The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
18 Pages«<1112131415>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Skaar  
#241 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:42:16 PM(UTC)
Skaar

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Tom definitely needs some new skills and abilities, I mean look who he's up against archdemons, avatars, Demon Princes, Gods and now he's pissed off the chaos lords
Offline Tizzy  
#242 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:43:43 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well, with animages, "anything is possible" however, it may not be practical.

Someone, somewhere came up with the spell, so presumably that spell is "prepackaged animagic" so presumably it could be reverse engineered to something an animage, or more likely, a group of animages linked together could do.

A COD is very dangerous, it is doubtful to me that a single animage could control and direct it, it would take a group of animages linked together and fully coordinated and rehearsed working together. And one would probably assume that was how the very first one came about.

The aniwizards were really the first wizards that figured out how to package animagic into spells, I assume they may have done this; but there are lots of possibilities.

Offline Puck  
#243 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 3:10:45 AM(UTC)
Puck

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hmm, I didn't think of indigestion..Well! Maybe someone needs to raid a library of animages or something! Gotta kick it up a notch or get om nommed by the FOG and adjacents!
Offline Skaar  
#244 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 5:23:27 AM(UTC)
Skaar

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Or find a lost tomb that holds the ancient knowledge and techniques of the Anilords, Time Warriors, and Mind Reavers
Offline Puck  
#245 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 9:07:18 AM(UTC)
Puck

Oohh, I like that! Theirs got to be some hidden room or something that Orcus had. I mean, he was an animage right? >_> Or maybe Djinn teach it? Their are Djinn taught spells!
Offline Tizzy  
#246 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 2:09:44 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Dancing
Offline Puck  
#247 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 10:12:58 PM(UTC)
Puck

Yuuushhh
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#248 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 1:24:24 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Ok, so I was thinking on a situation I touched on earlier in the thread, but at the time, I didn't give it a lot of thought. But re-reading THH again, I came across where Sir Gadius is thinking about Talarius and Melissance. And that kickstarted some thoughts on the situation.

Mainly, I was thinking about the practicalities of how and where Melissance is being held. Before I thought that Talarius and Tom would have to go to the Courts and battle Asmodeus and Lilith for her. But reading the section closer, and thinking about it a little more, and I realized that may likely not be the case.

Asmodeus probably has a lot of land scattered about the Abyss, and he can't be at them all at once. It's unlikely he'll keep Melissance on him at all times, and unlikely he'll be where she's being held at all times, either. This isn't the only plot he's going right now, after all! Unless he and Lilith are actively setting the trap for Talarius, he'll probably let his archdemon agent handle things.

SO...that means Talarius and Tom have a chance to find out where she's being held, and take out the archdemon that's holding her, without having to deal with Asmodeus immediately. Granted, if they do that, they will become Priority #1 for Asmodeus, but I'm sure Talarius would take that trade. Or maybe even sneak in and out without anyone noticing. (Like THAT'S going to happen)

Something else to think about, though. Melissance has been held by this archdemon for decades. Has she been tortured the entire time? How broken is her soul? And what if...no, no, I can't...

...but...what if she fell in love with the archdemon? We know Melissance was Talarius' True Love. But what if Talarius wasn't MELISSANCE'S True Love? What if she moved on, and fell in love with her captor? How much would that mess up Talarius? And what would happen to the archdemon? Would he join Tom just to get away from Asmodeus?

It'd be like the Abyss' version of a Reality TV Show.

...or a K-Drama.

Edited by user Friday, June 10, 2016 7:24:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Mikey  
#249 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 3:30:51 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Offline Tizzy  
#250 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 2:53:43 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

"Holy Heartthrob Heartbreak Batman! I thought I was your intended?"---exclaimed Robin, the boy wonder, an expression of crushed hopes and desires writhing upon his face mirroring the boy's internal misery.

Edited by user Saturday, June 11, 2016 3:00:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#251 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 2:58:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Incidentally, in the show, they added the character of Aunt Harriet precisely to allay concerns of impropriety between Master Bruce and his ward, Dick Grayson.

I know this because, I once tortured an executive from ABC Standards and Practices.
Offline Puck  
#252 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 3:07:07 PM(UTC)
Puck

Makes perfect sense
Offline Mikey  
#253 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:08:43 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
an executive from ABC Standards and Practices.

Edited by user Saturday, June 11, 2016 5:41:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#254 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:55:20 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Ah yes, of course Demonic Universal Tongue has a very difficult time translating stuff from Sorkinese.

Never could understand what was happening on Sports Night, but then, I find US/Earth sports pretty lame. A few concussions with permanent brain damage and people get all weepy for 300 lb armored warriors charging into each other to make crap loads of money.

Hell, orcs and D'Orcs do that for free, do you think they worry about brain damage?

Plus, how many heads get pulled off during a regular game? Don't think I've ever seen anyone pop a quarterback's head off during a sacking!

The only game on your planet I can even pretend to watch is hockey. It's at least worth it if you get seats near the penalty box.

Lacrosse would be much more interesting if they put sickles on the end of their sticks instead of baskets. You could then replace the ball with your opponents heads which would be easy to lop off with the sickle.

Offline WRDNg  
#255 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 2:23:36 AM(UTC)
WRDNg

I have a feeling that as demons we might see many versions of Melissance. As a named character that has yet to appear in the story or even be described it sounds as if she spent some of that time in limbo and many threads of history could need to be unraveled before she becomes clear.

The biggest question I have is that given Melissance has been held by a demon and "forgotten" as inconsequential for so many years I have to assume she died as a human in the Abyss. It doesn't seem that the lower level demons given guard duty have a good grasp of "light" when it comes to torture.

I also think that Melissance might just hold a grudge if she is found but it happens when Talarius isn't searching for her.

I also think that the most illogical of human reasoning will come into play and Talarius will "discover" it is all part of Tomus's evil plan.

sorry if this was covered by the earlier post for some reason my browser will not let me browse the pages of a forum. I think the website demon is being punished and it is causing faults.

Offline Puck  
#256 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 2:29:01 AM(UTC)
Puck

Theyd have had to do some major stuff to kill her in the Abyss, humans regenerate like demons after all. its more likely Asmodeus did a number on her mind imo. Im hoping its a catalyst for Talarius to see that all demons, namely Toms bunch arent all bad. Assuming Tom plays some role in getting her back, whatever shape shes in.

Edited by user Sunday, June 12, 2016 2:30:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#257 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 2:35:33 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, having read what T-A-G has so far, and believe me it's difficult, I am reading over his shoulder.

Fortunately, when he tries to block me from seeing it, I have more hands than him and can easily hold his hands still and read and scroll with my other hands...

But...Melissance and what she's been up to is much discussed in book 3, she sort of looms like a specter...however, she has yet to make an appearance.

If what I've read is true...she has not had a pleasant time of it in the Abyss. Her captor is well, rather infamous, to say the least. <shudder>

Let's just say that if I was a young lady? I'd prefer to be the slave of the (by comparison) very sexy Jabba the Hutt. Sure he's got a big mouth, and a very long prehensile tongue to do unspeakable things, but at least Jabba has only ONE mouth.

Anxious
Offline Mikey  
#258 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 3:19:38 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Originally Posted by: Puck Go to Quoted Post
whatever shape shes in.

UserPostedImage
Offline Tizzy  
#259 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 3:49:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

LOLDancing

Too true...

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#260 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 1:07:13 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

You know, something else just occurred to me. We've speculated about Talarius in all this. But what about Tom? He definitely has a White Knight thing going on. There's no way he'd let her stay a prisoner knowing she's being tortured.

SO...

I've been thinking that Talarius would be the one to drag Tom into this. But what if TOM hears about it first, and drags Talarius into it? Especially if he hears about it before Asmodeus and Lilith set up their trap? Tom hasn't been very proactive yet, but I'd really like to see this happen. Tom hearing about the damsel in distress, and heading out to save her. He might not even have her name, and thus Talarius wouldn't even know who they were after until he SAW her.

Ooooooo. Dun-dun-DUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"