The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
18 Pages«<1415161718>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Skaar  
#301 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:01:59 PM(UTC)
Skaar

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
As sure as I am that you'd take a bullet for the team handling that burden, I think this is one Tom's going to have handle, I mean he already died a virgin, I believe he should lose his V card with a hot chick who also still has her V card.I mean think about it everyone in the abyss has about a billion years worth of experience and at level one. She would be the perfect partner to level up with, well her and Zelda( think she might also have a thing for him)
Offline Puck  
#302 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 11:24:11 PM(UTC)
Puck

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

As altruistic as you are Tizzy : I Skaar may be right. My distaste for romantic nonsense aside someone more Toms level (yea, cause shes not a bazillion year old metaphysical entity) is good for him : I.
Offline Tizzy  
#303 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:02:02 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm,

Age level...

I am not sure how old Tamarin is, but Zelda, his Steward, mother of Fer Rog is only 27 years old.

If I were to play match maker, I would suggest the two of them hook up since their children both get along quite well and are about the same age. I know Fer Rog sees Rupert as an older brother. And they're practically the same species, sort of, almost, kind of.

And trust me, Zelda's one of the Hottest D'Orcs around. Believe you me, she can bench press a D'Orc twice her size, easily. And she has very clean, unchipped ivory tusks to die for!

Yes, Yes, Zelda+Tom would be a great match, therefore I will have to console poor Tamarin. Such is my fate, to be the kind and gentle comforter!

Offline Puck  
#304 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:23:35 AM(UTC)
Puck

Your to kind =_=
Offline Skaar  
#305 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:17:18 AM(UTC)
Skaar

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yea Tizzy a heart of gold 😑
Offline Tizzy  
#306 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:35:37 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thank you both for recognizing my altruism and my kind and supportive nature.

So few beings ever recognize or acknowledge my good deeds; thus it means a great deal to me when they do!

Whistle
Offline Mikey  
#307 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:42:51 PM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
If a demon shape is a function of the expectations of those linked to the demon, how long until Tom starts growing a lantern jaw?
Offline Tizzy  
#308 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:47:02 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well...the expectation thing really only applies to the initial conjuring. Once a demon's form is set, it's pretty much set without a lot of undo influence.

On the other hand, not sure why one needs a lantern jaw, demons can see perfectly well in the dark, no need to have a lantern hanging from the bottom of one's head.

Look a bit weird I'd think.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#309 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:28:49 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Tizzy, while we're all glad that you're the generous, selfless demon you are, I believe that Tom needs to deal with this himself. I think Tom's going to have to learn to let go of some of the responsibilities (if only for a few hours), or he'll keel over from exhaustion at an inconveniently deadly time. He's stressed out right now, and a stressed out Dark Overlord is probably NOT a good recipe for goulash. Though stress DOES make an excellent gumbo ingredient.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#310 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:05:25 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, ghoulash??? Think you forgot the space. Shhh

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#311 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 4:30:45 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

HINT!!!

<jiggle> <jaggle>

Ghoul ash? Oooo, that sounds...umm, well, I'm not sure. Can the dead be reanimated in the Abyss? Or are ghouls considered undead?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#312 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 5:36:15 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

We at Doom prefer the term UnLife.

Which will be explained in Book 3.

Offline Mikey  
#313 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 8:05:03 AM(UTC)
Mikey

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Which will be explained in Book 3.

Well, give it to us straight, like pear cider made out of 100% pears.
Offline The Author Guy  
#314 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 3:10:44 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Very funny. I've seen him a couple times on Graham Norton, and I think James Cordon. I too seem to have a lot of phrases that I use that no one else does, some were family, some are things that stuck in my head from all my reading as a kid, and I just like odd catch phrases.

Now this apropos for the summer in that this is currently a huge discussion point around me as summer comes on. Pear cider made from 100% pears is called a perry. In fact we can't pass a "pear cider" in a store without inspecting it to find out their truth in advertising. Some of them are a combination of pear and apple ciders,and called pear cider, which is OK, but others call themselves 100% pear cider, but that is a contradiction, because that's not a cider, it's a perry.

Anyway, just funny that you posted this, given that has been a big topic among my friends and I lately.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#315 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 2:36:38 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Ok, so, I suppose Talarius was fighting ghouls in Book 2, instead of vampires. I think he even said ghouls, but I didn't understand how the ghouls worked.

So are vampires similar? Are they more or less powerful than ghouls?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#316 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 4:59:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Different infections, different mechanisms.

Vampires only need blood, Ghouls need flesh, very fresh flesh, preferably still living fresh.

As to more powerful, well, they are people after all and various people have different strengths.

Both have different "handicaps" if you will.

Vampires, don't like sunlight, but their eating habits are relatively straightforward to maintain. They also like the dirt of their grave for some reason. Unless they are a mana wielder, however, they do not turn into bats or wolves or anything like that. They are extremely hard to kill however.

Ghouls can operate whenever they want, but their eating habits are messier and harder to clean up/hide/cover. They are also a bit tricky to kill, not as hard as a vampire, but still difficult, particularly if they are berserk with hunger.

Generally speaking, most people consider vampires to be more sophisticated and of higher social stature than ghouls; but that really could be the eating habit thing.

The thing is, a newbie vampire is a bit easier to hide than a newbie ghoul; again the eating habits.

An outbreak of ghoulism is generally quite nasty. In many cases they can be mistaken for a zombie outbreak.

Vampirism typically doesn't "break out" because there is the whole formal process of creating new vampires, where as ghoulism transmits very much like a disease.

So, typically, you do not see a lot of very experienced ghouls because they often don't survive long enough, unless protected by someone more senior (like a senior vampire)

That being said, I know of tales of very senior people becoming inflicted with ghoulism. Typically nobility or very rich persons who can hide their eating habits from the general public. These folks are generally the most dangerous of ghouls because if they feed well, you don't know they are ghouls, however, their needs create motivations that make them very dangerous.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#317 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:36:52 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Hmm, that's fascinating. So those were ghouls Talarius was burning in Book 1, right? Not vampires? But it was a vampire minion of Smody's that stole Millie's soul?

I wonder if demon flesh will work for ghouls? You know, eat, regenerate, eat again? Kinda..."ghoulish", eh? EH?!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#318 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 1:56:46 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, I wasn't there, so all I know is what I read in book 1, but it was both.

Vampires create ghouls sometimes on purpose, sometimes by hastiness. Ghouls can also spread the disease if they don't completely consume/kill their victims. Sort of like a werewolf bite.

Actually, if the ghoul lops off an appendage and eats it, the victim can typically run away and be safe, just missing the appendage. But if the ghoul takes a bite out of you, there is a good chance his/her saliva and particularly their blood (if they are bleeding or have open mouth sores etc which the ones in bad repair typically do) will infect you and you will eventually succumb.

Now, vampires who drain their victims beyond a certain point, but who don't kill them or turn them (drink the master's blood and then bury them for a while to suffocate them) will leave a ghoul as a remnant.

So in some sense, ghouls are vampire leftovers. There has not been a lot of "scientific studies" but likely it is "sparked" by the animus drain, and an infection of antimus from the vampire's saliva, etc that causes this infection.

So anyway, in the case that Talarius was dealing with, Sir Etrian (who is the brother of Sir Etrias another KRoT) fell under the sway of a vampire who turned Sir Etrian into a vampire; who sort of went on a half cocked power trip treating the village Talarius was at in Book 1 as a buffet table.

Word reached Arch-Vicar General Barabus who dispatched Talarius to deal with Sir Etrian and clean up the mess. Talarius is introduced as he finishes cleaning up the mess.

The situation, in Talarius' mind at least, was similar to what he believes happened to his love, the High Priestess Melissance a few years prior.

Edited by user Thursday, July 7, 2016 1:57:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#319 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:57:20 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Imagine his surprise when he finds out High Priestess Melissance's soul is still in the Abyss.

Oh, Book 3 is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Puck  
#320 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:17:42 PM(UTC)
Puck

It'll be interesting to say the least! Of course its all Tom's fault. As the reincarnation of the Demon Prince Orcus he is fully capable of plotting the capture of Talarius, Knight Rampants Lady love thousands of years ago. From oblivion. For some nefarious purpose. : I