The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
6 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#41 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:18:06 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm,

Yes, in this scenario, it would be Ruiden having the crisis of conscious and be forced to reevaluate his positions.

Or maybe, he doesn't really strike me as that introspective, more of a black and white sort of thinker. To kill, or not to kill, that is the question.

He does seem to be getting into his new autonomous glaive mode, a spinning wheel of super sharp death.

At some point, Talarius may start getting frustrated, what's the use in having a sword that refuses to stay in your hand and is always flying off to slaughter armies without you?

Offline Attolis  
#42 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:23:52 PM(UTC)
Attolis

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

What if his body gets so dead they don't have time to demonize him so they put his soul into the sword? Split personality master swordsman(maybe) sword golem.
Offline Tizzy  
#43 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:32:30 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, he won't fit inside Ruiden, since Ruiden's already in there.

But they could put him in another sword body. Then they could be swords in arms or ??? Swordmates?

Hmm, never really thought to much about the romantic life of swords. Not that I'm not familiar with sword on sword action, of course, that's extremely common, although that's usually a four-way, two sword wielders and two swords, or more. However, just two swords going at it without any wielders? That could take a while, particularly if both are equally indestructible.
Offline Attolis  
#44 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:32:34 PM(UTC)
Attolis

What if his body gets so dead they don't have time to demonize him so they put his soul into the sword? Split personality master swordsman(maybe) sword golem.
Offline Tizzy  
#45 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:34:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, I've heard that question somewhere before....
Offline Attolis  
#46 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:37:26 PM(UTC)
Attolis

I didn't post it again, it seems to happen quite often on the forums.
Offline Tizzy  
#47 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:39:50 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Very weird, it was also weird timing.

I had time to quickly reply and then it showed up again almost immediately after I posted.

Wondering if things were sort of stuck/overlapping. Hmm. very strange. Must be a hobgoblin...

Offline Attolis  
#48 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:40:07 PM(UTC)
Attolis

I used to think some denubians were speech texting but it deoesn't seem to be the case. By the way, do denubians have different voices for each mouth?
Offline Tizzy  
#49 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:52:23 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Typically.

It depends greatly on the Denubian, and whatever their current state is. In principle they could form two identical mouths, vocal cords, or ones close enough to speak the same, but that sort of misses the point of the complexity of their language, which is also tonal based.

As you can imagine, the dialogue can get very tricky to follow. Group round tables are positively maddening, particularly during disagreements.

And there is just some stuff that doesn't translate into Universal.

I think that's one reason so many people are wary of verbal agreements with Denubians, you can never be sure your ear was able to process all of the "small speak" of the stated agreement, particularly if they are speaking at a frequency outside ones hearing range.

thanks 1 user thanked Tizzy for this useful post.
Attolis on 4/16/2017(UTC)
Offline Tisslils  
#50 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 12:53:39 AM(UTC)
Tisslils

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

This conversation gave me a thought.

How do we know that Ruiden is not a "she". I mean, Ruiden is a sword, isn't it?

If Talarius gets turned into a sword eventually, Ruiden would be a perfect partner. Very dedicated fellow.
Offline Tizzy  
#51 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 1:09:56 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, not sure how familiar you are with swords, I'm not a fan of them, I prefer claws myself...however, last time I checked, swords, or at least the one's I've met, don't have any "equipment" that can be used for reproduction.

Just saying, have you ever seen a sword with a forge hanging from its hilt? Or an anvil? Or hammer/mallet. What about a bucket of water? Does that mean there are four genders of swords?

Woot

Anyway, as far as I can tell, swords only reproduce asexually.

Now, demons can also reproduce asexually (thanks to those damn meddling wizards), however, we (most of us) do have the equipment so that we could reproduce sexually. But I have not seen that on swords. Now, to be fair, I didn't feel like getting close enough to Ruiden, the "Autonomous Demon Slaying Flying Glaive" to look between his/her blades so I can't be sure about that form.

I think it was just the metallic monotone of his/her voice that led people to assume Ruiden is a "he" but, technically, I think he's an "it." Also, swords tend to be slightly phallic in nature and poetry, so he...seems to fit.

I would imagine that any love would be platonic between two swords.

And this is fine, since being metal artifacts, they live forever, and trust me, any "marriage" that lasts forever is definitely platonic after a certain point in time.

Offline Tisslils  
#52 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 1:24:02 AM(UTC)
Tisslils

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Well, not sure how familiar you are with swords, I'm not a fan of them, I prefer claws myself...however, last time I checked, swords, or at least the one's I've met, don't have any "equipment" that can be used for reproduction.

Just saying, have you ever seen a sword with a forge hanging from its hilt? Or an anvil? Or hammer/mallet. What about a bucket of water? Does that mean there are four genders of swords?

True, but I haven't seen any swords that turns into a humanoid form either. One of those crevices or sharpy things might be its phallus or receptacle. And who knows how a sword has sex? Who's going to be the scabbard, and who's going to be inserting? Is sword sex violent in nature? Very rough? Plenty of unanswered questions. You should ask Volund if Ruiden is the only one of his kind.

If not, I'm pretty sure Volund could help with that if you provide him enough cookies, Tizzy! You'd probably have to stay up all night though...

This brings me to another point... Did Volund just not create a sentient being out of scrap? Isn't that the job of a god? Hm.... why doesn't Bess just start blackmailing others into making new worshippers/souls in a secret plane?

Edited by user Monday, April 17, 2017 1:26:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#53 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 1:26:13 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, yes Volund could probably make them a bay sword by taking a little bit from each.

I mean, of course, presumably he'd be the guy making the Talarius sword as well.

As far as looking in the crevices, I'm going to let you look for the two of us. Thank you very much.
Offline Tizzy  
#54 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 1:27:27 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, sword sex would have to be violent, I'm sure.

Sword on Sword action and all.

I mean it is possible they could sort of slice slivers of metal off each other to create a conjoined baby sword...I suppose...
Offline Tizzy  
#55 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 1:33:00 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, now, that is a good question as to where he got the soul for Ruiden.

I have no idea how Volund made Ruiden. I know that in the case of wizards who make intelligent swords, they tend to use previously living souls that have been captured in an anima jar.

Obviously, there is potential for necromantic like activities in such a case.

Ruiden doesn't seem to remember much before being a sword, but I'd imagine it was a traumatic event.

Also, this god thing is a big wishy washy. God, Titan, Demon, Avatar, all different names for various "Immortals" of different power levels and egos.

Volund is pretty old, pretty sure he's been through more than a couple phoenix cycles. However, he is definitely not a god, he really doesn't like gods.

Well, actually, he really doesn't want to be bothered by fawning worshipers. Finds them very annoying, always begging for favors. Way too much hassle for him.

Heck, his various apprentices often seem to annoy him....and he needs their help, or at least he continues to put up with it.

Offline LCSpartan051  
#56 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 6:41:15 AM(UTC)
LCSpartan051

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Since in the abyss all injuries get healed, since people regenerate there, wouldn't Volund's injuries eventually disappear?
Offline Tizzy  
#57 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 8:24:03 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Same with Phaestus.

In general, if you come in with a long term healed injury, it typically stays that way. If you were born without a hand and you physically go to the Abyss, it doesn't grow back, because, well, it's part of your identity/your definition of self.

However, if someone got a hand lopped and was tossed immediately through an Abyssal Gateway, (like Tom did to Talarius) it will grow back, because the wound isn't long healed and locked into their sense of identity.

In the case of Phaestus & Volund, their infirmities are part of their "immortal schtick" they can shape change if they want, but when they do, they often, but not always, take the infirmity with them in some form. It's sort of like their calling card for people to scratch their chins and go "you don't suppose that guy was..."

Offline Tisslils  
#58 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 1:44:59 AM(UTC)
Tisslils

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
they can shape change if they want, but when they do, they often, but not always, take the infirmity with them in some form

Are you saying Ptah and Volund are masochists?
Offline Tizzy  
#59 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 2:03:20 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

I resent the assumption that just because someone is my friend, they are a masochist!

Cursing

I am a very nice, pleasant, easy going person! Angry

I am sick and tired of people telling my friends that they have to be gluttons for punishment to put up with me! Glare

Not talking
Offline Wylan of Oorstemoth  
#60 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 2:13:44 AM(UTC)
Wylan of Oorstemoth

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

You nefarious nincompoop, he was not mentioning your mentally marginal self!

He was referring to their idiosyncratic ideal of insisting on identifiable infirmities in all instances and every instantation.

Seriously. Brick wall