The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
18 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 3:47:31 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Thanks!

It would be a lot easier if he ate my cookies, but so far he hasn't tried one.

The cookies really help with anxiety, insecurity, tension, glaucoma, lack of appetite....

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 1:46:25 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Oooo, yeah. Seems whenever Tom tries something strong in the Abyss, he gets stronger. Remember when he tried Denubian ChocoCoffee™ the first time? It allowed him to see and manipulate binding links for the first time. Wonder what your cookies would allow him to do? Maybe he'd get the munchies and eat a soul, or see into Astlan without a link! Farseeing cookies! Ooo, then he could just fade out to Astlan anytime and anywhere he wanted.

You know, I'm pretty sure he could break Lenamare's link if he really tried. It's only a fourth order binding. Of course, with it he can find out exactly where Lenamare is. He could also use it to pop in when Lenamare is sleeping and off him.

He's not using his resources to their fullest!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#43 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:35:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Yeah the cookies could probably help him on that.

Mortals love demon weed as very small doses greatly facilitates all sorts of transcendental states.

Seers, Voyagers, Sorcerers, Summoners, Link Masters, Shamans, many Druids etc all love demon weed and use it in their rituals and practices.

It's great for astral projection and all sorts of things like that.

The problem of course is that it's not as effective on demons as it is for mortals. It's sort of like x-glargh vs glargh. Glargh gets mortals wasted, but it takes x-glargh to effect demons. You can imagine what x-glargh would do to a mortal. Well...actually you don't, if they drink very much they die, otherwise they get very sick.

Very odd how normal alcohol doesn't really affect demons, we have to have Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM), x-glargh, blood wine or several other demonic beverages; whereas avatars seem to be affected by normal alcohol. Or at least the ones in the second book really enjoy it.

Offline Al'mudo  
#44 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:10:46 PM(UTC)
Al'mudo

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post

Very odd how normal alcohol doesn't really affect demons, we have to have Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM), x-glargh, blood wine or several other demonic beverages; whereas avatars seem to be affected by normal alcohol. Or at least the ones in the second book really enjoy it.

Was wondering the same...maybe the angels need the x-beverages and other avatars can get drunk...or are those senior archons angels too??
Offline Tizzy  
#45 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 10:11:49 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, I've never met any of these fellows so not sure.

However, there are basically three types of avatars (mostly):

Prophets (living),
Saints (formerly living),
Archons=Angel/Dark Angel (presumably never living but people make the same assumption about demons, so who knows?) [as far as I know the Etonians don't have angels, or rather they call them Archons different religions have different titles]

Also according to T-A-G, Beragamos sprouted wings and flew to the Palaestra, so pretty sure he's an angel.

It's not clear to me if saints move up to become angels?

Perhaps if a saint hangs around long enough, does enough good work they get promoted, a little bell rings and they get wings?

Not sure, but it sounded like the angels/archons were getting drunk.

I do however KNOW that gods can be affected by normal alcohol. There are tons of stories (myths) about gods getting drunk off their buttocks and doing stupid things. It's caused an awful lot of misery for the rest of reality.

In particular Phaestus' family members (particularly Dionysus) are renowned for their drunken debauchery.
Offline EyeDeKay  
#46 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2015 3:30:45 AM(UTC)
EyeDeKay

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I thought the links for God's and mana clouds or whatever they are called couldn't come to the abyss.
Offline Tizzy  
#47 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2015 5:34:35 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

The links get cut off to their gods; this is correct. You can't directly have a link between the Abyss and the Outer Planes. This oddity is critical to keeping the gods and their minions out of the Abyss.

However, there is no reason that gods can't come into the Abyss. They just get cut off from their god pools and pantheon pools so all they have are their own (considerable) mana resources.

As you may have noticed, Bestat and friends are all hanging out in their Outpost here, Phaestus spends a LOT of time here (more on that in book iii) and Sekhmekt was here. Phaestus has compared it to being naked/unarmed/defenseless, or feeling weak like with a cold or flu depending on how reliant the god is to doing without their god pool/pantheon pools. He's spent so much time here (tens of thousand years+) that it doesn't bother him that much.

Clerics can only do very simple spells and rituals powered by whatever mana they have on hand (which is typically less than a wizard would have since most of the time any mana a cleric collects is shoved up the link to the god/pantheon pools)

In order for a god to come to the Abyss, they either need to go to the Planes of Men first, or use alternate methods to those they normally use.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 3:58:13 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

However, there is no reason that gods can't come into the Abyss.They just get cut off from their god pools and pantheon pools so all they have are their own (considerable) mana resources.

Gods in the Abyss. Sounds like a D'Orc Doom Metal band!

Of course, there is also the problem that if the alvar find out, the two will be going to alvaran jail, or maybe the stake for consorting with the FOE.The alvar appear quite calm and rational to most humans, but the really are a rather bloodthirsty lot when riled up.

Oh...I just had a thought. What if the alvar DO find out, and tie up Jenn and Gastropè for a good burning at the stake, and as the flames leap up, Tom uses the fire to pull them out and save their lives! SQUEEE!!!

Yeah the cookies could probably help him on that.

Mortals love demon weed as very small doses greatly facilitates all sorts of transcendental states.

The problem of course is that it's not as effective on demons as it is for mortals. It's sort of like x-glargh vs glargh. Glargh gets mortals wasted, but it takes x-glargh to effect demons. You can imagine what x-glargh would do to a mortal. Well...actually you don't, if they drink very much they die, otherwise they get very sick.

Oh, oh, another thought! Your magic cookies dunked in Denubian Choco-Coffee™! Now THAT will knock your socks off! If...you know...you wear socks...or have feet.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 4:41:48 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

The cookies are very good in Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM)!

Elves don't normally burn people at the stake. The tie them to a tree and then turn them into pincushions with arrows.

The (Green) Arrow (on CW) thinks he knows how to torture people with arrows, but he's got nothing on elves. Wicked nasty unpleasant people.

Good idea for the Doom band. Will suggest it to them!

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 5:11:48 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Ok, quick question. Do the Denubians require it to be Denubian Choco-Coffee(TM), or Denubian Choco-Coffee™?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:58:27 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, it's a question of what you can do, either will work. They prefer the superscript, of course, but since that's a magic that I don't know, I use the parenthesis.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#52 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 7:38:57 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

That's actually a very simple incantation. For a copy of the balling of when Jenn finds out about Tom, I'll show it to you. Angel
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#53 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 11:34:45 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

In order to get that I am going to have to stalk her with a crystal ball. You do know that's going to make her a bit paranoid that something is up?
Offline Ba'al-Abaddon  
#54 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:24:09 AM(UTC)
Ba'al-Abaddon

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

After all Jenn's seen I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't even care
Offline Al'mudo  
#55 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 1:04:23 PM(UTC)
Al'mudo

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Long long ago, Tizzy once said that the author has an interesting concept about "Warewolves"...So are we going to find out in Book 3?

Also, what about Talarius' one true love?? Is he going to remember/realise or just find out?? Is he gonna rescue her?? Alone/with Tom and company??

Moreover, whose appostles are Stevos and Teragdor ??
Offline Tizzy  
#56 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 3:38:14 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I think he meant the werewolves are in a different book/series.

I should imagine there are werewolves in Astlan, since the word exists in their languages or at least I can say it and people know what I mean, so I assume the myths exists, and if a myth exists, it must be true.

Well from what I read, Asmodeus has plans to use her against Talarius, and probably Tom too. He said he had located her.

Those guys are Tiernon's apostles I would guess. Not sure it's an exactly accurate title.

Although if you treat the word apostle as being a sort of synonym for harbinger then they would be harbingers of doom aka apostles of doom as well.

Of course, strictly speaking, apostles are followers and harbingers go ahead. In one mythology I read about, the Harbinger was a guy named John the Dunker (he went around dunking people's head under water in rivers) and he was a harbinger for a prophesied messiah. Then after that messiah came and violently went (as they so often do) his apostles Peter, Paul and Mary went around singing about him, his love, lemon trees and his magic dragon.

So maybe the next book should be called Harbingers of Doom. It sounds so much more ominous, and you so seldom get to use that word. However, it doesn't roll of the tongue quite as well.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#57 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 4:22:38 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

It would really be neat to see some werewolves in AOD. I've always thought they were much cooler than vampires. Vampires always remind me of leeches or mosquitoes. Plus, Warren Zevon didn't do a "Vampires of London", did he? I'd think that werewolves would be an integral part of the FOE...if they're not just a myth in Astlan.

I suspect (because I'm a cynical Cube), that the Talarius/True Love adventure will occur in Book 4. We'll need an awesome cliffhanger for Book 3, and Talarius finding out about his True Love right at the end of AOD will do that nicely. Dun-dun-DUUUUUN!!!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#58 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 5:28:23 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

There you go, stereo typing good and evil...why do you assume there are no good guy werewolves?

And I'm sorry but if you are a werewolf and you live in London or Paris and want a snack, you got what? Rats, dogs, cats and humans. Clearly humans make the most sense for a full meal.

Sure, some cops might have horses, but not that many of them, they'd be harder to find.

So if you are looking for a good meal, you need to chowdown on someone in a dark alley, park or subway, no other options.

And if you think that's evil, well, I point out that neither werewolves nor vampires are maintaining giant feedlots of people, nor raising them in tiny cages where they can't turn around.

Nor do they use semi-automatic rifles to hunt. They realize such things (feedlots, military weaponry) are not sportsmanlike and ruins the "thrill of the hunt" after all, it's the adrenaline and other high stress hormones rushing through the terrified and fleeing prey that give the meat that extra bit of flavor.

Speaking of evil and unsportsmanlike, let me once again wage war on the most unspeakably terrifying predators on any planet: Vegetarians!

Carnivores (unless they cheat with feedlots) have to chase down and kill their prey; but at least the prey has a chance to run away, to escape.

Vegetarians on the other hand prey on stationary targets that can't run away. Imagine the terror of the poor carrot, stuck in the ground as the vegetarian walks openly up to it and plucks it out of the soil.

Then it brutally cuts is mouth off (the greens) and skins it alive, and EATS IT ALIVE! Yes, you know that vegetarians often eat their prey alive, of course some times the boil or bake their victims alive first.

But you note how if you put green onions or any onions in the fridge, say in water? They keep growing! And how you can dice up and plant a potato and it will grow (or sometimes grow on it's own in the pantry?) Vegetables are alive and if you eat them raw, you are literally eating them alive!

At least with a werewolf, the victim bleeds to death relatively quickly, or when their heart is ripped out!

But no, those evil vegetarians eat their victims alive ignoring the poor vegetables silent screams of agony!

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#59 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 7:47:34 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

What I was stereotyping was that werewolves would be too cool to WANT to be in the FOG! That's something a lame, sparkly, emo vampire would do!

And "Werewolves of London" would SO be my ringtone if I was a werewolf.

As a certified member of the "Eat anything organic" club, I can't throw stones at vegetarians, though they do seem to be on the slightly unhinged side to me.

BTW, your attempt to sidetrack me from the AOD cliffhanger of Talarius/True Love failed. I still think the last paragraph will be Talarius finding out about his lady. <jiggle>

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:20:50 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, could be, or maybe it happens in the middle of AOD?

Maybe he goes on a mission to rescue her? Of course, he'd probably need to get War Arrow into the Abyss, along with barding and a lance so he could charge Asmodeus.