having tea and reasoned debate with this very genial and mild mannered Haberdasher I met skulking around the Queen's palace. He's got this lovely pet cat that is clearly on drugs as it seems to fade in and out while smoking a hookah. Pretty sure that's not tobacco or herbs in the hookah. That damn rabbit is the one that needs a cookie though...

Cthulhu, he's OK to chill with, but that unspeakable friend of his--not a great conversationalist. Very hard to address him when you can't say his name. You walk up to him and go "Heya--<glargh>--old buddy, how's it going?" and your tongue literally welds itself to the roof of your mouth.

Edited by user Monday, January 11, 2016 4:33:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified