The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 10:30:55 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well, you can't expect them to do it for FREE, can you? I'm sure MOST of the damned would make it down.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 1:19:38 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm

It is a pretty steep slope, you'd probably have to alternate between sliming and psuedo-pod grabbing/dissolving to keep them slipping, but not slipping too fast to digest.

Might make a good gameshow, I could arrange for Pay Per View in the bars in the Courts of Chaos...
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:02:47 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

So I have a question. The Concordenax is said to be the Demon Father, and some demons say it's name as a curse like a deity. So would the Concordenax get mana like a deity? Even now, after he's been "gone" for a couple thousand years, Boggy (who supposedly never met him, yeah right) uses the name occasionally. Would that casual reference to something as close to a god as demons get send a little mana toward him?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:36:50 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, Boggy isn't that old. He never met Orcus, that was way before his time.

I suppose some people think of the Concordenax that way, don't know why, does not make any sense at all. None. But I hear them. I think they must be insane. Not sure why one would worship a Concordenax.

But then you see people worshiping toast with random patterns that look like a face. So who knows.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 6:23:08 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Well, Boggy isn't that old. He never met Orcus, that was way before his time.

That's kind of my point. If demons who've never met or seen the Concordenax are calling his name, they don't know him, they just BELIEVE in him somewhat, right? So does that small belief leech a little mana to him? Even in small quantities, I bet it would be a respectable amount in aggregate.

Also, a father of human children (so I understand), don't actually give birth to them, they are just instrumental in their creation, and they're there to welcome them to the world.

...like a Welcoming Committee?

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:59:25 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

You sort of assume the Concordenax is a him as do many others. Looked more like an it to me. But what do I know?

Who is the father of human children? Not following. Eh?
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:22:06 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

You sort of assume the Concordenax is a him as do many others. Looked more like an it to me. But what do I know?

True. I suspect it's a him, but you're right, I don't know. ;)

Who is the father of human children? Not following. Eh?

Sorry, sometimes what goes through my slime doesn't come out properly into English. I simply meant a human father doesn't birth the child. Just welcomes it to the world.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:47:43 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

A mother bears, a father sires.

Actually something that has been coming up quite a bit lately. Probably all this incubus stuff and those crazy Nyjyr Ennead and their plans for repopulating their people down on Astlan.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:56:30 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

So you don't think the Concordenax fills some deity-like duties for the demons, in the absence of an actual deity?

If so, would some small amount of mana trickle over to him from all the younger demons who've never SEEN him, but still BELIEVE in him? (Yes, I know we don't know if it's a him, but I refuse to type him/her/it--that's dumb imo.)
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#30 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:03:06 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I'm going to continue using "it" because I can't determine gender under its leathery hide. In fact, while I don't want to try poking at its privates, I'm not 100% sure where they would be located.

Well, I don't know what people might get out of belief, but what I can say is that the Concordenax does not depend on you believing in it. It just is. Of course, gods sort of exist without belief, but they aren't super-powered without belief.

And, OK, technically, yes, the Concordenax is tied to all demons, and in a round about way is involved in their creation; but then so are wizards and the demons themselves.

But regardless, the creative function is feminine in most mythologies, so if something is birthing demons, should it not be female? Of course, I've never seen any baby demons popping out of its privates---again, if I knew where to look for them.

Of course, I admit that people and demons do refer to the Concordenax as a "he" I just sort of thought this was patrimonial confusion. But maybe they know more than I do.