The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
12 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 7:44:07 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
How's Book Four coming along? figure it'll still be many months til release, but would like to hear how it's going. BigGrin
Offline Tizzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 9:19:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
All three are slugging along, he's gotten rather busy with other work this summer, so it is slower than he or I would like, but that's not always bad.

Sometimes if one pushes it too hard and fast, one gets blocked...that happened for a while on CoA:ITA, so he went to focus on the other two, which allowed CoA:ITA to percolate and the log jam cleared so he could then continue.

There will not be any betas before Q4, I fear....still hoping for Spring 2018 for v4 with the other two spaced a few months plus or minus.
Offline Dirk Flamberge  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2017 7:00:21 PM(UTC)
Dirk Flamberge

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Got it, thanks for the info.
Offline Lix Tetrax  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:47:55 PM(UTC)
Lix Tetrax

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

Its been a few months, any action on this front?
Offline Tizzy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:43:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Summer was bad, then his hand broke (severe tendinitis) and he had trouble typing and went on an unauthorized 2 week vacation at the end of August. It was then make up work on the day job but late September he started writing again.

He is back and going again, did some major edits and a few more chapters and scenes to v.IV and is actively back to making progress on CoA:ITW which had stalled due to OOA and v.IV

Personally, I think he bit off a bit too much in trying to actively write 3 books at the same time...even if they do criss-cross at points (which is a major reason he is writing all 3 at once)

Offline George  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:00:41 PM(UTC)
George

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Man, demons of Astlan is a good series. Though I wonder if it is possible that there are more books like demons of Astlan.
Offline Tizzy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:18:27 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: George Go to Quoted Post
Man, demons of Astlan is a good series. Though I wonder if it is possible that there are more books like demons of Astlan.

See the "Other Worlds" sections for suggestions from other people in the forums!
thanks 1 user thanked Tizzy for this useful post.
George on 10/19/2017(UTC)
Offline George  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 3:26:12 PM(UTC)
George

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: George Go to Quoted Post

See the "Other Worlds" sections for suggestions from other people in the forums!

Thanks a lot, Tizzy!
Offline Tizzy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 5:52:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

My pleasure!
Offline Grant  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 4:18:57 AM(UTC)
Grant

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

we need book 4 Tizzy help us please
Offline Tizzy  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 4:55:22 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

At the moment, T-A-G is out in deep space with a party of Orks. However, some stuff happening there will also be in Book 4, so that is sort of like stoning two harpies with one pipe.

I gotta be honest though, not a huge fan of the harpies, if I am honest, of all the Olympian ladies, I like Medusa the best, now she's someone who really knows how to get stoned!

Offline MommaGx3  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:39:15 PM(UTC)
MommaGx3

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
At the moment, T-A-G is out in deep space with a party of Orks. However, some stuff happening there will also be in Book 4, so that is sort of like stoning two harpies with one pipe.

I gotta be honest though, not a huge fan of the harpies, if I am honest, of all the Olympian ladies, I like Medusa the best, now she's someone who really knows how to get stoned!

Where can we sit down for some tasty Harpy Pie? It's the other white meat, you know... and cookies.
Mother of 3 little demon monkeys.... well, not so little anymore. *sniff* *sniff*
Offline Tizzy  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:14:02 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Talk about a foul fowl! Need very potent cookies to stomach those birds!

Probably why they're cooked down in pies, Sweeney Todd style, so you don't know what you are eating.

Offline GameGraphix  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:52:10 PM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
If humans are know as 'Long Pig' when severed as food, wouldn't Harpies be know as 'Long Bird'....

I'm sure that I saw Long Bird pie on the menu....
Offline Tizzy  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 11:43:23 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm

Did not get notification of this post....evil MS Wizards...???

I think that would work, but based on the smell of these things, Long Turd Pie might be more appropriate...
Offline GameGraphix  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 7:11:38 AM(UTC)
GameGraphix

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Tizzy, you're just so last century....Flapper

all the hipster demons are into eating Long Bird pie - a bit like smashed avocado on toast / bagel
Offline Tizzy  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 2:51:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

What can I say, I am a picky eater.

As I told Jenn on Asmeth's ship, I'm on a baby (4) food diet! Flapper

Actually, that's really for effect, I really don't enjoy eating babies, they're generally too mushy and fatty and oozing random fluids from every end. Orc babies are less mushy than human or elven babies but even so...don't really enjoy them.

To be honest, (don't tell anyone as it will ruin my demonic reputation) I'm actually a cookietarian! That is really all I've eaten for the last umpteen millennia.

Offline Konicomi  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:12:32 PM(UTC)
Konicomi

Any update on beta? Still all 3 planned for 1st quarter?
Offline Tizzy  
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:38:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

All 3 in one quarter would be a logistical nightmare! Even for someone like me with 4 hands to type and edit with! Betas are pretty intensive things for T-A-G.

The vaguely formed plans of T-A-G were to get the first one out in Q1, the second one sort of end of Q2 or in Q3 and fourth in Q4 or something like that.

However, his late January and all February was hijacked by crazy people wanting more work from him in exchange for money than he anticipated. Now, "in theory" March should return to normal, but the first of the Betas gets pushed into Q2, hoping end of April. That will almost certainly be OOA. He's been stuck in one (insanely long) chapter for the entire month! (and not because of writers block it's a great chapter, just no time)

How/what order the others are in is sort of up in the air still because while COA will be about half the length of Book 4, Book 4 has so much going on that it basically writes 2x as fast (i.e. stuck on one arc? do another, keep moving, never stop where as OOA and COA are single POV stories--one arc each)
thanks 1 user thanked Tizzy for this useful post.
Konicomi on 3/2/2018(UTC)
Offline Konicomi  
#20 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2018 7:56:58 AM(UTC)
Konicomi

Ah I figured after the successes of the first 3 volumes of the book T-A-G would be a millionaire and could ignore all the crazy people and just deal with the crazy demon in his ear XD. Its good to have an update thank you Tizzy.