The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline The Author Guy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:32:40 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 70 post(s)
To sign up for the Apostles of Doom Beta Demon Program click on the following link

Beta Demonize Me!

1) If you have posted in the Countdown to Beta topic, you have (or should have been) demonized already.
2) After clicking the link you should see a notice on the home page.
3) It will take several minutes to a few hours for forum access to become available due to the site to forum synchronization schedule.

To determine if you are "synchronized:" If you can see and have access to read the AoD Beta Demon Forum, you are good to go.

First ALPHA copy will be Friday September 2, 2016 in the evening.

First BETA copy (or 2nd Alpha copy) will be Monday September 5, 2016 in the evening.

Please read CountDown to Beta (or at least the end) to understand what is going on with the ALPHA version.

Tizzy

Edited by user Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:33:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Author Guy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2016 10:39:33 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I highly recommend people read the other FAQ topics in the Beta Demon only forum.

Obviously some things change, links in particular, however all the more general an philosophical things are still true.

In particular, it is very important to understand how being a beta demon can alter your view of the story and possibly ruin the "pure reading enjoyment" of the finished book.

You will read things that no one else will know about, you will be privy to alternate timelines and events that may never end up transpiring.

Last time, there were some radical changes that drastically improved the quality of the story. If a beta demon only read the first version, and not the final version, they would have read a very different book, and possibly a more disappointing one.
Offline chestnevsky  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 6:30:56 PM(UTC)
chestnevsky

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thank you for allowing to watch the process of writing these awesome books! I can't seem to find the link to the last book, though. I've looked all over the forum and couldn't find it. Any pointer appreciated!
Offline The Author Guy  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 12:45:56 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Hi,

It's in the shoutbox if you expand that but on screen if you go to the top menu you can find it under "The Books" | "Apostles of Doom Beta Book"

Offline Cresse  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:36:36 PM(UTC)
Cresse

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi,

I was trying to sign up, but I did not see any notification....
Could you tell me if it was successful?
Offline The Author Guy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:32:08 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Hi,

Until we actually get close to the sign up, this is just an informal list. About a week or so before a beta begins, I will go through this list and email everyone who posts in it so they can come in and click on the actual sign up link.

Although, to be fair, even when the sign up starts, the best way to tell is if you can see the Beta Forums for the book being beta'd, as the actual sign up just adds a group membership to your profile and gives you permissions on otherwise invisible forum topics and pages.

T-A-G