The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2021 5:06:51 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ok, having finished the book can we now start speculating on the next phase of the story?

For example, am I the only one that was hoping some of the ork women would start catcalling Tom while he was around? I mean, just a wolf whistle would have been hilarious.

Also, I believe Trig is going to have some issues going forward with his divided loyalties...though they'll only be divided as long as HGE isn't tied to Doom. If they ever swear to Tom, it's all good, right? Or, you know, if Tom decided to just take the cluster as his. Whichever.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Guruushika  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 10:57:03 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
1. Good Job TAG for getting this out. Loved the book.
2. Good Job Tizzy for prodding TAG with a stick. Probably could have laid off the pipe while doing so (since D-weed smoke probably kept sending him astral), but still good job.
3. An undead/great old ones alliance? (Only hinted at but still) Scary.
4. Loved the addition of a certain Engineer/Avatar. Makes too much sense. Proof that a certain monkey shows up is great, now we are missing a certain Risi lord.
5. Ork boarding teams with Lichtschwerts becoming the norm?
6. Those spit-takes were hilarious.

All said, nice Job TAG.
thanks 2 users thanked Guruushika for this useful post.
Dungeon Roomba on 12/9/2021(UTC), The Author Guy on 12/29/2021(UTC)
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 12:34:20 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Oh, I can't believe I forgot about the monkey reference. REALLY looking forward to Bk 4 now. Well, not like I WASN'T looking forward to it before.

Yeah, really not looking forward to a Great Old Ones confrontation. I suppose that should be "THEY are not looking forward to a GOO confrontation". I'm looking forward to it immensely.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline MotoMage  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 4:41:11 PM(UTC)
MotoMage

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

Is this book still in line to get a Audio Book put out? If so what does that timeline looks like.
Offline MotoMage  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 4:54:46 PM(UTC)
MotoMage

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

Is this book still in line to get a Audio Book? If so do you have a timeline on that?
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 8:53:39 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

I know it'll get an audiobook, but time will depend on Mr. Bel Davies' schedule, I think.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tisslils  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 25, 2021 10:31:51 PM(UTC)
Tisslils

Since TAG refuses to set up a patreon for us to send money. What's the best way for you to profit TAG?
I was thinking of buying a soft or hardcover versions of your book, how much do you profit off of those? Should I get a hard or softcover?
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2021 6:04:04 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Yeah, it would be nice if there was a Subscribestar or Patreon, or heck, just a Paypal donate button! If nothing else, maybe the money there could be used for website maintenance/hosting. But I know there are issues with that. So I'll just buy everything I can and hope it's enough. Oh! I just thought of something. I'll go buy another dead tree copy of the book, and see about giving it to the local library!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Reptide  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2021 8:44:07 PM(UTC)
Reptide

Good thing i have vacation and dont have to work tomorow. I have read untill 3am and get myghtly upset when i reach end.
Btw did Antiles Orcs come from 40K universe? Since 40K Orcs grow like mushrooms, literally.
“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Offline The Author Guy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 3:45:28 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MotoMage Go to Quoted Post
Is this book still in line to get a Audio Book put out? If so what does that timeline looks like.

Yes, it's at Tantor since December 4. They said they were going to try to get Stephen again, but have not heard much.

However, if they got Stephen, they have everything they need from me, because I sent a cover of the right (square) size with Stephen's name on it.

However, that being said, usually Stephen calls to discuss pronunciations and such.

I was giving them some time to get stuff together before bugging them. Given Xmas and NY time might be tight, particularly for Stephen (Tantor has lots of people). I will ping them today to see where it's at.

It's definitely getting done, it's just a when and who.
Offline The Author Guy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 3:49:14 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Reptide Go to Quoted Post
Good thing i have vacation and dont have to work tomorow. I have read untill 3am and get myghtly upset when i reach end.
Btw did Antiles Orcs come from 40K universe? Since 40K Orcs grow like mushrooms, literally.

40K Orc artwork definitely was an inspiration, but 40K orks, by and large tend to be a bit thuggish for my taste. Actually, a lot of folks are a bit thuggish there.

I have to suspect that the portrayal of 40K Orks as a never ending horde of barbarians on space hulks ready to ravage every known civilization as being biased by Elvish propaganda.
Offline Reptide  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 6:52:23 PM(UTC)
Reptide

Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Reptide Go to Quoted Post

40K Orc artwork definitely was an inspiration, but 40K orks, by and large tend to be a bit thuggish for my taste. Actually, a lot of folks are a bit thuggish there.

I have to suspect that the portrayal of 40K Orks as a never ending horde of barbarians on space hulks ready to ravage every known civilization as being biased by Elvish propaganda.

40K Orcs grow from mushroom like parazite, and when they die they spread this mushroom so after some planet gets Orcs it never can rid of them since there is alwais some mushroom left. 40K orcs dont have sex since they dont need it, thats 40K lore so its kind of hard blame eldars for thet propaganda.
Mayby watch some Lore video on Orc waagh

Edited by user Wednesday, December 29, 2021 6:56:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“Well, that’s hardly his fault,” Merlin replied, slightly surprised by his own almost defensive tone. “He was designed as a fire control system, and the Navy didn’t want its weapons systems to have too much imagination.”
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 1:02:09 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Never been a fan of 40k, so never got into the lore. As a fungus-adjacent individual, I heartily approve of mushroom-grown anything. But if my understanding of most mammalian-style beings, not doing that pushy-pully thing (sax, or something like that) makes them really grumpy. How would that affect the 40k universe?

Also, mushroom-grown orcs sound kind of...bland. Like most mushrooms.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2021 4:33:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
I think we are missing the important questions here!

Has anyone tried a 40K Orc on a pizza?

Also, how is the high if you ingest them? Big fan of peyote myself and other magic mushrooms.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 12:49:45 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Oh, wow, now THAT'S an idea. Pepperoni, sausage, and 40k orc pizza.

But I doubt they'll make you high. Like I said...bland.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 10:43:46 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Bummer.

I love Pepperoni and Peyote Pizza, or P-Cubed or P2da3, as I call it, depending on how many slices I've had.

Hoping this could be a new variant.
Offline Guruushika  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 8:53:11 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post

You do know the Warhammer 40K lores were written by Elven sympathizers. Explains their strong Pro-Eldar stance. As for the Pizza, Orc struck me as more of a Calzone thing. Lots of super flavourful cheese, maybe some bleu or something stronger, and the Orc can soak up the flavor.
Offline Reptide  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 4:04:34 PM(UTC)
Reptide

Originally Posted by: Guruushika Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gelcube Go to Quoted Post

You do know the Warhammer 40K lores were written by Elven sympathizers. Explains their strong Pro-Eldar stance. As for the Pizza, Orc struck me as more of a Calzone thing. Lots of super flavourful cheese, maybe some bleu or something stronger, and the Orc can soak up the flavor.

Question is how fast Orc mushroom grow. You can put everything on pizza and finish with O-mushrum then put in owen and when you pull it out its just O-mushroom.
More research need to be done.
Offline Tizzy  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 12:21:56 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes, problematic.

But, now that I think of it, are these 40K orcs zombies?

As in "The Last Of Us" plant zombies?

That would cause some serious conflicts of interest for Mount Doom.

Offline Guruushika  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 8:52:56 AM(UTC)
Guruushika

The Last of Us struck me as a nature deity gone wild kind of a scenario. World too unbalanced, and a bunch of nature deities, probably including Pan (for the 'Pan'demonium of it) deciding that using human nature against themselves. After all, the 'Zombies' in last of us are technically still alive, just living off of photosynthesis and the occasional uninfected.

Plus, given the aggressive nature of the fungus, would you want to eat it? Kind of like volunteering to ingest xenomorph larvae. Doesn't sound like after dinner experience.