The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Flakes  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 4:29:48 AM(UTC)
Flakes

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Since we are asking pointless assinine questions, I thought I would ask one of my own.

Snakes use their tongues to smell and sense vibrations. The forked nature is about depth perception (like eyes), but for different senses.

So the question is this if tom closes his eyes and flicks his tongue out can he tell you that you are standing right over there from your B.O. If he licks railroad tracks can he tell if a train is coming.

Edited by user Monday, October 27, 2014 4:36:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Maou  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 5:26:04 AM(UTC)
Maou

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Interesting idea, it might depend on the demon, some might do that naturally, while others could learn it over time. Demons might have other senses that humans lack. Maybe they have that sense hammerheads have that let them detect other sea life by their nervous system. Might be interesting to know how many senses demons might have. They likely have more senses and sharper senses than the average human.
Offline Rosver  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 12:38:12 PM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
When demons have a very strong sense of smell, sight and hearing; and special senses like sensing mana, such form of sense seems unnecessary.
Offline Tizzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:05:08 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
The fork could be for smelling...it could be for telling lies (he speak with forked tongue) or it could be more like the Strain style vampire to puncture a victim and suck out mana and animus.

All demons are different, so what a forked tongue might do for one demon, might be different for another. There is no evolution in demons, they are the products of pure nightmare...so maybe the tongue is just forked for appearance because the people dreaming it up didn't know what forked tongues were for.

Offline Jonnyboi  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:23:20 AM(UTC)
Jonnyboi

The humans probably thought that since demons are all liars, schemers, and backstabbers that it would be fitting to relate their words to one of a snake. But Tizzy is an exception since it's not a matter of knowing if he's lying but a matter of interpretation.
It's hard to be good so why try?
Offline Tizzy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:18:27 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Interpretation? I think I'm generally quite clear and concise. Not sure what there is to interpret. If I say that I'm going to go have a lunch buffet of virgins if I can't stay by your side, then I pretty much mean it.

Now, I suppose the interpretation would be "female virgins" but I'm not picky. I'll happily eat virgins of either sex. They are so tasty.

The only untasty virgin I found was this little square rectangle virgin (it even used the word virgin in it's title/honorific and had it painted on it "Virgin Mobile") so I tried to eat this Mobile virgin, but it was really crunchy and nasty. Plus so small that it didn't fill me up. I then saw this really giant metal sausage with wings that said it was also a Virgin, but it was too big to fit in my mouth so I didn't even try to eat it.
Offline Rosver  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:55:00 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Tizzy you're condition seems to favor you if you loose.

As for virgin, try virgin coconut oil. It's healthy.
Offline Tizzy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:25:28 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

If things are setup correctly, everything should favor me.

Virgin Coconut Oil?

Hmm, don't know. I tried virgin Olive Oil, but her two suitors--that big brute like guy and the skinny sailor with the huge forearms got really upset.

The big brute guy was pretty easy to put down, but the skinny guy popped open a can of green stuff and gulped it down. He then proceeded to beat me up pretty badly.

And then there was their friend, just sitting their munching on a big plate of hamburgers and watching me get beat up!

So virgin Oils? Not so sure about
Offline Rosver  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 1:49:29 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Wow, you meet Popeye. Love that guy when I was a kid. Doesn't seem to appear on TV now though.

By the way, her name is Olive Oyl.

Amazing that Popeye is stronger than you demon. Well, Popeye did incredible feats after munching some spinach.
Offline Tizzy  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 4:33:07 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

You asked about plants with mana? Clearly spinach is one.

Remember, I don't type nor can I spell, you are just getting what I mentally dictate to my Dragon Naturally Thinking App.

Offline eugene2k  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:15:16 PM(UTC)
eugene2k

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

>So the question is this if tom closes his eyes and flicks his tongue out can he tell you that you are standing right over there from your B.O.

Well, considering a demon's physical body is just a manifestation, and a representation of astlanians' fears and beliefs about how demons are supposed to look, the demon's tongue would either be just for decoration (as would be every other part of their body) or it would depend on what astlanians believe the the demons' forked tongue is for...
Offline Tizzy  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 7:18:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Exactly...

Although on a decoration front...I note that his tail is not just for decoration...maybe his tongue is a weapon as well.

I know that the tongues of Incubae and Succubae are not just for decoration.
Offline Rosver  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:25:06 AM(UTC)
Rosver

I just have to ignore that.
Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:34:31 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Dancing
Offline Maou  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 2:32:38 AM(UTC)
Maou

Do any of the gods require virgin sacrifices, I know some of the older deities of Earth required such. so I just want to know whom still does that.
Offline Tizzy  
#16 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 11:54:38 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I would imagine so. That's why I'm doing my best to protect the pretty young things....endangered species preservation and all.

Offline Rosver  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:26:13 AM(UTC)
Rosver

I never heard of religions requiring virgin sacrifice. Life or human sacrifice? Yes. Virgin sacrifice? No. What religion is that that requires such sacrifices?
Offline Tizzy  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:43:01 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Not sure how many there are on Earth, but on many planes it's quite common.

For example in the original Dragon Slayer, they sacrificed virgins to Vermithrax.

Very typical on many of these planes that have Kindle based travel guides to have youth, virginal youth and sacrifice them.

It's often a great incentive for teen sex and pregnancy. Keeps them out of the lottery. It's almost always a lottery.

I also know a lot of demons, e.g. Lillith, Asmodeus, Sammael etc who enjoy virgin strains in the various Blood Wines.
Offline Maou  
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 5:54:33 PM(UTC)
Maou

Have you not heard of stories that require a live virginal sacrifice who is often an attractive woman. Male sacrifices are uncommon. You find these stories in a lot of old mythologies and other various media.
Offline Rosver  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:34:34 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Yes, I have heared of this virgin sacrifices. A wellknown one is the sacrifices for the Minotaur. However, these sacrifices is not religious in nature. Of course I would not accept the media like films, fiction, blogs and gossip. For most part, they are made up and doesn't really have much truth. It also often is not religious too. They are actually not related to religion at all like sacrificing to satan, or to gain youth and power, to pacify dragons, etc.

I haven't really come across a religion that have a tradition of giving virgin sacrifices. Of course there are those that sacrifice children, whom we could assume are virgins, but their virginity has nothing to do with the sacrifice.