The Council ForumTizzy Talk

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
15 Pages«<34567>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tizzy  
#81 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 3:55:00 AM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Oh, and going back a bit, for the record, I was hinting that Rosver might be a demon.
Demons love to argue over previous statements, documents, agreements, you name it.

All in, demons are just warmer, nicer, cuddlier lawyers...

Offline Madfox11  
#82 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 8:15:58 AM(UTC)
Madfox11

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
Oh, and going back a bit, for the record, I was hinting that Rosver might be a demon.
Demons love to argue over previous statements, documents, agreements, you name it.

All in, demons are just warmer, nicer, cuddlier lawyers...

I thought that were devils? Or was it Fae? Or both? Or is that whole fallen angels thing just a different type of angel where their deity is hiding behind the illusion of a demon? Pretty sure though that Fae love their bargains, including twisting promises and oaths. ;)

As for the Abyss, what if the whole place is an ellaborate illusion? It is hot because people think it is hot. Objects have no minds, and hence are not affected? ;) Than again, we all might be an illusion of Tizzy and he might be the only real thing ;)
Offline Tizzy  
#83 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 5:22:47 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Groups: Administrators, AoD Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, ITN Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Actually, you'd be surprised how often I hear that last theory.

I hear it about every 45 seconds in fact. Not sure who is whispering it in my ear, but it does get very convincing at times.

I really have no proof that anything outside myself exists. Not even sure I need anything outside myself, after all, if you are all just figments of my imagination, then I am great company for myself!

Offline Rosver  
#84 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 5:02:32 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Are we talking about fluid reality again! OMG!

@Tizzy:

Buildings move around? It certainly is lucky... or I say coincedental... that "The Ripe Young Maiden's Surprise" stay its ground when Tom is looking for it. Though if what you say is true, navigating that city is a nightmare! Harry Potter got lost on those switching stairs, changing city scape? Nightmare! I also wonder why the stores need to change location and image. Location and Branding is a very powerful factor for a business. You can't really just change your location and branding willy-nilly or you loose your business. That might indicate that demons has no sense of business.

Though I am wondering why there are many collapsed buildings if they took such toil to present vanity.

The Economy is also something I discussed before but people seems uninterested in it. No one seems interested with it now too.

I'm also just pointing out these weird things but, really, I don't mind them much. T-A-G might have something in mind for doing so and I for one is looking forward to it.

As for reality, keep observing or they might disappear when you are not looking.
Offline Tizzy  
#85 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 4:20:04 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Well, demons aren't really great businessmen, and they all have a grass is always greener on the other street sort of view.

Which is odd, because green grass doesn't grow very well in the Abyss....

They don't move that often, I would say most stores move maybe once a year or so, they usually go through some appearance rotations more often than moving.

I know you don't mind it and are just pointing it out. That's important because it causes thought and introspection and cleans things up.

It's the sort of examination and pointing out that is critical in a Beta Reader for example.

Offline Madfox11  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:40:50 AM(UTC)
Madfox11

Erm... why are collapsed buildings against somebody's vanity? There have been humans who spend fortunes to build a ruin in their garden, and since demons love to destroy, one would imagine they like the look of destroyed buildings as well (especially if they got to do the destroying).
Offline Tizzy  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2014 6:23:54 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

You know, come to think of it, it's interesting we are talking about collapsed buildings right now.

For some reason this seems to be the time of year most of the collapsed buildings start appearing!

Not sure why this season. Admittedly this is the time of year when demons and their extended families get together to drink Devil's Nogg and feast on Roast Elf and reindeer.

Some of the "discussions" get a bit heated with the Nogg....

I suppose the ruins could be related to holiday gathering.

Angel

Offline Rosver  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2014 11:29:19 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Groups: Beta Demon, Heavenly Host Beta Demons, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

"Why are collapsed buildings against somebody's vanity"

I gather that this is a joke.
Offline Tizzy  
#89 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2014 11:29:59 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

No idea what that means, I've reread and I think it represents a crossed meaning between posts.

You were making the point about why would some go to so much work to create shapeshifting buildings, and have one "shape" be a collapsed ruin...because it wouldn't serve one's vanity.

People build palaces out of vanity, not ruins.

And Madfoxii was countering with the point, demons like to destroy things, in particular, nice things. So building nice buildings only to subsequently destroy them is not necessarily against one's vanity.

I.e. one can imagine a demon so vane that they want people to know they have so much power, they can afford to destroy their own palaces...

I think....
Offline ShadowFerret  
#90 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 5:28:42 AM(UTC)
ShadowFerret

Hello, I would like to be a beta reader. Thank you.

Edited by user Thursday, December 25, 2014 5:31:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tizzy  
#91 Posted : Thursday, December 25, 2014 4:56:40 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Excellent shade of blood in your request!
Offline Ogbebaba  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2014 1:53:34 AM(UTC)
Ogbebaba

Hello, I would like to be a beta reader. Thank you.

Signed in blood by Ogbebaba
Offline Tizzy  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:42:35 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Excellent!

Offline shakez  
#94 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 4:47:32 AM(UTC)
shakez

Groups: Registered

Hey I've been checking this forum for a while for the next book and decided to throw in my name for the beta reading
Offline Tizzy  
#95 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 5:29:32 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Cool, but you need to sign in Blood red font.

Otherwise I am unable to collect your soul via email.

Angel
Offline Madfox11  
#96 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 3:18:43 PM(UTC)
Madfox11

Originally Posted by: Tizzy Go to Quoted Post
No idea what that means, I've reread and I think it represents a crossed meaning between posts.

You were making the point about why would some go to so much work to create shapeshifting buildings, and have one "shape" be a collapsed ruin...because it wouldn't serve one's vanity.

People build palaces out of vanity, not ruins.

And Madfoxii was countering with the point, demons like to destroy things, in particular, nice things. So building nice buildings only to subsequently destroy them is not necessarily against one's vanity.

I.e. one can imagine a demon so vane that they want people to know they have so much power, they can afford to destroy their own palaces...

I think....

Yeah, that was my point ;) I would even go so far as to say that if normal rich humans on Earth think ruins are the epitome of beauty willing to spend tons of money on building fake ruins in their gardens out of vanity*, then I would say that demons are even more likely to build ruins out of vanity ;)

* Take a look at some of the follies the English lords build in their gardens ;)
Offline Tizzy  
#97 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 5:28:56 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

Excellent point.

Plus just think about all the faux urban decay people build.

Offline Rosver  
#98 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:46:00 AM(UTC)
Rosver

Hah! Twisted logic.

Hey! When humans speak of ruins they mean this:

Temple of Hera

or

Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

Not:

Rubbles

or

Collapsed Building

They have very different aesthetics. They are technically all ruins, but since the book says collapsed buildings, the latter two is what applied. These actually shows that the owners are destitute. I mean, building more palaces rather than breaking them would made more of a statement. After all to an outsider, it would look like their enemies had got them and made havoc of their domicile.
Offline Tizzy  
#99 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:03:41 PM(UTC)
Tizzy

I should think you could have both faux ruins and real ones.

It's really a mixed bag, to be honest:

In reality, there are true ruins that are most likely because there was a fight or battle in that building and it was damaged/brought to ruin and no one has gotten around to clearing them ore rebuilding them. I would not assume destitute, perhaps they are just lazy, but they may very well be broke.

for example say you are a mid level demon who toils for centuries to make enough money/favors to buy a house, a store or a condo and it gets destroyed, we don't have insurance (or rather we do--but it's more mafia style insurance) so it could take you another couple centuries to work up the money to rebuild your house or your store or whatever it was.

In some cases the owner might actually live in the ruins because they have no where else to go or to protect their land. And this, for me is a very sad and depressing situation. I have some friends like this. They are squatters in their own ruins because they got in huge fight with their neighbors and well...things came crashing down.

Now on the other hand, because there are styles, there are some buildings that are built to look like ruins, (or illusioned to) particularly during post apocalypse phases (.e.g. Mad Max Decor) in which case you will find bars and such that look ruined but are more like functional set pieces in a movie.

Offline shakez4  
#100 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:59:46 PM(UTC)
shakez4

Ahh it didnt let me verify my first account still want to beta read

Shakez4