The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
14 Pages«<11121314>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#241 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 4:53:26 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well, if, as I suspect the scene was from the Inferno, it's in the abyss, so your dinner will just keep regenerating.

You may get a bit bloated from the infinite buffet.

Hmm, wonder if you would outgrow the room, eat others, who would regenerate continuously.

I suppose in an infinite amount of time you could take over the entire abyss.

Fortunately, knowing what is going on, I will have time to gather my gardening tools and get the hell out of Dodge...

Offline George  
#242 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 5:04:32 PM(UTC)
George

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Freshly formed Beta Demon here, Tizzy where is my welcome party???
Offline Tizzy  
#243 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 5:33:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

The balloons drop after reading the alpha

Lazy T-A-G hasn't got the final chapters done yet.

He promised last night!

I gotta find out if I die!

Well, ok, since I really can't die, I want to find out who else dies!
Offline Iume  
#244 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 8:51:57 PM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Ah delays. Hopefully tonight or this weekend, but I'd bet on weekend.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#245 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 9:30:33 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ok, well, I'm back. That was kind of interesting. I didn't stay long. No PlanarWebs there, so I had to come back to report.

So I ended up outside this metal door in a hallway. No one was in the hallway, so I used a pseudo-pod to open the door, and ooze in. The door was in the center of the wall of the room. The whole room was made of some kind of metal. The floor and door tasted kind of like steel, but I'm not too sure. There was some kind of faded-looking rug on the floor just as I slid in, but unfortunately I ate a little of it, so it looks even rattier than it did before. <jiggle> Also, there was some kind of thingy on the ceiling producing light.

I closed the door, and started spreading out. Floor area-wise, it was about 12' long by 10' wide, so about 120 square feet of floor space. A little narrow for a room, but would be roomy for a dungeon. There were two low benches...or what do humans call them? Beads? That thing they sleep in? So there were two beads parallel to the left and right walls with the the ends against the far wall.

Like I said, the room would have been nicely large for a dungeon, but the ceiling was slanted from the far end of the room about 2' feet from the floor, up to the ceiling, about the center of the room. That cut the volume of the room by about a third. Volume-wise, the room was only about 715 cubic feet. I don't know about that slanted ceiling. Maybe it was next to the outside wall or something. The slanted part was really hot, so whatever was on the other side I didn't want to see.

I kind of ate the beads a little as well, but I wasn't on them too long, so not too bad. Wait, aren't beads something humans wear? Whatever, I'll look it up later.

Funny thing is, someone popped in as I was firming back up. Was mumbling something about someone needing the room for someone? I don't know, I didn't pay much attention. I grappled him, and started in on my snack. The jerk didn't even say "Hi", just started screaming. Why do they do that? Anyway, I heard some boots coming down the hallway (metal is much noisier that stone), so I activated my return charm to report what I found. The guy I ate was really annoying, too. Kept asking me about a permit for hunting in a restricted area? And something about attacking and eating a citizen? Was that one of those Oorstemothians you and TAG keep telling us about? No wonder you want to eat them all. How annoying!

Edited by user Friday, September 9, 2016 9:32:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed a typo. And hey, beads are something humans wear, and BEDS are what they sleep in!

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
thanks 1 user thanked Dungeon Roomba for this useful post.
The Author Guy on 9/11/2016(UTC)
Offline Tizzy  
#246 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 10:05:23 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Sounds like you ate an Oorstemothian.

Nasty taste, but far better than a Knight Rampant. I refer to Talarius as the Tuna Can. I've found their armor to be sort of like a space suit and thus you might have had difficulty getting the food out of the can in order to eat it.

Thanks for the great description!

I wonder if anyone will notice the missing crew member?

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#247 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2016 11:10:10 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
No problem, Tizzy! It was fun.

Hmm, as rules-bound as these Oorstemothians are, they'll probably notice, but I don't care. The taste wasn't too bad, either. I've had worse. Lawyers taste very bitter.

Hey, maybe I can go back and get a couple more! I'm sure there are more people there than they need. I've been meaning to do some pickling.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Oryn_starheart  
#248 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 4:10:20 AM(UTC)
Oryn_starheart

* Yawns and crawls from my cave* so were invoking beta demons? This is a reminder to Tizzy, morning btw
Offline Tizzy  
#249 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 3:07:12 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Drink up!

Drink the potion while its boiling!

Offline Oryn_starheart  
#250 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:42:37 AM(UTC)
Oryn_starheart

drank the potion where do I need to haul my scaled form to to consume Tag's pre writings?
Offline Iume  
#251 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:17:59 AM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Oryn_starheart Go to Quoted Post
drank the potion where do I need to haul my scaled form to to consume Tag's pre writings?

http://www.astlan.net/Th...stlesofDoomBetaBook.aspx
Cronus01  
#252 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:10:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hello Betas, hello TAG,

how does it going ? Is the publication date in December still feasible, or is January more likely?Anxious
Come out of your caves and give the rest of us an update!!Eh?
Offline The Author Guy  
#253 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:39:32 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Well, it's going to be close, and it's going to depend on the editor's schedule and the holidays. She won't be getting the book Nov 1, not sure how long after that and what her schedule is like.

When I had her do the revision for book 1, that was Jan 1 and she wasn't busy and it took her 4 weeks. For Book 2, that was August and she was busy and that took 6 weeks.

She is not busy now, and she says this is her slow season, so that means 4 weeks....but there are holidays. So I don't know at the moment

I would really like to have it out then, but the holidays are a big "if"
Cronus01  
#254 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:16:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

That's OK. Just wanted to have an update.Angel
Offline The Author Guy  
#255 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:47:44 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

So got a note from the editor this morning.

Her schedule in December is going to get tight, but if I get it to her in November she can get it done in 3 to 4 weeks.

So...going to go into overdrive to get her a version in November and maybe send her updates later in the month as we change things.

So we should be good for Jan 1.
Offline Ben  
#256 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:28:33 PM(UTC)
Ben

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Oh great Tizzy I need you infinite wisdom. Why don't I have an avatar picture? I uploaded one but doesn't seem to be working!?!?!?!
Offline Tizzy  
#257 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:16:37 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

So that's with the profile update broken emails I emailed you about.

When we moved the server where it is, behind a real firewall, we started getting DNS rebinding issues with the avatars because of how the system stores them.

It's been a pain in the butt that I can't seem to fix.

So, what you need to do is delete your avatar first in the "main site" user profile and then in your forum profile. Make sure both are blank.

If you have trouble, I can do that.

Then you go to gravatar.com (Globally Recognizable Avatar) and create a free account, add the email address that you use here (the one that had deliver issues a bit ago) and then upload the avatar you want and associate it with the email address.

BTW if you don't know about the email bouncing it's probably because my personal email to you forwarding one of the bounce messages probably bounced, you may want to check to make sure your email address is correct/current in your account here.

Tizzy
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#258 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 6:54:08 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yeah could i request an Avatar Purge? can't seem to find where to change/remove my forum avatar, but i think i got the main page avatar working.
Offline Ben  
#259 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 7:34:08 PM(UTC)
Ben

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
So that's with the profile update broken emails I emailed you about.

When we moved the server where it is, behind a real firewall, we started getting DNS rebinding issues with the avatars because of how the system stores them.

It's been a pain in the butt that I can't seem to fix.

So, what you need to do is delete your avatar first in the "main site" user profile and then in your forum profile. Make sure both are blank.

If you have trouble, I can do that.

Then you go to gravatar.com (Globally Recognizable Avatar) and create a free account, add the email address that you use here (the one that had deliver issues a bit ago) and then upload the avatar you want and associate it with the email address.

BTW if you don't know about the email bouncing it's probably because my personal email to you forwarding one of the bounce messages probably bounced, you may want to check to make sure your email address is correct/current in your account here.

Tizzy

Thanks Tizzy

I've done the Gravatar.com but and uploaded pic and linked it to my email address. What do I do next to make it appear in here?
Offline The Author Guy  
#260 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2016 7:43:50 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Originally Posted by: Dirk Flamberge Go to Quoted Post
Yeah could i request an Avatar Purge? can't seem to find where to change/remove my forum avatar, but i think i got the main page avatar working.

Sorry, missed this! Will purge you!