The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rosver  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:11:05 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Really, I wondred how you survived that long. You have been messing with the gods long before Tom did his thieving.

Not to mention, poor people, they would have been receiving their god's wrath because the sacrifices never reach their destination.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:13:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Madfox11  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:49:21 AM(UTC)
Madfox11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rosver Go to Quoted Post
Not to mention, poor people, they would have been receiving their god's wrath because the sacrifices never reach their destination.

It might explain why the Mayans suffered those nasty draughts that ultimately lead to their fall*. It certainly sounds like a demon that told them it would be a good idea to throw your sacrifices in your only water source during a draught. And I am sure the Atzecs (and all other native Americans at the time) consider the Europeans and the diseases they brought over to be one hack of a punishment.

* Yes, I am aware this is just one potential theory and there are other potential explanations ;)

(P.S. Why isn't there a winky smiley?)

Offline Tizzy  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:42:13 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
;) That's a good question. Hmmmmm

It should be addable...I know I can add emoticons...somehow...

I like your theories. I'm going to go ahead and approve them as fact.

Hmm, I don't have a wikipedia account to publish them as fact...but I suppose I can get one.

That is after all, how facts are established.

"So let it be written in wikipedia, so let it be done" as the Pharaohs used to say.
Offline Maou  
#44 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 11:26:46 PM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

This is completely unrelated, but is it possible to hack a wizards spell such that they are unaware of the manipulation. While their are likely some defenses their spells are quite automate and most wizards lack linkamancy, so I was curious to know.
Offline Tizzy  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:49:52 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
That is one of the benefits of wizardry...no...not if they know the spell.

Obviously if they are trying to cast it ad hoc from a book and you altered the words of the spell in the book or changed the ingredient.

But to do so to redirect, would require a lot of planning forethought and knowledge. It is something that someone like Lenamare could probably do as part of a long range sneaky plan (see the discussion of how he got the Book coming in volume 2)

The closest thing to a real time hack is to disrupt the casting, similar to the C.o.D. incident. That's not directed, just deadly.

Wizards actually know a very great deal about links, they just do it quite differently than say Tom or Maelen. you could in theory try to fool them by giving them a wrong true name...and thus retarget, but a good wizard would probably detect the spell wasn't working...

OK, now we have said this I am rethinking. Technically, Tom hijacked the summons done by Verigas, that was a ritual which is very much like a spell. So yes, I expect that Tom could hijack a wizard summoning a different demon.

They key here is that Tom is supplying is own power and is actually following an intercepted link to another demon to locate the priest/wizard on the Planes of Man. He's using the summoning spell as a homing device, and then using the flame and continued chanting like a rope to pull himself there and punch a hole in reality and open a gate.

You notice there are two distinct ways Tom (and other demons) travel. The "fading in and out", and the "portal" approach. Tom uses the "portal approach" when demons are summoned the wizard is using the fading in and out approach. Same thing when a demon returns to the Abyss upon death in the PoM. They fade out.