The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
13 Pages«<111213
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline William Gerard Graves  
#241 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2024 12:29:31 AM(UTC)
William Gerard Graves

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

GRRM? Who is that?
Offline Adger Hatherton III, Esq  
#242 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2024 6:47:48 AM(UTC)
Adger Hatherton III, Esq

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: William Gerard Graves Go to Quoted Post
GRRM? Who is that?

Are you serious or trolling, here? George R. R. Martin, of course!

One major difference between the two is that T.A.G. is not a full time writer (and had insufficient income while trying to be a full time writer), while George R. R. Martin is a declared full time writer.

It's not clear if writer's block has been an issue for T.A.G., but it's well known that GRRM has had a massive amount of trouble finishing A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), never mind not having issues writing his prequel books.

Funny that this has been stated. I find myself wondering about that despair... whether to end it all, all hope of the return...

And then I find comfort in my appreciation for what's been provided. If that's all that can be produced, it's still well liked.

Thank you, T.A.G.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#243 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2024 7:09:12 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
TAG will finish Book 4, I know. At least he's not William E. Brown, who just dropped off the face of the earth. He and Tizzy still communicate with us at least. I've been watching Mr. Brown's Subscribestar, and he hasn't updated for nine months, after posting about a hiatus for health issues. Now no one even knows if he's still alive.

I mean, I assume TAG is alive, and Tizzy hasn't reanimated his corpse or something?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
#244 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2024 12:52:14 AM(UTC)
William Gerard Graves

Ok now I feel dumb, GRRM I should have made that connection.

And yes the current novels are a favourite and I do periodic rereads of them. They are long books and luckily I have a bad memory so I can just read it over and over until book 4.

Has TAG directly said what, if any issues he is having in the writing process?

I came on to the scene a bit late, not terribly up to date.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#245 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2024 2:42:12 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
United States

Has TAG directly said what, if any issues he is having in the writing process?

I came on to the scene a bit late, not terribly up to date.

Basically just an available time issue with his day job. It got very busy and just didn't slow down. Somewhere in there was a backtrack and rewrite of several chapters as well, I think. But I think it's mainly been time.

I think we need to bring back that Patron thing, where an obscenely wealthy individual maintains the artist as bragging rights. It's what Patreon is kinda supposed to be, without the added benefit of feeling like a favored pet of some rich human noble slob.

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

#246 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2024 12:26:02 AM(UTC)
William Gerard Graves

So time is the issue, tricky to deal with as we cannot buy him more time.

Unless we could recruit some Time Warriors?

Patreon thing is a good idea, I will be trying that out myself with my own original writing. Someday way in the future.

I wonder if there is a rich fan that can throw money at him.

A noble patron with much wealth.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#247 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2024 11:59:10 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

I wonder if there is a rich fan that can throw money at him.

A noble patron with much wealth.

If I had that kind of money, I absolutely would find TAG, and haughtily throw an actual bag of cash at him, while looking at everyone else around, sniff, and mutter "peasants". It would be hilarious!

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

#248 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2024 2:48:09 PM(UTC)
William Gerard Graves

Better yet drop a bag of gold at his feet. It is the wealth of the nobles, far superior then the meagre possessions of the peasantry.
Offline scweeb  
#249 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 11:23:32 AM(UTC)
scweeb

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Unverified Users

I honestly think the Patreon or subscribe star would be good options. I know I would feel comfortable donating something to help this series. I was also one who donated to E. William Brown and canceled it because lack of update. I know at least if I was to donate he would provide updates just like he is doing now.

Also like the saying goes time = money. If Patreon or subscribe star allows him to go part time or heck even full time writer then we have actually provided him time. I know thats what keeps me from being able to put out a finished writing project. Its hard to feel like you can dedicate with work and family and when you do get time you are lucky if you can get a 1000 word down.
Offline Randy Smith  
#250 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2024 4:11:34 AM(UTC)
Randy Smith

Groups: Registered, Unverified Users

Ok - Since this is a forum about Book 4 updates, I would just like to ask, "Is there any updates on when book 4 will be out?" I see a lot of post but not very many updates.
Offline Baalrog  
#251 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2024 4:38:16 PM(UTC)
Baalrog

Originally Posted by: Lunarmage Go to Quoted Post
Several of us have suggested Patreon several times now, and it has been shot down every time. I think one of the issues is what to offer to those of us who would support aside from early chapters. Maybe if someone can come up with suggested tier levels and rewards, TAG may finally give in. Or we could accept his answer and wait like normal people.

I wouldnt really care about early chapters or any other goodies.

If some money would help, then pls setup a patreon @Tizzy and @TAG.

Tell people upfront, that is mainly to support TAG so he might get some time for writing and that no direct benefits are coming from patreon and see how many people are willing to cough up a few bucks. Afaik u can even do it, that the pledges dont go actice until TAG makes it so if he is trying to gauge the level of support 1st.

Anyhow sign me up for anything that gets him back to more writing.

Cheers Baal

P.S.: If u do setup a patreon pls send out a notification. Only checking in here every other month.
Offline Lodrik  
#252 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2024 6:21:13 PM(UTC)
Lodrik

Originally Posted by: Randy Smith Go to Quoted Post
Ok - Since this is a forum about Book 4 updates, I would just like to ask, "Is there any updates on when book 4 will be out?" I see a lot of post but not very many updates.

No recent updates on the book... The main issue besides time (the need to work for a living) seems to be that "Oak Orks of the Antilles: Into The Night", "Doomsday" and "Into the Wilds" are interconnected, so rewrites are needed as the story progresses (tibits TAG mentioned about the early books also suggest some rewriting there before the books got published).

I am hopeful that we will get the books eventually and would happily support with Patreon if anything the author posts there is considered alpha/beta reader material (no need to post anything but I wouldnt want TAG to feel that its canon because it was posted there).
Offline Iume  
#253 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2024 1:27:54 AM(UTC)
Iume

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
It has been a while since there has been a post of any kind by TAG or Tizzy.
Offline Lodrik  
#254 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2024 11:37:15 AM(UTC)
Lodrik

The last Tizzy Post was in April... Lets hope he is to busy writing to entertain us peasants (he should get notifications anytime someone writes in the Forum but there havent been any substantial posts). I hope everything is fine.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#255 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2024 9:40:22 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

No, the last Tizzy post was June 15th when he setup the new fanfic forums. So I'm sure he and T-A-G are just really busy. I'd give it up to 6 months before we have to start worrying that Tizzy got pulled back into the Cenobite Trap, or some other Plane of Hurting Tizzy™.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Lodrik  
#256 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2024 7:14:10 PM(UTC)
Lodrik

ok, I didnt look into the fanfic so far >.<
#257 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2024 11:58:50 PM(UTC)
William Gerard Graves

Yeah, it was pretty cool for Tizzy to set up a whole subforum for my fanfic.

Then he disappeared, probably hopped up on demon weed and sailing the astral realm.

Perhaps he is lost and we should contact Boggy.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#258 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2024 1:01:11 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

United States

Unfortunately, I don't think Boggy has a connection to the forums. I know Tizzy still uses an AOL dialup connection, but I think that's only in his secret lair (demon weed cave). I don't think they ran lines over to Mount Doom.

Who is the Planar IntereXchange Carrier I wonder? Is the Abyss one LATA, or is it broken up into several LATA? So many questions! I bet the long distance tolls are literally hellish!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tisslils  
#259 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2024 5:41:50 AM(UTC)
Tisslils

Originally Posted by: Baalrog Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lunarmage Go to Quoted Post
Several of us have suggested Patreon several times now, and it has been shot down every time. I think one of the issues is what to offer to those of us who would support aside from early chapters. Maybe if someone can come up with suggested tier levels and rewards, TAG may finally give in. Or we could accept his answer and wait like normal people.

I wouldnt really care about early chapters or any other goodies.

If some money would help, then pls setup a patreon @Tizzy and @TAG.

Tell people upfront, that is mainly to support TAG so he might get some time for writing and that no direct benefits are coming from patreon and see how many people are willing to cough up a few bucks. Afaik u can even do it, that the pledges dont go actice until TAG makes it so if he is trying to gauge the level of support 1st.

Anyhow sign me up for anything that gets him back to more writing.

Cheers Baal

P.S.: If u do setup a patreon pls send out a notification. Only checking in here every other month.

I've previously suggested the same thing, and was shot down too. At this point, I think it's a writer's block since why would you refuse free money without expectations?