The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
15 Pages«<12131415>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jonnyboi  
#261 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 8:45:35 AM(UTC)
Jonnyboi

Groups: Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
@AussieKid:

Yes, much will be happening with the skyfleet/Rod over the next few books. In book ii, we have a lot of regrouping to deal with the new situation and positioning and alliances involving them and freehold...the problem is, as you point out, the target of their ire has fled the scene and seriously annoyed the Rod and in particular the other Knights Rampant who arrive late and are totally smoked about their missing "brother knight" who they are sworn to defend, one for all, all for one sort of thing.

@JMX:

T-A-G really had hoped for sooner, but editor and artist have their timelines that aren't as fast. However, T-A-G say he can use that time to improve the book. Things start to get complicated in terms of the number of involved parties and which side they are on in book ii, so getting it right is important.

Does Lenamare, as Tom's summoner, bear partial responsibility for Tom's actions?
What I mean to ask is: Would the counsel put some heat on Lenamare for being Tom's summoner/ Accursed Master.
It's hard to be good so why try?
Offline Icanrememberpito68decimalplaces  
#262 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 8:48:07 AM(UTC)
Icanrememberpito68decimalplaces

Hey, just saying, I'm actually AussieKid, but lost username and password, so I made an easier username and password.
Do you think there might be a few spin off short stories, such as from Rupert's POV, or maybe from Tom's as an aftermath novel (unless he gets permanently killed, or we leave him behind in a book, as someone said that this main series is a collection of three or four?

Again Applause Can't wait for next book :D
#263 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 8:50:18 AM(UTC)

If you don't believe me about being AussieKid, that's your problem; we are in the Abyss after all!
Offline Jonnyboi  
#264 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 9:23:11 AM(UTC)
Jonnyboi

Don't think that's going to be a problem. Since this is the abyss, no one actually bothers with things unrelated to them.
It's hard to be good so why try?
Offline Tizzy  
#265 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 2:26:53 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Yes, Demons are known to change their names pretty frequently, and they only talk about themselves, or me.

Talking about me is, of course, the best thing people in the Abyss can do, since, clearly, I am the most interesting person in the Abyss.

You won't believe how many arguments I get over this one simple, obvious point.

As for other books, T-A-G has discovered that he only got about half as far as planned in book ii, so there is now an extra book and the story is at least 4 if not 5 or 6 books.

There has been a plan to do short stories or spin offs for some time. For example Tales of the Demon Bard which are the adventures of Antefalken prior to this book.

But there is also another spin-off planned based on a character (or two) in book ii. I can't say much about that because it would give stuff away, but it would be a roughly concurrent story line in another universe that would have some character and event cross overs. Thing Flash/Arrow and similar TV cross overs.

Also, as mentioned before, one reason T-A-G is putting up so much world info is to at some point generate interest in reader fiction in the same multiverse.
#266 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 12:26:56 AM(UTC)

Hey Tizzy, can I change my name gain, 'cuz every1 knows my name, I need to change it again.
Offline smw  
#267 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 2:46:03 AM(UTC)
smw

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I, smw, want to be a beta demon.

I have posted typos in the past.

http://astlan.net/Forum/...posts/t/47/Typos#post787
Offline aden  
#268 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 3:05:54 PM(UTC)
aden

Groups: Guests

Any update on the second book would be interested in becoming a beta reader
Offline Tizzy  
#269 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 10:54:18 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Fine for beta...that should be starting soon according to T-A-G.

I am going to create a Beta Forum for him soon. He just wants me to hold off so people don't get too excited too fast.

The beta thing is not for everyone. IN THAT: While anyone in the forums that wants to can be a beta demon, as T-A-G will explain in the opening to the beta forum why one might not want to be a beta demon, and why it will be locked to beta demons only.

Mainly, it's because it exposes you to the "Infinite Worlds of Maybe" Beta demons may end up traveling down alternate--dead end--timelines that get wiped out by the 'final timeline.'

E.g. when something bad happens and then someone from the near future goes back and makes sure that bad thing didn't happen and then in the new 'official' timeline that bad thing didn't happen, the time traveler ends remembering both realities.

In other words, being a beta demon may expose people to information/event/plot destroying horribleness that doesn't actually ever happen in the real world (of Astlan/TheAbyss) but you just thought it happened for a while, like a bad dream.

This can bother some people. You have to be able to live with possibly having knowledge of these universes, but you can't ever tell anyone because 1) no one would believe you and they would lock up and away from gen-pop and 2) My demon buddies would hunt you down and eat your soul.

Anyway, so as of last word on progress, that's on the front page, there are now hard deadlines. Given that the deadlines are further out than he'd planned, T-A-G is taking time before the beta program to go back and clean things up/improve consistency and then optimize the 'wrap up' for Book ii

This is actually kind of important because what he had planned to do in book ii is now what is book ii + book iii, in that it turns out that in order to get to where book ii was supposed to go...has taken a lot more story than planned and the old end of book ii is now the end of book iii. I think this was bad planning on T-A-G's part. But in the end, I think it has improved the multiverse.

To give you a hint of the detail.

Book I took place over a period of 30 Astlanian days. I.e. 1.5 Anuropian Quarter Months I am not sure how many people realized that.
Book II takes place over basically 10 more days. So Book 1 and 2 together last 1 Uropian month.

Word counts are going to be very similar (Dead Tree page limit for on demand printing)

In other words, book II maintains the speed of action at the end of book I, we are not slowing down. Although

Edited by user Sunday, May 10, 2015 10:57:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline ziipoo  
#270 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:12:07 PM(UTC)
ziipoo

Considering the fact that TAG posted that the beta will start mid may and that is pretty soon, i wondr how we will know if we are in the beta. Will we find out throu email?
Offline Tizzy  
#271 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 3:18:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yeah, I will send out emails for people to confirm and then there will be a beta demon only forum for discussion, access.

He said mid May, but it will probably be end of May...timelines shifted when Editor said she couldn't touch it until July 1....

So T-A-G is going back and filling in the timeline with more detail scenes etc.

Offline Tizzy  
#272 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:31:34 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Oohh Three finger is being sneaky and updated his 6 month old post to be in red so it looks like he was ahead of the game on the blood contract!

Got the email message of a new post and I'm like where is it? It was an edit....oooh very demonic trying to go back and change the past!

Applause
thanks 1 user thanked Tizzy for this useful post.
Threefinger on 5/19/2015(UTC)
Offline Myzifer  
#273 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:56:05 PM(UTC)
Myzifer

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

This is only series that's hooked me so bad that I'm regularly tracking the progress for release updates, I'd sign up for beta reading just to get access to it sooner but I'd rather hold out and wait for the finalised product although if there was a way to pre-order the book to get a copy as soon as it's been finished then I'd sell my soul to get it as soon as humanly or better yet inhumanly possible.
Offline Tizzy  
#274 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 10:52:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Now that's the sort of sale I love to make!

I think that's a good position on the beta process for a lot of people. I think of it sort of like all the billions of cuts of Blade Runner. At some point, pick a version of the story and stick with it already!

Good news is that there isn't too much downtime between when it comes back from the editor and when it goes on sale. Basically it comes back and T-A-G goes over the edits and approves (or disapproves) the edits and deals with the comments from the editor. Typically this is a couple days. Then it's just formatting and testing the layout which is surprisingly painful, but a couple days, then it's on sale.

Offline Threefinger  
#275 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:35:52 PM(UTC)
Threefinger

Well when you find a way to edit the timestream you may as well go for it! One of these days I will catch up to that blue box flying bastard and steal me a neat magical screwdriver.
Offline Tizzy  
#276 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:54:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Ah, you've met the bastard in the blue box!

He's quite annoying stopped me from world domination a couple times. Most annoying chap!
Offline Grant  
#277 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:23:23 AM(UTC)
Grant

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

so when does Beta testing start? i cant wait am so excited
Offline Tizzy  
#278 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:51:50 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Soon. T-A-G has to get it to the Editor the beginning of July...

The goal had been June 1, but T-A-G was out of pocket the last week with graduation ceremonies and parties for family he had to attend that were 333 1/3 leagues away, and his magic carpet apparently had holes in it, so he had to take his magic wagon thing over the ground...

So he's got one crazy weekend ahead of him and maybe a few more days. He's in over drive to try to start it in about a week or so...

If I were not a demon, I'd ask you to pray to a deity of your choice for him, but since said deities are more likely to screw one over than help one, in my experience, I'll simply ask you to cross your fingers and toss salt over your shoulder...
Offline JMX  
#279 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:58:07 AM(UTC)
JMX

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I am very excited and the anticipation is killing me. With TAG being so active and having a well formed world I don't have to worry about it being like the slap in the face that was the blood song sequel.
Offline Tizzy  
#280 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:06:45 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Eh, I'd reserve judgement on that. He hasn't let me proofread it yet.

I'm pretty sure he's got the whole thing wrong...I think he's deaf or something doesn't seem to hear half of what I tell him...