The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
8 Pages«<45678>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bludflag  
#101 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 12:02:55 PM(UTC)
Bludflag

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Jonnyboi Go to Quoted Post

What can I say Tizzy, guess that nowadays teenage girls are turned on by dangerous decaying and dead people.
I mean not everyone can say they have sex with dead people.

Read a manga with the MC being an incestuous necrophiliac. His sister was a ghoul which he revived, pretty similar to Twilight, but Japanese version. They both sucked as all hell( even though I read the last book of Twilight a few times, I regret it). To see how much they suck you have to see it for yourself, words cannot warn you about the incoming horror( while he did not have sex with his sister, it was pretty close). And there goes a few hours of my life, better spent lazing around rather than reading books like those, your book is so much better IMO. ETA for beta demonism? I haven`t really been active on the forums in the last week or two, so I can`t really say I saw any announcement(s) regarding it Angel
The Overlord
Offline Tizzy  
#102 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 4:08:32 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm, sounds pretty standard for Japanese manga....

Personally, I find their tastes a bit vanilla for my liking, but to each his own. Not everyone can be as sick and depraved as me. It is an art form.

T-A-G is getting there, he's just been tied up the last two weeks with day work, otherwise he'd probably be done and doing a first pass edit.

The hope is that Beta will start this month. That will be a few weeks, then off to editor for several weeks then publish. So target date for publication is end of June at this point, and that's looking relatively good, unless the Beta Demons all vomit on the book and force a rewrite.

Offline Madfox11  
#103 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:01:59 PM(UTC)
Madfox11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In regards to the tridents, it wouldn't surprise me that it has something to do with capturing and transporting souls. Isn't it a fisherman's weapon? I certainly remember seeing sketches of devils throwing bound souls on wagons and the like with the pitchforks.

Mind you, for all I know, the first one to depict demons with tridents was thinking of Poseidon...
Offline Tizzy  
#104 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:22:49 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I am actually pretty sure that was the idea of the pitchforks, to pick up/toss/transport the souls in hell.

I seem to recall that as part of the original idea.

Of course, it also makes sense, souls need to be guarded against escape, and if you are a religious peasant/surf, the closest thing you have to a weapon is a pitchfork, so that's what you use on all those Point One Percenters from the Castle that screwed you over in life and are now damned.

Offline Rosver  
#105 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 11:51:29 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Tridents are used for cathcing fish.

From what I can remember, Satan is depicted to use it, or maybe it was pitchforks. But I don't see any depiction of demons using tridents, or pitchforks. It doesn't seem related to them.
Offline Tizzy  
#106 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:01:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Interesting point.

Coming back to Poseidon as well.

Googling images, most are modern representations of the "devil with a pitchfork" but most of the time they are 3 prong and do look more like tridents. Probably were tridents originally.

I am sure over time there was confusion and misinterpretation.

I would note that in Christianity at least, Jesus is a Fisher of Men. Clearly, a fisherman might use a trident to spear fish, or in this case people/souls.

Thus his adversary a.k.a. "Satan" (which is a title or description. NOT A NAME--it literally means 'adversary' so when thousands of people in the middle east call the US, the Great Satan, they mean the Great Adversary--they aren't necessarily saying the US is the devil...although of course, some may mean that given they know what people in the US think it means) would like use a trident to "fish men's souls" be they could be saved.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:02:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rosver  
#107 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:32:34 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Tizzy. It is common for names to have meaning especially in literature.Example:

Lucifer (Bible) = Lightbearer
Draco (Harry Potter Series) = Serpent
Ebenezer (A Christmas Carol) = Stone of Help

My most favorite was in the children story Charlie and the Chocolate factory whose names are rather descriptive:

Veruca - Wart, a rather unpleasant meaning, don't name your girls Veruca.
Teevee - TV
Gloop - you know what it means, paired with Agustus (= great), you have "great" gloop
Beauregarde - Regarded Highly; also Violet: "Violet! You're turning violet!"

Names in fiction can be very revealing. Well, some research:

Tizzy - an excited state of agitation; a nervous, excited, or distracted state... defines you very well
Thomas means Twin
Edward means Wealthy Guardian

Edited by user Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:45:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Madfox11  
#108 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:04:27 AM(UTC)
Madfox11

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Of course, you should be careful not to look for too much meaning behind names either. My RL name has a meaning, but I am named after my grandfather not because of whatever it used to mean in Latin ;) Sometimes the author simply likes the sound of the name and is not paying all that much attention to the meaning.
Offline Rosver  
#109 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:59:59 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Well, authors tend choose the name of their characters carefully. Some even are so deliberate it is obvious:

Superman
Snow White
Cruela De Vil

This is especially prevalent in Roman and Greek literatures. All their names pertain to something about the characters.

Also, in early times, people choose names carefuly. They tend to choose names for auspicious connotations. The meaning of names can be very optimistic:

Jack: God is Gracious
Sophia: Wise
William: Protection
Elizabeth: Oath of God

After all, no parents would like to name their children with something awful like Veruca, or Putrid, or Compost. Though in literature authors name villians and awful people awful names.
Offline Tizzy  
#110 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:09:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well you are forgetting the Hogg family from Texas.

The Hogg family were a very wealthy family in Texas, they named their daughter Ima.

Ima Hogg....see Wikipedia

Of course everyone joked that her sister was Ura, as in Ura Hogg, but that is made up.

Will return shortly with more commentary. I gotta get to my local Abyssbucks before all the frapped democinos melt....(it's hot here)

Offline Tizzy  
#111 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:54:05 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

OK

Back...you know the one thing I'd forgotten about this place I am now, and it's been 4,000+ years since I'd been here, is that all the dang steam plays a real number on my hair! It makes me look like some sort of deranged nut job! However, the soot seems to do wonders for my complexion!

Hmm, those names for Thomas and Edward seem particularly appropriate...but you can't know completely why yet. Although the Thomas one should be pretty obvious if you've met Rupert.

Names are very important, particularly true names as they reveal your true nature!

As does your birthdate from both an Astrological and Numerological point of view!
Offline Korwin  
#112 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 8:16:20 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Very quiet here at the moment.
Is there some new info about the ETA of book 2?
Offline The Author Guy  
#113 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:29:17 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Ah...of course.

Got so wrapped up in beta discussions here I forget that it looks dead to those who don't have betademon vision.

So I posted update to Goodreads/Amazon but not here. DOH!

Beta 2 comments/suggests are slowing down to a crawl at the moment. So unless I hear of more big change requests/suggestions I am going to send it to the editor at the end of the week. SPEAK UP NOW AND SOON BETA DEMONS!!!

She needs 4+ weeks; not sure exactly how many as it varies on how busy she is.

Give me a 1 to 1.5 weeks after I get it back to accept or reject edits. Clean it up and get it formatted for kindle and deadtree and get it through the approval process (rather slow for Dead Tree---they have to ship me a galley copy that I approve) and it live.

So it's going to be early September at this point.

T-A-G
Offline Korwin  
#114 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 9:08:32 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
I'm hoping to figure out how to make the 2nd edition a free upgrade...not yet sure how that works
Hmm, you could include the 2nd Edition in book 2...

Offline The Author Guy  
#115 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 5:55:54 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

The 2nd edition of the first book...some of these posts in this thread are a bit old...

No "current" plans for a second edition of the 2nd book. Particularly because I have the technical editor working on the first edition this time rather than after publication.

So...first edition, second volume is now at the editor. She is booking 8 weeks, last time she came in early, we shall see. Fortunately, she works mostly sequentially so if beta demons have updates towards the end, we should be safe. Probably should have had this discussion sooner and got her working sooner....Nargh.

Offline whomightub3  
#116 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 7:48:25 PM(UTC)
whomightub3

sooo... I noticed no one's posted anything to these forums in almost 3 weeks. Any news? Working on book 3 or a new series? Didn't you say something about spitting book 2 into book 2 and 3? What ever happened to the other half? Does the super-devil ride a Harley? Do wingless demon's use jet packs, or hover boards? Of all the magics devices ever devised, you would think heat-death laser eye-wear would be closer to the top of the list. I mean, who doesn't want that?
Offline The Author Guy  
#117 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 1:28:37 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Hi,

There are people posting in the Beta demon forums but even that has slowed down as of beta 4.

The book is at the technical editor; and I'm about to send the latest/extended ending to her this week (Monday). She hopes to be finished in the second half of September and then I need another 1.5 to 2 weeks to get it out there.

A lot of the beta 3/beta 4 editions were centered around the break point of books 2 and 3.

We've now shoved some of what was coming in book 3 into book 2 making it a bit longer than book 1. (There are also some other things throughout book 2 that are now going to book 3)

So in short, the book is basically complete, just waiting on editing and working on final polishes etc.

I expect to have it out by the end of September.

In the meantime, I am starting work on book 3.

On the tech issues; yes, there is some serious tech weaponry used in book 2.

T-A-G
thanks 1 user thanked The Author Guy for this useful post.
YoshiA on 8/25/2015(UTC)
Offline YoshiA  
#118 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:14:24 AM(UTC)
YoshiA

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

So I finished book one a few hours ago, kick ass T-A-G! Also, thanks for the forums on appendixes on the website, gives me more DoA to read while I wait for book 2!
Offline The Author Guy  
#119 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:04:24 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Super!

Offline The Author Guy  
#120 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2015 4:05:58 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Editor is saying I should have book by end of this week (today/tomorrow/Sunday).

Thus, assuming the Beta Demons vote on a title for Book 3, I am going to try to have at least the Kindle version out by October 1, 2015. If possible the Dead Tree at the same time.
thanks 1 user thanked The Author Guy for this useful post.
YoshiA on 9/20/2015(UTC)