The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
14 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Korwin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:41:35 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Just so I know when I need to start checking the Forum regulary.
(Almost missed the last one)

Edited by user Thursday, August 25, 2016 4:42:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: TAG said

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:47:42 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Easy-peasy! You just do like I do and ALWAYS check the forums regularly. Dancing

Once the humans get the internet implants where they don't make you go all explody, I'm definitely going to be living here.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:57:08 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
T-A-G seems to be going in short massive bursts, so date is random; however, v3 is moving fairly quickly; however, I think you won't see anything before late April. That would be the earliest. It may be later than that.
Offline Korwin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:34:08 PM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I updated the thread title with an late April ETA.
Offline Lhans  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 2:47:53 PM(UTC)
Lhans

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Starts camping out for sign up for beta reader list.
Offline Flakes  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:12:04 AM(UTC)
Flakes

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Me too, me too!
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:57:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
So this can be the un-official sign up list!

Offline Sleepy Ghost  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:15:25 PM(UTC)
Sleepy Ghost

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Unverified Users

Sign me up. I'm disappointed I missed the last one
Offline The Author Guy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:21:55 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
You don't need to be too disappointed.

Beta Demonhood is not for everyone. As I explained at the last one, and will again, Beta Demons are creatures that travel alternate timelines.

For example in various places, but in particular book 3. I talk about how it's easy to plane travel to different worlds, but swapping timelines, getting to alternate Astlan for example is very difficult. It's a minimal frequency shift sort of thing. Plane traveling spells don't work, however some time spells can force you to swap to other timelines.

Beta Demons live and breathe in alternate timeline space. They see and experience things that might have been, might never be.

I.e. they are privy to other versions of reality where things might turn out differently, some things never happened, people make different choices.

And this can be very disconcerting for some readers.

For example, Beta Demons from the Heavenly Host know what is happening with Captain Asmeth and the people who stole the book; no one else does. Yet.

They also saw a timeline where the Knights of Chaos did not attack at the same time as Lilith's troops. Where Jenn and Gastrope' snuggled on a roller coaster ride through the mountain. Something they don't even remember now.

So, for story purists, who don't like seeing how sausage is made, Beta Demonization can "spoil things"

On the other hand, Beta Demons are also like gods in that they can shape the destiny of characters and the story.

My point being is, it can be fun, but it's also sort of like seeing actors acting on a green screen set instead of the Death Star. Or seeing a different cut of a movie. (which is literally what it is)

Offline Sleepy Ghost  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:25:36 PM(UTC)
Sleepy Ghost

That sounds... so rad.
Offline Netter  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:20:45 PM(UTC)
Netter

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There are down sides, like TAG said...

Now we Beta Demon's live with the knowledge that we will never again have '5 Fruit Pie', as 3 of the 5 ingredients no longer exist.

The pie wasn't a lie, it was one of the best confections in existence, but sadly it is no more than a Tizzy-cookie dream now...

Offline Sleepy Ghost  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:30:35 PM(UTC)
Sleepy Ghost

Well, those are some pretty great points. Seeing as how I'm so in love with this series I really can't tell if it would be worth it. And speaking of Tizzy's cookies... are we going to get some insight on how exactly he got the "special ingredient"? Like maybe where he got it from? Sorry if that's off track.
Offline The Author Guy  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:44:24 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yes, I have that in my sights.

Not book 3, it's more of a side-story, but I've got that covered.
thanks 2 users thanked The Author Guy for this useful post.
Sleepy Ghost on 3/23/2016(UTC), JMX on 3/29/2016(UTC)
Offline KnightofAbyss  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:26:00 AM(UTC)
KnightofAbyss

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Side story? When will this said side story be released? Also Tizzy will you lend me your cookie recipe. With your special ingredient included.

Offline Winter  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:35:39 AM(UTC)
Winter

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
that truly sounds awesome, alternate timelines just mean more story 'What if's'
Offline Winter  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:43:59 AM(UTC)
Winter

that truly sounds awesome, alternate timelines just mean more story 'What if's'
Offline The Author Guy  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:29:14 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

There are actually quite a few side stories.

I have another series I am working on called "The Chronicles of Astlan" that are shorter novels that cover the side stories that tie in to the main book, but require so much detail that it would be distracting in DoA.

The first CoA book, "Into the Wilds" will be coming out shortly after Book 3. I am working on it now as well as book 3, and hope to do a lot more writing on it during the beta and editing of book 3. I would expect it about 3 months after book 3 if all goes well.

Additional books in CoA may or may not continue previous books in CoA. I.e. they may be completely different side stories.

Tizzy's garden is contained in one of these side stories of CoA.

As an FYI, I have thoughts/plans for other related series, but those are not yet at a writing stage.

Seas of Astlan would basically be the Asmeth story along with the rogues that stole the book for Lenamare.

The Oak Orcs of the Antilles covers Trig Bioblast and crew as they seek to rid their universe of the influence of the Alvaran Empire and other nasty deep space baddies.
Offline Winter  
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:09:17 AM(UTC)
Winter

at some point i would really like to hear about tizzy's adventures in the grove, he mentions he's been there before i really want to know why
Offline EyeDeKay  
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 3:31:40 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You could release the first chapter as an excerpt for non-betas. Also I'm camping the forum for betas.
Offline The Author Guy  
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 7:28:54 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Yes, the Grove adventures would be amusing...I am pretty sure they must have happened a long time ago. I will have to ask him to detail them to me so I can write them down.

The problem with releasing the first chapter is that it may not be the first chapter after the beta.....although I suspect it will be.

I might consider it, though I am not entirely sure how satisfying it will be on its own. Chapter 116 is rather short; there are two parts, the first is new and it is an alternate PoV of someone who is/was watching the battle; and the second part is a reworked version of a scene that was deleted from Book 1; the story of what becomes of Lilith's army.