The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
18 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 6:16:53 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Hmm, could be, or maybe it happens in the middle of AOD?

Maybe he goes on a mission to rescue her? Of course, he'd probably need to get War Arrow into the Abyss, along with barding and a lance so he could charge Asmodeus.

<jiggle> I can see that! Though, I'm wondering if he'll ask Tom for help, or just ask to go. Talarius has shown that his oaths can be superseded, but in THH, he seems to have regretted breaking his oaths for ANYthing, so it may be that the oath of hostage he gave Tom might actually cause him some internal grief before he breaks it to pieces.

I somehow doubt he'll want to ask Tom for help. Although...he may twist the oath to his benefit. It's generally accepted that a hostage must be protected from harm. If Talarius were to wander off to the courts to confront Smody, he'd very likely get harmed. So, he may corner Tom into helping with the oath. I doubt he'd ever believe Tom would just help. After all, that's not something a Dark Overlord does, right?

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:55:50 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Nope, none of the Dark Overlords that I have met would do that.

It would be very demon like of Talarius to twist the oaths around to force Tom to help him.

I like that, it would be very corrupting.

Applause
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:17:43 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Nope, none of the Dark Overlords that I have met would do that.

It would be very demon like of Talarius to twist the oaths around to force Tom to help him.

I like that, it would be very corrupting.

Applause

Well, Antefalken DID say he was like a demon in the Abyss.

...I wonder if he could be summoned?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:45:47 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I rather doubt that. However, I am sure Lenamare would try, as would Exador both are power hungry ego maniacs.

But I also point out that the Concordenax has been missing longer than Antefalken has been a demon, so he is working on Court mythology and preconceptions.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:59:08 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Yeah, you're right. Of course, Antefalken could've just been messing with his head. You and Ante seemed to take a little more pleasure than the others in baiting Talarius. <jiggle>

Not that he didn't deserve it.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#66 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:05:58 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Baiting?

Nah. I just speak my mind. Dancing

Speaking truth to power is what jesters are for!

Angel
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#67 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:44:12 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

A couple of amusing things popped into my thoughts this morning.

What if...

There are geeky demons that trade the equivalent of trading cards for major demons, gods, and other extra-planar creatures. Maybe that's why Lesteroth knows about Sekhmekt. He has her card! It's likely a rare foil, too. How long will it be before Tom gets a card? And leading into that...

How long before Tom has to deal with GROUPIES. <jiggle> Would they call themselves Tommies? Mmm, FanToms?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#68 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 10:00:43 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, technically I think Vaselle is a groupy.

There may be some others that were at the battle that we haven't seen yet.

I think you've given me a good idea for a new business for Boggy and I, we are always looking for good businesses to start. We are business partners after all. I just need to find some artistic demons and some painting supplies and really tiny brushes...

Probably need to get imps, most of them are small enough that a trading card would be notepad sized....

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#69 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 2:04:21 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Ooo, you could use Denubian wyrmwood cardstock and heat resistant paint. If you get the imps to draw and design the cards, you can use a few gems from the Doom Caves, and outsource the reproductions to a mid-tech Earth. Real gold-foil rare cards. You could make a metric crap-ton of money. Just be sure to make Tom's card super bad-ass, and Bess's card with her in a sexy pose.

...I do love a cat-girl.

Really, I just want to see Tom's reaction when he has groupies (and grope-ies) looking for his autograph, or to sign his trading card. <jiggle>

It occurs to me that the way Estrebrius was hyperventilating when he first met Tom, that he'd be one of your first customers. I really hope we get to concentrate a little more time on Vaselle and Estrebrius in Apostles of DOOOOOOM. I kind of liked that duo. And I believe Vaselle's a little more than a groupie. He's a full-on convert.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#70 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 4:05:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, Estrebrius was scared of being ripped into by a super powered greater demon.

I know Boggy, I and Antefalken come off as cuddly, huggable and lovable, but many demons aren't as pleasant as we are. Particularly the really powerful ones. Exador is a good example; as for that matter the same is true of Lillith. She can be cranky if you barge in on her.

I think that's what he was expecting/fearing when he met Tom.

They will be doing stuff, Vaselle is going to be critical for helping Tom establish connections and get things up. Remember his specialties are Rune Magic and Conjury, so he's going to be the go to guy for making new magic items. Not only cooling necklaces, but portals and things.

The big problem Tom has at this moment is that he brought most all of his link buddies to the Abyss; and thus he had no easy way to return them to their homeworlds/cities. That will have to change; he will need more independent mechanisms to travel the planes.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#71 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 5:41:52 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

The big problem Tom has at this moment is that he brought most all of his link buddies to the Abyss; and thus he had no easy way to return them to their homeworlds/cities. That will have to change; he will need more independent mechanisms to travel the planes.

I wonder how the other Demon Princes and archdemons do that? It seems they can pop up just about anywhere they like.

Edited by user Friday, December 18, 2015 5:43:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#72 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 6:50:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes they do.

They must of learned some secret. There is discussion of this in Book 3.

There are two things that make this difficult

1) finding the right plane out of a infinite number
2) finding the right place on the right plane, when presumably most planes are close to infinite
3) once you get the right planet (assuming there are planets--not the case in the Abyss) you got to find the right continent, the right spot and make sure it is not occupied.

You note how gods and saints always appear to followers? I think they are following the links to those followers and just somehow creating a portal out of nothingness.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#73 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 7:00:19 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Well, it certainly sounds safer to follow a link. We know Tom can follow a link, and create a gateway using nearby fire. I suspect he doesn't need to use the fire, though.

I also think he doesn't need to use a gateway. All he would have to do is fade in/out. Naturally lately he's been a glorified freight hauler. But being able to go somewhere without a prior link sure would help out right now getting everyone back home. I'm fairly certain he can come up with something if everyone will give him some time to think about it.

Hmm, that sparked an idea. Tom needs a workroom to do these experiments and stuff. Also probably wouldn't hurt to have Phaestus give him a tutorial on the World Gate.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#74 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 9:11:55 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

As you will see, there are plenty of work rooms and spaces in Mount Doom.

Orcus did have a good number of D'Orc shamans as well as human (and other) animages, rune mages etc.

Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#75 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 4:54:29 PM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

This question has probably been asked many times but when is the 3rd book coming out because fire is currently pouring out of my eyes because my daily dose of DOA is extremely low
Offline Tizzy  
#76 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2015 11:48:44 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

T-A-G hasn't said; other than there is a good 3 month lag" between the first draft and publication. This is for beta reading/editing and sending it to the editor.

At the moment T-A-G is writing two related books, The Chronicles of Astlan: Into the Wilds which will join up with DoA in late book III or maybe IV. And DOA:AOD. This is to expand on things happening elsewhere that are related/important, but is split off for more detail and less POV swapping.

AOD is further along word count wise, but CoA:ITA will probably come out first since its (in theory at the moment) about half the size of AOD.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#77 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 3:01:58 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Well, now we ALL have something to look forward to. Merry ChristmasHanukkahKwanzaaFestivusCthulhuDaySolstice to us!

Speaking of which, do demons celebrate any holidays other than "Killed my Accursed Master Day"?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#78 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 4:04:22 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Festivus is the only universal holiday that I can think of.

I personally look forward to the airing of the grievances.

Followers of certain demon lords celebrate special events in their overlords history (conquests etc)

I recently discovered that D'Orcs had been observing "The Day" as a very solemn festival, that was the day of "The Incident"

However, this year it was celebrated as "Oath Day" it may end up being followed by "Victory Day" which is the day after when the KoC and Lilith's army were defeated.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#79 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 1:51:33 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Any excuse to party, I suppose. D'Orcs seem to take their parties really seriously. I kind of like that.

I hope one of these short stories you and T-A-G have been teasing us with mentions some of this stuff.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#80 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 4:56:17 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

They used to take them very seriously (so to speak--party hard), but I am pretty sure the last 4000 years was a bust on that front.

They lost most of their offworld access overtime. From what I've overheard, they had some shamans that might have been able to go off world for a while but after those guys gave up and died, they were stuck in the abyss.

Now, they could have traded with other groups in the Abyss, they said they did; using the mineral wealth of doom, but not sure what the other groups might have had for booze. Plus, I suspect they were fairly sad parties since they were all suffering from massive depression and despair...so I can only imagine all their parties were pity parties.

That might be interesting, I am pretty sure Antefalken could do some interviews to get stories from the interregnum and, of course, I could tell some stories of the Orcus days...at least those that I remember. After a while, I mainly showed up for the parties, and I don't completely remember many of those...as I said they were very good parties.