The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
18 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bradyman  
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 7:21:56 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

Groups: ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

That's how I was thinking, I don't see any possible way for her to betray Tiernon, but I really don't want to see her killed or anything. And it really seems like Tom is going to end up directly fighting Tiernon or at least some of his avatars or archons, which means he might have to kill her.
Offline Tizzy  
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:41:24 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Well, wound...she's already dead.

Of course, if she comes into the Abyss....that would be dangerous for. But otherwise on the planes of men/orcs, if she's killed she'll just pop back to Tierhallen. It would be very difficult to kill her there, what with all the avatars, archons and Tiernon himself.

In the Abyss...well then, we have homefield advantage and you know the saying. "What happens in the Abyss, stays in the Abyss."

We've had that saying trademarked for several thousand years. It's one of the best reasons to visit us. Although I am hearing disturbing rumors that some 'Courts of Chaos' wanna be city in the middle of a desert on some podunk low-mana world out near the fringes of reality has been violating our trademakr.

Offline Bradyman  
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 11:35:40 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

What happens to an avatar or Archon that is defeated in Tierhallon? Are they permanently destroyed, or are they invincible?

On a completely unrelated note, since the Tom's shaman links are similar to a priest link, will he eventually be able to set up a system like tiernon's if he wants to? Where his followers constantly send him power, but can occasionally access his power for a miracle? If so, he really needs to set that up, because a self sustaining system like that could be very beneficial. plus, free manna is free manna, and it will help his followers too. He can include his friends in the system too. Tizzy should enjoy this because it would mean a lot free manna for him.
Offline Bradyman  
#24 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 12:21:12 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

This is an idea that I doubt Tom would come up with by himself, but I could easily believe the D'orcs recommended to him.Tommus has an Incubus working for him, and followers that literally worship him in multiple planes. He should have Reggie do whatever it is that he does, to impregnate someone with someone else's kids, hopefully, it is just taking a bit of animus, if it is more detailed I don't wnat to here about it. But he should have Reggie get an orc or two in each clan pregnant with Tom's kids. The orcs would love, it, Tom's kids would be some of their strongest warriors, plus, THEY WORSHIP HIM. Once again, I don't think Tom would ever think of this , but I think the D'orcs would consider it an awesome idea.

Also, I would find it hilarious, if in the middle of this, while still carrying Tom's animus or whatever, Reggie was summoned by his accursed mistress, and given that circle of life juice or whatver it was that the Nyjyr Ennead intend to use to increase the population of their followers. Their would be tons of little half demon babies. or at least one or two. This would actually be great for the Nyjyr Ennead since they would have a bunch of followers with abnormally high animus and manna. It might be a bit embarassing for Tom, plus the child support might be a little much, but Tom can handle, he has rooms full of gold and precious gems, plus, only the oostemothians would be dumb enough to go to the abyss to force him to pay child support if he missed a payment ( I am assuming that Tom would not be a deadbeat on purpose). Either way, it would be a pretty good story.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#25 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:49:30 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Bahaha!!! That would be hilarious, as I think it'd probably throw the Nyjyr Ennead's plans way out of whack. Still, it'll never happen. It would be waaaay too weird. We don't know how incubus "receive" animus, now do we? Sounds vaguely disturbing when you remember that not only is Tom a virgin, but Reggie is also a friend of his. So don't think that little wrinkle will happen. Though if it does...heheheh.

Reread THH again, and got to thinking about that balling that Antefalken did of the final battle. Just wondering what kind of publicity that's going to get. I can see bootleg copies floating around the Courts, pissing off Lilith, Sam, and...well, everyone. Not to mention when copies get out to Lenamare, the CoW, and the alvar. Good times, good times.

In fact, I hope that's one of the first scenes in Apostles of DOOOOOOM™.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Bradyman  
#26 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:01:04 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

I forgot about that. it will be hilarious. Just imagine living with a medieval level of technology, and then you see a fight with lightsabers, lasers, and gravity cannons. Not to mention a demon that can apparently suck the life out of chaos knights with a thought. Plus certain people will be able to recognize Sekmet and her sphinxes. Sentir fallon is really going to freak, he will recognize sekmet, and he believes that Tom is Orcus. Seeing them work together, and kicking ass while doing so, is going to terrify him. Now that I think about it, these books need to be made into movies, if only for that scene,( Not that the whole series isn't movie worthy, but I really want to see that fight if it is half as awesome as I imagined while reading it, it would be one of the best movie battles ever).
Offline Bradyman  
#27 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:20:30 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

I have been looking around, and having seen much speculation about Rupert, and rumors and speculation seems like the best place to ask, Is it possible that in the future tom becomes a Chronomaster or temporamaster or whatever the time warriors had and Rupert is his kid? It makes a lot more sense than there being a demon that looks similar to Tom, that is powerful enough to have a greater demon son and still be unknown. OR an even crazier idea: the cocordenaux has been travelling the planes as a mortal for millenia, he has had several kids, maybe in low mana planes they don't manifest as demons unless they are summoned. Tom and Rupert are brothers and their father is the concordenaux, the only demon powerful enough to have a greater demon half-demon son. I know there are a few holes, but it is a fun theory. So, would a half demon kid on earth necessarily manifest as a demon, or could it lie dormant?

Edited by user Sunday, November 29, 2015 4:23:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: I phrased something really weirdly

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#28 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:03:25 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Bradyman Go to Quoted Post
I forgot about that. it will be hilarious. Just imagine living with a medieval level of technology, and then you see a fight with lightsabers, lasers, and gravity cannons.

Magic. That's all anyone will see.

I have been looking around, and having seen much speculation about Rupert, and rumors and speculation seems like the best place to ask, Is it possible that in the future tom becomes a Chronomaster or temporamaster or whatever the time warriors had and Rupert is his kid?

I was speculating earlier on something similar to this. I suspect that it MIGHT have something to do with the World Gate. Phaetus said in THH that the World Gate can go "anywhere in the multiverse where another World Gate is. Any distance in space, any distance in time" (emphasis is mine). I can see a scenario similar to several in the Stargate SG-1 series, where a malfunction, accident, attack, or anomaly skipped someone through time. However, given Tom's current attitudes toward sex and love, I'm having trouble getting him into a position to father a child, then leave. He would never willingly leave someone he's made a child with, which would indicate a tragedy that would significantly bring down the light mood prevailing in the first two books. Still, I suppose it could happen if it was couched as a continuity problem. You know, "Do this, and do it this way, or Rupert will never exist."

Similarly, I have a problem with your scenario, as it would require Tom to DELIBERATELY go back in time, find Rupert's mom, have sex, conceive Rupert, then leave her for ten years, then NOT interfere as she's stoned to death. While I suppose it's possible, it seems really out of character.

OR an even crazier idea: the cocordenaux has been travelling the planes as a mortal for millenia, he has had several kids, maybe in low mana planes they don't manifest as demons unless they are summoned. Tom and Rupert are brothers and their father is the concordenaux, the only demon powerful enough to have a greater demon half-demon son. I know there are a few holes, but it is a fun theory. So, would a half demon kid on earth necessarily manifest as a demon, or could it lie dormant?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Tizzy, is there something you'd like to tell us?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Bradyman  
#29 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:22:30 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

The just seeing magic thing is a good point.

I missed the thing about time travel with the world gate. That seems much more likely. What if the time travel occurs in the far future, where Tom is more of a stereotypical demon, and is fine with leaving Ruperts mother. Or if in the past, something happens and Tom is bound by someone and is forced to leave her. Or worst case scenario, Tom goes to the past, meets Rupert's mother, fathers rupert, and then gets killed so badly that it takes years to reform, or is even completely destroyed.

Or maybe Tom never meets Ruperts mother, and it is all somehow orchestrated by Tizzy, using an incubus. No matter what, Tizzy was probably the first to know about it.
Offline Bradyman  
#30 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:28:38 AM(UTC)
Bradyman

Is Rupert, Rupert's real name? If I was a young, vulnerable half-demon ( bit of an oxymoron there) going to a wizard school run by someone like Lenamare, I would never give them my real name, just in case they somehow found out. Actually if I was ANYONE getting close to a school run by someone like Lenamare, I would use a fake name. You cant trust wizards.
Offline Tizzy  
#31 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:25:19 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Lot of ground, interesting....

What Tom does along the way of shaman/priests/links/mana etc is all tied up in the story to come; as a hint, the whole Doom thing is also tied in.

I do point out that apostles are used to spread the word of a deity and establish a church, or at least what these apostles named Peter and Paul did.

Hmm, I wonder if they ever sang with Mary Magdalene? They could call themselves "Peter, Paul and Mary" and sing about magic dragons...

Unfortunately, as you will see, things are going to get a bit more complicated yet, on that front in book III.

I can't say much because I'm sworn to eternal secrecy.

Offline Bradyman  
#32 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 8:53:34 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

Well that's disappointing, too bad demons are famous for their honesty and keeping their word. I'll never be able to get you to reveal your secrets.
Offline Tizzy  
#33 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 9:05:30 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

You are correct, I am like an impenetrable vault when it comes to keeping secrets!

For example, no one knows that I grow my pipe stuffing in a secret chamber in my cave! Got all sorts of grow lamps and such.

But I am the only person that knows that!

Oh, I forgot to answer the Rupert question. Rupert is his common name; he also has a family name, i.e. last name, which if his parents were not married, is his mother's last name. He also, more than likely, has a true name, which may contain Rupert in it, but will be far more complex.

Somewhere in book 1 discussions on this forum there is a long discussion on true names and how one discovers them.

Offline Bradyman  
#34 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 9:11:12 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

Okay, thats good, I didn't want Lenamare to be able to look at his school records and then be able to capture Rupert and interrogate him.
Offline Tizzy  
#35 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 9:44:54 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Reasonably certain that "True Name" is not on Lenamare's enrollment application.

However, pretty sure necromancers do ask for that at some point; same with other dark magi and such. You know, sort of sign yourself into slavery to the master wizard in order to learn his/her secrets.

Key point being, as a dark wizard lord, you want to have solid reigns on your minions lest they try to rebel, overthrow you and use the dark magic you taught them to screw you over.

Offline Bradyman  
#36 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2015 9:52:15 PM(UTC)
Bradyman

I wouldn't put anything past Lenamare.
Offline Tizzy  
#37 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 3:44:22 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Good point. If Lenamare did so, I hope Rupert lied. He was purposefully hiding as a human.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 2:47:38 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

I wonder if Rupert even knows his true name?

I'm sure if he does, and that was on the application, he would put down a false true name. He's been pretty smart about things most of the time.

Apostles of DOOOOOM™ promises to start the Church of Tommus, Dark God of the Abyss, Emperor of Evil, and All-Around Badass Demon Dude. Imagine what Tom will have to say about THAT! <jiggle>

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 3:55:07 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yeah, I fear he might be one of the commitmentphobes.

It will take a lot of persuasion.

But I will do it, because I want to be the demon responsible for collecting the sacrificial virgins!

YES,yes...I know; Tom won't let me sacrifice their lives, but how can he object to sacrificing their virginity?

Hmm, I don't know, we might have trouble getting gelatinous cube worshipers. Do gelatinous cubes have virginity to sacrifice? As I recall don't you guys reproduce by splitting in two?

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 11:10:34 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Virgin or not, they all taste like chicken.

Yes, we tend to get pieces cut off and just grow another. If I see anymore of the little buggers around here, I'll absorb them, too! As a species, we're not the most...cooperative. Still, occasionally a couple of us will end up meeting, and we'll swap pseudopods. A little slimy pseudopod action...mmm. I'm sure you've seen those moving pictures on the internet. There's a Rule 34 for everything!

Tom will take some management to get him to conquer the Astlan plane, but we have faith in you, Tizzy!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)