The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
12 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#21 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2018 3:23:35 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
You would think that, but, he has to pay licensing and redistribution fees to me, so he's only left with enough money for coffee--and I mean plain boring coffee, not the Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM) which he can't drink, be mortal and what not.

Of course, even if he could drink it, the shipping and handling charges from the Abyss are prohitibive, although giving shipping times, it would probably cool off enough for a mortal to drink as long as they are good with a bit of mercury...

Offline Korwin  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:45:09 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
That makes sense. It's the fault of the demon! ;-)
Offline Tizzy  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:25:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Well, not my fault, he's incredibly lazy, and drinks a lot of coffee. If he wrote faster, he'd get money faster, have fewer months to drink coffee and so would have more after coffee take home pay.

Offline Bradyman  
#24 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 1:18:59 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Are there any updates? I want to give you my money.
Offline The Author Guy  
#25 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 2:10:37 AM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
And I want to take it!

Things are moving, but slowly. One big difference was that for the last 3 books I took time off (or more precisely had contracts end and didn't look for a next contract until book was done) and so could dedicate myself to getting the books done. I'm an IT consultant and basically work on contracts for something between 20 to 80 hours per week depending on the job and circumstances. So if I need time off, I just hold off on looking for a new contract when one ends.

For example it was 18 months between book 1 and 2. For book 1, I took time off, went in debt and released book 1, got money for that to pay debt, then worked full time for 9 months, then took 9 months off to write and release book 2. Still had some money from book sales, worked half time, then took about 6 months off and released book 3.

Picked up more work after book 3 and that still goes, it's about 3/4 time so have 1/4 time plus free time to work on book 4 and other books. Trying to avoid the "debt" thing because zero percent loans are disappearing fast. Plus the 3/4 time work just keeps coming and I don't want to quit it in the middle of work someone is paying me for...

But that's doable, however, this time around I am writing 3 books at the same time, which word wise should be about 2x the length of the previous books (i.e. book IV same length, other 2 books half length) and I am doing them with fewer hours in the day.

Gotta admit, probably shouldn't have done the spin offs right now, but they do cross over with the main story line so one way or the other, some of the stuff in them would have to be told--which means more POV and storylines and I think I am pushing that about as far as people can follow.

T-A-G

Offline Bradyman  
#26 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 2:28:48 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I just want to make sure I don't miss one of your books. I hate finding out that I could have been reading a book for a couple weeks but just didn't check. As long as you're still writing I'm happy. It would devastate me if you quit and I never found out what happens next.
Offline The Author Guy  
#27 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 2:24:11 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Thanks!

The only way this series doesn't get finished is if I'm relaxing some evening, enjoying some milk and that nice box of cookies someone left on my doorstep and some wizard captures me...

Of course, even then, I'd eventually finish the series, although it might be a few thousand years later...hopefully people will wait 2 or 3 thousand years between books...I mean, we all do it for GRRM...

Offline Korwin  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 3:24:22 AM(UTC)
Korwin

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: The Author Guy Go to Quoted Post
Thanks!

The only way this series doesn't get finished is if I'm relaxing some evening, enjoying some milk and that nice box of cookies someone left on my doorstep and some wizard captures me...

Of course, even then, I'd eventually finish the series, although it might be a few thousand years later...hopefully people will wait 2 or 3 thousand years between books...I mean, we all do it for GRRM...

Well I don't do it for GRRM, did not even finish his last book... Whistle
Offline Tizzy  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:58:18 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, technically, neither has he....(tWoW) summer is lasting remarkably long, even for Westeros....anything to put off winter...

That's the nice thing about the Abyss, no Winter, no White Walkers. Although, that's more for the benefit of the White Walkers, those pale pansies would get their butts melted against even Lilith's forces, let alone the Army of Doom! Although, we really do need to stock up on some more D'Orcs...

Offline Lyndrek  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:47:42 PM(UTC)
Lyndrek

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Well, technically, neither has he....(tWoW) summer is lasting remarkably long, even for Westeros....anything to put off winter...

That's the nice thing about the Abyss, no Winter, no White Walkers. Although, that's more for the benefit of the White Walkers, those pale pansies would get their butts melted against even Lilith's forces, let alone the Army of Doom! Although, we really do need to stock up on some more D'Orcs...

I don't think Tom is speciest. I see a lot of demons on this forum that would be willing to work at Mount Doom. Whether you are a D'orc or a Dork, better opportunities in the service of DOOM.
Offline Tizzy  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:00:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

He is pretty liberal, he did invite all those demons from Lilith's army into Doom.

There was some grumbling, as one might expect, but for having former enemies in one's living room things have been remarkably smooth.

I do have to say, the new DoomSpa attendants are quite friendly folk.

yeah, we've always had lots of others wandering around, gods, giants, demons, d'orcs, and others.

However, if your famous for your giant army of immortal kickass warriors---well people expect to see lots of them, so we do need to get some more d'orcs

But we're happy to have others, including the Tin Can of Tiernon....

Tizzy
Offline Centurion0507  
#32 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 2:44:37 PM(UTC)
Centurion0507

Seems like the demons of work ate the author, he seems a bit distracted of late. However, I do look forward to DOOOOOOOOMMMMM.
Offline Tizzy  
#33 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 2:50:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I've heard the Demons of Work are a pretty nasty lot.

Apparently this "Work" place is not the ideal Utopia that the Abyss is.

Apparently, it's the only place in the multiverse where people long to be in the Abyss.
Offline Centurion0507  
#34 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 5:38:25 PM(UTC)
Centurion0507

This is a very true point indeed, except for those rare instances where work is in fact a good place to be. At least mine is on certain days, where I get to go out and play with incredibly destructive devices.
Offline Tizzy  
#35 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 6:28:05 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Centurion0507 Go to Quoted Post
This is a very true point indeed, except for those rare instances where work is in fact a good place to be. At least mine is on certain days, where I get to go out and play with incredibly destructive devices.

IDD's? Now that sounds like a great perk! What demon doesn't love destroying things? I bet you'd have no trouble hiring in the Abyss.

The D'Orcs certainly love IDD's. As do orcs...

Although, to be honest, D'Orcs are sort IDD's themselves, Incredibly Destructive D'Orcs!
Offline Centurion0507  
#36 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 6:56:10 PM(UTC)
Centurion0507

D'Orcs would quite be happy with my services, for I am the guy who makes sure that the IDDs stay functioning and don't go boom on the user.
Offline Tizzy  
#37 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2018 7:16:11 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Super! well, should ever decide to move to the Abyss, you can definitely get a job a Doom.

They are very busy repairing a lot of their tech devices, they've been without electricity for about 4,000 years, things have gotten dusty...although at least not rusty, not in the Abyss....

You don't by any chance have experience with gravitational land mines? You know, you step on it and get sucked into a miniature black hole?

Those things are damn hard to get out of. Last time, it took me a very long time to get out, so I'm looking for some better ideas in case it happens again.

Offline Iume  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:39:19 AM(UTC)
Iume

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Centurion0507 Go to Quoted Post

IDD's? Now that sounds like a great perk! What demon doesn't love destroying things? I bet you'd have no trouble hiring in the Abyss.

The D'Orcs certainly love IDD's. As do orcs...

Although, to be honest, D'Orcs are sort IDD's themselves, Incredibly Destructive D'Orcs!

So, we should defer to the desire for demonstratively destructive D'orcs to defile and debase those damned elvish demesnes in a way most diabolical with devices of devastation?
Offline Tizzy  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:09:37 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Originally Posted by: Iume Go to Quoted Post

So, we should defer to the desire for demonstratively destructive D'orcs to defile and debase those damned elvish demesnes in a way most diabolical with devices of devastation?

Ack! Lume has been turned! He's now an Asset of Oorstemoth!

Or was he all along?

Think
Offline MommaGx3  
#40 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 4:12:56 PM(UTC)
MommaGx3

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

*gasp* slowly crawling toward the door.... "I must have moooooore...." My money is burning flames in my pocket for the next book. I just re-read 1-3 and now I'm jonesin.

Just find some magical modified demon weed that you can ground down and sprinkle across the computers, networks and servers of the peons that pull your attention away from what we all care about ... your book :D
Mother of 3 little demon monkeys.... well, not so little anymore. *sniff* *sniff*