The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
18 Pages«<34567>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 2:07:48 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Oooh! Something else I hope we see in AOD.

In ITA, when Jehenna and Lenamare are in Freehold trying to find out where The Book is, Jehenna mentions that Lenamare could send his other demons on a wide scan search, and Lenamare gives a listing of his more reliable demons. "I've only got two thirds, three seconds, and three firsts."

Will we get to meet these other demons in AOD, or the short stories? I wonder if he will send one of his other demons to find Tom? I still say Tom can break those master/slave links. What if he broke Lenamare's links to his other demons? Just stole them from him?

Regardless, it'd be interesting to get another account of Lenamare from another demon's viewpoint.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

"Because there's always a 10x10-foot room for Jell-O"
Offline Tizzy  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:46:58 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Hmm, I like this idea just on general principle. Demonic slavery is an abomination, a stain upon the souls of mortals.

Pretty sure every church teaches this: summoning, binding and controlling demons, and other agents of darkness is a SIN; it is Evil!

That is one of the few things I can agree with them on.

Of course on the other hand, demons binding wizards as warlocks is a Public Service. Someone has to control these insane wizards who go around randomly summoning very dangerous demons. Bystanders often get dismembered! Very irresponsible of these wizards.

AND! Since we demons already live in the Abyss, and are "by definition" damned to eternal torment and agony, any sin or evil attached to stealing the free will and soul of a wizard is pretty negligible compared to our over all evil levels; which, by definition are all at 100% or higher.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:56:29 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Groups: AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post

AND! Since we demons already live in the Abyss, and are "by definition" damned to eternal torment and agony, any sin or evil attached to stealing the free will and soul of a wizard is pretty negligible compared to our over all evil levels; which, by definition are all at 100% or higher.

Not to take attention away from my most awesome idea of Lenamare's other demons showing up in AOD, and I may regret asking this, but...

How evil would you have to be for your overall evil levels to be OVER 100%?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:57:16 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I will leave that question for Lillith.

She's the best judge of evil.

Although by her normal metric, the most evil is probably her "husband" Sammael. Although I suspect that is more just vitriol.

In fact, I am sure, if he claimed to be the Supreme Evil (and he often does) she would object and call him a goody-two-shoes pansy.

Love, it's a splendiferous thing.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#85 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 3:42:15 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Oh, oh! Another thought popped up!

Ok, I'll have to re-re-re-read the appropriate section, but I don't remember Lenamare and/or Jehenna actually mentioning Tom's new possible "status" to Hortwell/Trisfelt in THH. Now, I doubt Trisfelt would summon any demon, it's just not his forte', but Hortwell might. Since I'd like to see him and Zargoffelstan again, wouldn't it be a hoot if Hortwell attempted to summon Tom now?
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#86 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 5:40:52 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

They have all seen the balling by this point.

Hortwell was in the Council Chamber the first time and was there getting drunk with the others afterward.

Hortwell didn't do much in Book II; don't recall the guy even getting any lines. I don't know about wizards, but if were an actor, that would significantly affect his pay.

Hortwell strikes me as someone too prepared/paranoid to try summoning a greater demon that has flumuxed both Jehenna and Lenamare. In particular, he knows about the ring incident with Jehenna.

You know, I haven't seen Zargy in a very long time. He was never big for hanging around the bars in the Courts. Mainly stuck to his cave. I should go visit him some time. Of course, there's a lot of folks I haven't seen in some time. That's the problem with being as popular and widely admired as I am in the Abyss. Just don't have the time for making as many social calls as I'd like.

It is odd, though, you'd think more of my friends would visit me?

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#87 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:26:54 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

D'Oh! You're right. I forgot about the balling (that just sounds dirty every time). And Hortwell is far too careful to do something so rash. Still, I think it would be funny. Maybe Zargoffelstan will cross paths with Tom again! Don't know why I like those two. I just think there's some interesting stories there.

Edit: And Tizzy, you're too concentrated. They can only take you in small doses! No one wants watered-down Tizzy.

Edited by user Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:28:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#88 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 11:01:01 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Hmm, that does make a lot of sense.

I'm sure they often feel overwhelmed by my effervescent personality.

Too much of a good thing.

Applause

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#89 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 11:01:09 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

So, in THH, Exador says, "Actually, things are much simpler now; there is nothing left to hide. The gloves are coming off. We are going to seize the book from Lenamare and the Council even if we have to flatten Freehold to do it."

This sounds as if all three are about the gear up and flatten Freehold sooner, rather than later. At the same time, The Inferno is preparing to depart for the Abyss, and the Nimbus is closing in. Lilith is currently reeling from her defeat, but she was using secret resources, not her public resources, so she's only inconvenienced. While timing is still nebulous, it appears there could be up to three assaults at around the same time, in different places. Exad'oh and company on Freehold, The Inferno on the Courts of Chaos, and Lilith on Mount Doom.

If Ramalama and friends attack Freehold in force, I can see Damien requesting support and help from Tom. Maybe Vaselle as well? I doubt Tom would be able to throw away Vaselle like Orcus did his warlocks. I doubt he'd send all his forces to help, but a few hundred D'orcs could make a difference.

If the Inferno approaches the Courts, they'll likely try to serve warrants, finding out about Tom and Mount Doom. There'll be questions on whether they'll treat with Sammael or Lilith. Could go a couple of different ways there, but end result is them headed toward Doom as well. Lilith is likely to coordinate an attack at the same time. Of course, they could just start attacking, in which case, they'd go up against everyone there at the time. Likely deadly to them, but I don't see that happening at the moment.

The Nimbus. That's an odd one. It appears they have a link there in Murgatroy, and may be able to cross over to the Abyss from there. Not sure, though. Guess it depends on if they force or trick Gastrope' to summon Tizzy. Or they could continue their search for Bess. Really sounds like they're zeroing in on Mount Doom, though.

Speaking of the Nyjyr Ennead, they just moved some forces, so they may be on the move as well. But will they focus on Astlan, or Tierhallon? Either way, it seems Bess and Tom are starting to circle each other, so they may be meeting up soon, possibly dragging Doom into their conflict.

And then there's Djinnistan. Exfoliant just declared war on the entire djinn race, as the djinn re-established relations with Doom. Will the djinn focus on Freehold, or Doom? I think for them, Doom is lower priority item. Exadoofus made himself very unpopular with them, so likely they'll concentrate more on Freehold.

Argh, so many questions!
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#90 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:56:21 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

You make it sound so simple and straightforward....

Yes, I agree with all your points, but that is just the appetizer; may I remind you of the following:

The Storm Lords of Nysegard are very pissed at getting routed. From their perspective, it looks like Excrement set them up.
Of course, they are, or have, an Undead Army; and T-A-G keeps threatening more undead action.

As far as I know, the Inferno might be able to get to the Abyss, but do you seriously think they are going to stop and ask for directions?

My bet is that they might wander around for a bit trying to figure out where to go. Now presumably, someone in Oorstemoth knows where the Courts are, but they've been rather vague on that. On the other hand the Rod members or some priests will probably be able to detect Talarius, being the only current Tiernonite in the Abyss (except for visits from Sentir Fallon)

Of course there is also Melissance, who was/is a former high priest of Tiernon. Not sure how she'll show up on the radar. So I'm thinking it's a crapshoot as to where the boat people end up.

Then of course, you forget about the Lords of Chaos. They got routed and a very devastating secret has been exposed; their weakness to extreme cold was previously unknown. Clearly everyone that knows the secret (Doom, Lillith, Djinnistan--if the LoC know that Djinnistan knows) has to be destroyed.

Plus once they figure out that Lillith used the Chaos Maelstrom to preserve the status quo rather than up end it they are going to be pissed at Lillith.

And the Djinn are beefing up their presence in Astlan to protect Turelane from getting Abanciad by Exador--now that they are free to attack Exador/defend Turelane from Exador their presence will be known.

Now, might I also remind you that the Alfar are in high freakout mode and are marshaling their forces on multiple planes to defend the localverse from the Return of Orcus.

Of course, with Alfar Armies Assembling, the dwarves are going to freak the frack out and start marshaling their forces...

Which puts the Grove in a very precarious position. which is why Trevin launched the Nimbus in the first place...

Now, you may not have noticed, that while Tom has no plans to conquer the Planes of Man, the D'Orcs are literally 'hellbent' on the Restoration of Glory and turning the Planes of Man back into the Planes of Orc.

Oh, and then there is that small problem in the sub-basement of Doom. But you don't know about that yet.

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#91 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:09:41 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

Oh, oh! What if Tom and Talarius go to find Melissance at Smody's place, and the Inferno ends up there?

If T-A-G wants AOD to span a greater period of time, some of those pieces in play are going to have to slip their time tables or something.

Reading THH again...

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#92 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:48:20 AM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

So I was trying to determine who exactly is left in the glade with Gastropé after Tom vacates to destroy the Chaon Maelstrom.

I've got Damien, Vaselle, Ragala-nargoloth, Tal-Gor, Farsooth, and Beya. Not sure about those last two, but I think so. So we have all of them in Murgatroy with Jenn, Hilda, Beragamos, Stevos, the Nimbus, and a bunch of alvar bent on destroying Tom.

...no, this won't be a problem. Nossiree.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#93 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:17:51 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yeah, I don't think all of it is getting resolved in v3. Actually I know it won't because that's a big chunk of the rest of the book.

But there will be some big thunkings and booms.

On your line up, you forgot Schwarzenfürze. Now, true, she's not much of conversationalist, but if things got rough, she comes in handy.
If nothing else she adds an air of ... well something nasty....
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#94 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:36:02 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

May the Schwarzenfürze be with you!

Remember, Muhchandising, muhchandising, muhchandising.

Demons of Astlan: The Deadly Miasma of Doom from Schwarzenfürze
Demons of Astlan: The Toilet Paper

Yes, I can see Jenn popping Schwarzenfürze in the muzzle, and she looks at Jenn kind of crossed-eyed...then eats her face. <jiggle>

Yes, that's going to be quite entertaining...for someone. <jiggle>
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline Tizzy  
#95 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:16:08 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

So should we sell eau de Schwarzenfürze at perfume counters or market it to police and military personal?

I bet it could replace Mace pretty easily.

Which would be more painful, stun gun or eau de Schwarzenfürze.

BTW do you know what her name means? I wonder how many people caught that.

Offline Cronus  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:45:58 AM(UTC)
Cronus

Groups: Registered

German: Schwarz/Schwarze=Black, Fürze=Farts. Black Farts
The n (Schwarze(n)fürze) is unnecessary, but i guess it´s easier to spell in english.
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#97 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:28:10 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

<jiggle>

That's funny. Yes, I'm thinking she's going to be VERY helpful once everyone sees the crew in Murgatroy. I'm thinking that's the most immediate confrontation. After all, the crew is just hanging out there with Gastropé. They can't stay there forever. Well, I suppose Schwarzenfürze could, but the rest of the puny mortals are going to have to eat. And there WILL be some kind of confrontation.

It will be interesting to see what Meat Maker and the other orcs do when Tal-Gor and Schwarzenfürze show up. Schwarzenfürze will probably see Hilda and "Gamos" for who they really are, but will she attack if they don't attack first? She's vicious, nasty, and stinky around the rear end, but she's not stupid, by any means.

Not to mention, how are they going to explain Damien to Jenn? <jiggle> ThAT'LL be an interesting conversation. Of course, they could just tell the truth...but Gastropé...I don't think he'll have the courage to do that. Damien doesn't really have a reason to lie to her, though. Just not sure about that. It could go either way.
Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)

Offline The Author Guy  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:08:33 PM(UTC)
The Author Guy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Yes, I debated about the (n). But I finally decided that I liked the way adding the n made it sound to someone in English. In German it would be pronounced so quickly that I doubt you'd notice it one way or the other when speaking. But an English speaker would pronounce it much slower, more like two words.

German is a remarkable language for its ability to concatenate words to provide single words with richer meaning. For example all sorts of emotions like schadenfreude. It's positively brilliant. I wish English had more words to describe complex things simply.
Offline Tizzy  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:11:42 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Yes it will be a very joyous homecoming event.

Ripe with opportunities to watch Gastrope' squirm and turn different shades of gray. And for Jenn to freak out!

Ooh, I head about this book called "Fifty Shades of Gray" I wonder if it's about Gastrope'?

I think I'm going to see if I can get tickets for the event so I can see it up close.

You know that tormenting those two is one of my greatest joys!
Offline Dungeon Roomba  
#100 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 10:29:25 PM(UTC)
Dungeon Roomba

You know, Tizzy, you have a real opportunity here. You'll need a copy of the balling Anty made. You can sell those (secretly, of course), and there's the female D'Orc pinup calendar, the Lord Tommus bobble-head dolls, replicas of the Rod of Tommus, not to mention the Snow Park!

Gelatinous Cube
(aka Dungeon Roomba)